Hello! Welcome to the Michigan Radio & TV Buzzboard. Please visit the newly created "Buzzboard v3.0 features" forum to view announcements as to recently installed new features, as well as to report any issues or share your opinions regarding recent site changes. All accepted new account registrations through 6-15-2017 at 8:45a ET have been activated.

(Note: hover your mouse pointer near the upper right corner of this box and click the "x" to close it.)

WADL 38.6

Discussion pertaining to Detroit, Ann Arbor, Port Huron, and SW Ontario
Some Guy from Toledo

Re: RE: Re: WADL 38.6

Post by Some Guy from Toledo » Fri May 19, 2017 9:27 pm

Inundated wrote:
Thu May 18, 2017 10:50 am
SixPlusOne wrote:
Some Guy from Toledo wrote:
Thu May 04, 2017 7:40 pm
since that would be the only way to get in one like Justice if ever.
The Justice Channel was available on the Dish Network before WADL even added it.
Very few subchannels have any satellite carriage. I had no idea that Justice was on Dish.

Then again, many of the subchannels air recycled cable programming..
Me neither, I suppose some companies know the dead-end they'd have otherwise.

SixPlusOne

Re: WADL 38.6

Post by SixPlusOne » Sat May 20, 2017 10:02 pm

mtburb wrote:
Fri May 19, 2017 7:19 pm
Tonight I happened to stumble upon another new addition: an audio simulcast of WFDF 910 Superstation on 38.7. Anyone else notice this too?
Yes, I noticed it as well tonight for the first time. Is this a waste? How many are going to listen to a radio program on a televison channel. This is quite a let down compared to a radio program that is actually televised.

Inundated

Re: RE: Re: WADL 38.6

Post by Inundated » Mon May 22, 2017 3:14 am

SixPlusOne wrote:
mtburb wrote:
Fri May 19, 2017 7:19 pm
Tonight I happened to stumble upon another new addition: an audio simulcast of WFDF 910 Superstation on 38.7. Anyone else notice this too?
Yes, I noticed it as well tonight for the first time. Is this a waste? How many are going to listen to a radio program on a televison channel. This is quite a let down compared to a radio program that is actually televised.
It's not common, I can't think of any other full power TV station that does this - aside from stuff like one of our local PBS affiliates carrying a radio reading service on a subchannel.

In Atlanta, an LPTVer carries a few audio channels, mostly radio simulcasts.

The radio station is co-owned, the audio is low bandwidth (likely not impacting any TV subchannels) and it costs them nothing to add it.

I assume that they aren't expecting much out of this.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic