Hello! Welcome to the Michigan Radio & TV Buzzboard. All accepted new account registrations through 11-14-2017 at 8:00p ET have been activated. I apologize for the delay in activating new accounts.

Want to know Buzzboard readers' thoughts on the Cumulus debt restructuring proposal? Check out the thread in the "Broadcasting - General" forum!

(Note: hover your mouse pointer near the upper right corner of this box and click the "x" to close it.)

Not Really A Good time To Do This

Discussion pertaining to Detroit, Ann Arbor, Port Huron, and SW Ontario
sfpcc

Not Really A Good time To Do This

Post by sfpcc » Fri May 19, 2017 11:03 pm

According to the Comcast guide WDIV is bumping the season finale of Law And Order SVU for something called Local 4 Sports Special. Right now I can't tell if it's being moved to WADL of shown at a later date. I know this station does this somewhat often but it's the season finale! It's not some Saturday night rerun. Maybe something will change or it will show up on demand.

Editorcj

Re: Not Really A Good time To Do This

Post by Editorcj » Sat May 20, 2017 10:13 am

"We interrupt your regularly scheduled programming for a special presentation of Make Good Theater. Thank you for allowing us to fulfill our contractual obligations to our advertisers and clients by showing something in primetime with inventory we control instead of the mere 4 minutes the network gives us. In between the commercials Bernie has amassed some amusing videos from the internet and we talk to some Tigers."

mtburb

Post by mtburb » Sat May 20, 2017 12:20 pm

According to Zap2It WDIV is actually preempting the episode that precedes the finale-and it's also a new episode. That episode won't air on WADL either.
For three days in January 2017 (15th, 16th, 19th) and one night in September 2017 (22nd), I managed to receive KDKA Pittsburgh from 202 miles away indoors!

My tropo station reception reports: https://www.rabbitears.info/dxlocation.php?id=403

mtburb

Post by mtburb » Wed May 24, 2017 7:19 pm

There is finally relief. WDIV will show the entire two-hour season finale and the Sports Special will actually preempt an SVU repeat that precedes the finale instead. Source is from at least two program guides.

I'm sure Local 4 did this because they finally gave in and did something to please all those complainers.
For three days in January 2017 (15th, 16th, 19th) and one night in September 2017 (22nd), I managed to receive KDKA Pittsburgh from 202 miles away indoors!

My tropo station reception reports: https://www.rabbitears.info/dxlocation.php?id=403

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic