Hello! Welcome to the Michigan Radio & TV Buzzboard. Please visit the newly created "Buzzboard v3.0 features" forum to view announcements as to recently installed new features, as well as to report any issues or share your opinions regarding recent site changes. All accepted new account registrations through 7-23-2017 at 8:30p ET have been activated.

(Note: hover your mouse pointer near the upper right corner of this box and click the "x" to close it.)

Entercom/CBS Radio Merger

Discussion pertaining to Detroit, Ann Arbor, Port Huron, and SW Ontario
MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Re: Entercom/CBS Radio Merger

Post by MWmetalhead » Sun Jun 18, 2017 7:32 pm

Morning team at the top rated Country station in Pittsburgh have just been handed pink slips by CBS/Entercom:

http://radioinsight.com/headlines/11841 ... ittsburgh/

On a semi-related note, I am stunned by how much the ratings have declined at 880 WCBS in NYC over the past year.
Radio station web sites that do not offer music logs or at least a "songs recently played" list are stupid.

LouPerry

Re: Entercom/CBS Radio Merger

Post by LouPerry » Mon Jun 19, 2017 12:59 pm

I've asked the same thing about WCBS-AM to the NY guys. WINS doesn't have as strong a signal than WCBS and doesn't seem to help. What the folks in NY tell me WINS is much more NY. The anchors are real NY'rs and it seem those on WCBS are more generic. Unique to have two all-news stations in a market and both are owned by CBS. WCB-AM as stronger #'s on Long Island.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic