Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Interesting article from Ann Coulter

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Interesting article from Ann Coulter

Post by MWmetalhead » Fri Dec 21, 2018 8:11 pm

Generally speaking, I am not a fan of Ms. Coulter. I feel she is provocative for the sake of being provocative. She doesn't come across as a very nice person.

That being said, she says what she believes and doesn't seem to care whom she pisses off. At times, that can be a GOOD thing.

I found this recent opinion piece from her to be very interesting reading:
http://www.anncoulter.com/columns/2018-12-19.html

While I strongly dislike her characterization of immigrants in the opening paragraph (I would contend the overwhelming majority love America, are God-fearing, and just want to make a better life for themselves and their children), I absolutely LOVE the fact she's calling out Trump for being such a narcissistic asshole.

She refers to him as a "vulgar publicity hound," "sociopath," and indirectly refers to him as a "gigantic douchebag."

I love this passage from her article:
But when Trump is alone with Ivanka, they seem to agree that the wall has nothing to do with it. The people just love him for who he is! In a country of 320 million people, I'm sure there are some, but I have yet to meet a person who said, Yeah, I don't really care about immigration or trade, I just love his personality!
She is also correct that "The Wall" was the quintessential aspect of Trump's campaign that likely put him over the top with the electorate. I agree that there are plenty of signs that Trump is more interested in using it as a political football than actually finding a way to build it.

Deleted User 8570

Re: Interesting article from Ann Coulter

Post by Deleted User 8570 » Fri Dec 21, 2018 9:30 pm

MWmetalhead wrote:
Fri Dec 21, 2018 8:11 pm
Generally speaking, I am not a fan of Ms. Coulter. I feel she is provocative for the sake of being provocative. She doesn't come across as a very nice person.

That being said, she says what she believes and doesn't seem to care whom she pisses off. At times, that can be a GOOD thing.

I found this recent opinion piece from her to be very interesting reading:
http://www.anncoulter.com/columns/2018-12-19.html

While I strongly dislike her characterization of immigrants in the opening paragraph (I would contend the overwhelming majority love America, are God-fearing, and just want to make a better life for themselves and their children), I absolutely LOVE the fact she's calling out Trump for being such a narcissistic asshole.

She refers to him as a "vulgar publicity hound," "sociopath," and indirectly refers to him as a "gigantic douchebag."

I love this passage from her article:
But when Trump is alone with Ivanka, they seem to agree that the wall has nothing to do with it. The people just love him for who he is! In a country of 320 million people, I'm sure there are some, but I have yet to meet a person who said, Yeah, I don't really care about immigration or trade, I just love his personality!
She is also correct that "The Wall" was the quintessential aspect of Trump's campaign that likely put him over the top with the electorate. I agree that there are plenty of signs that Trump is more interested in using it as a political football than actually finding a way to build it.
1) Trump has never cared about the wall... trade yes... not the wall.

2) I’m not convinced how much of these conservative blowhards act is real and how much is put on for the crowds...

3) Hillary being unlikeable had far more to do with Trump winning than the wall ever did.

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Sat Dec 22, 2018 8:03 am

Perfect example of what I call the T Rump conundrum. While I fully agree with many (not all) of the policy enacted in his first two years, I just can't stand him as a human being. The Syria pullout may be the biggest mistake of his tenure so far.

Conversely, while I loathed almost every single thing done policy wise during the Obama tenure, I most likely would have enjoyed having a beer or two with him.

New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

screen glare

Post by screen glare » Sat Dec 22, 2018 9:06 am

Interesting. However I have never trusted Coulter. A mix of Morticia Adams and Cruella DeVil - in a bleached fright wig - all wrapped into one twisted uptight package. How many enraged screeds has she penned by now? No thanks.

bmw

Post by bmw » Sat Dec 22, 2018 11:08 am

screen glare wrote:
Sat Dec 22, 2018 9:06 am
Interesting. However I have never trusted Coulter. A mix of Morticia Adams and Cruella DeVil - in a bleached fright wig - all wrapped into one twisted uptight package. How many enraged screeds has she penned by now? No thanks.
Mark this as the first time I've ever been in 100 percent agreement with you. I wouldn't hire her to so much as flip burgers.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic