Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

McAllister out at 97.1

Discussion pertaining to Detroit, Ann Arbor, Port Huron, and SW Ontario
riggs

Re: McAllister out at 97.1

Post by riggs » Thu Sep 01, 2016 8:13 pm

D.j.m. wrote:But do we really want to hear how much the Lions suck every Monday morning? :lol

Yes, it's called catharsis.

Sidney sit down, relax, have a sandwich, drink a glass of milk, do some fucking thing

riggs

Post by riggs » Thu Sep 01, 2016 8:15 pm

brianp48093 wrote:FINALLY!!!!! They should have kicked his arrogant, nasally, know it all, prick ass to the curb years ago!! I hate him. He was useless and brought absolutely nothing to the table. I can honestly say, I've listened to the morning show MAYBE 7 times since Bill started on mornings. I couldn't stand even 30 seconds of the show. Now, I'm going to check it out.

Funny thing, I was getting in the shower a little while ago, turned on the shower radio (97.1 is one of the only stations that comes in) and I caught Mike Valenti and Jamie on crosswalk and heard Mike say that tomorrow would be the final show with Jamie and Wojo together and that Jamie was going to mornings.

I knew, without a shadow of doubt, Bill was gone. I actually let out a loud "YES!" Of course, I had to jump on the buzzboard to verify lol.

I also beleive it was a conflict with someone at the station. One thing I've noticed is on Foul Feedback, the first one or 2 that Valenti ran, he read emails ripping on everyone. Then, after those first couple, MV never read any ripping on Bill. I also remember him saying, without saying names, that there were certain ones he couldn't read because it made certain people upset. Also, MV did a bit a while back where you could call in and make your own lineup of the personalities on 97.1 you could team whoever with whoever, but whoever was replaced was fired. There were quite a few callers, the majority that would get rid of Bill lol. So...all that being said, maybe Bill and MV had issues? Or maybe Bill was just a whiny, crybaby bitch?

Bill, if you happen to read this, you got EXACTLY what you deserved. Obviously, you meant nothing to the station. You were a prick and Karma bit you. Serves you right. Mark my words, you'll never get another shot at a morning gig again, especially in this market. Bye bye. Maybe try for a gig in Alaska....

Bill, if you happen to read this. Fuck that guy. Good luck to you and your family. Rough waters ahead with twins at home, but its the deal all of us make when we get in this business. Chin up, see ya 'round.

Sidney sit down, relax, have a sandwich, drink a glass of milk, do some fucking thing

deadend

Post by deadend » Thu Sep 01, 2016 9:59 pm

Bill, if you read this, YOU'RE AN OBNOXIOUS, CONDESCENDING PRICK AND IM GLAD YOU'RE GONE!!!!!

Lickalime

Post by Lickalime » Thu Sep 01, 2016 11:24 pm

riggs wrote:
brianp48093 wrote:FINALLY!!!!! They should have kicked his arrogant, nasally, know it all, prick ass to the curb years ago!! I hate him. He was useless and brought absolutely nothing to the table. I can honestly say, I've listened to the morning show MAYBE 7 times since Bill started on mornings. I couldn't stand even 30 seconds of the show. Now, I'm going to check it out.

Funny thing, I was getting in the shower a little while ago, turned on the shower radio (97.1 is one of the only stations that comes in) and I caught Mike Valenti and Jamie on crosswalk and heard Mike say that tomorrow would be the final show with Jamie and Wojo together and that Jamie was going to mornings.

I knew, without a shadow of doubt, Bill was gone. I actually let out a loud "YES!" Of course, I had to jump on the buzzboard to verify lol.

I also beleive it was a conflict with someone at the station. One thing I've noticed is on Foul Feedback, the first one or 2 that Valenti ran, he read emails ripping on everyone. Then, after those first couple, MV never read any ripping on Bill. I also remember him saying, without saying names, that there were certain ones he couldn't read because it made certain people upset. Also, MV did a bit a while back where you could call in and make your own lineup of the personalities on 97.1 you could team whoever with whoever, but whoever was replaced was fired. There were quite a few callers, the majority that would get rid of Bill lol. So...all that being said, maybe Bill and MV had issues? Or maybe Bill was just a whiny, crybaby bitch?

Bill, if you happen to read this, you got EXACTLY what you deserved. Obviously, you meant nothing to the station. You were a prick and Karma bit you. Serves you right. Mark my words, you'll never get another shot at a morning gig again, especially in this market. Bye bye. Maybe try for a gig in Alaska....

Bill, if you happen to read this. Fuck that guy. Good luck to you and your family. Rough waters ahead with twins at home, but its the deal all of us make when we get in this business. Chin up, see ya 'round.
Sorry for not being up to date, I've lived out of state for a few years, but McAllister breeded? I thought he was all about not having kids.

armchair pd

Post by armchair pd » Fri Sep 02, 2016 12:55 am

I feel bad for the guy losing his gig, been there, done that it SUCKS. However, if I ever wind up as universally hated as he was, I'll turn in my cans and get a job flipping burgers.

craig11152

Post by craig11152 » Fri Sep 02, 2016 7:35 am

While I never wish unemployment on anybody I never cared for the guy. Certainly his forte (if he had one) was pop culture, not the best fit on a "sports" station. And his ego was too much for me.

When it comes to ratings all I ever see as a layman is the composite. But I wonder if that morning time slot was not doing as well as they would like. Isn't the early morning slot the most important followed by the drive home time slot?
Seems to me as a pure business move you don't mess with success. So to get rid of half of a two man show (no offense to Sara) would suggest it wasn't doing as well as expected.

Anyway I wish all the best for his two little twins. I suppose that means their dad landing on his feet some how, some way, some where.

I no longer directly engage trolls

rizzman87

Post by rizzman87 » Fri Sep 02, 2016 10:22 am

If the ratings were high most likely Moss is right saying Bill was not well liked by the staff at 97.1. Also kind of strange Stoney just signed a new deal and already has a new partner.

craig11152

Post by craig11152 » Fri Sep 02, 2016 10:54 am

rizzman87 wrote:If the ratings were high most likely Moss is right saying Bill was not well liked by the staff at 97.1. Also kind of strange Stoney just signed a new deal and already has a new partner.
I certainly have no insight. But again it would seem management would be reluctant to break up a working formula.

On a slight tangent I heard Valenti on Monday discuss his running the company Football Fantasy league. I was a bit taken aback at how openly he talked about his dislike of Dan Leach. In the past I suspected he wasn't fond of the guy but I was never sure if it was real or "ball busting" shtick. It seemed very clear on Monday that he truly hates Dan Leach and told everybody who was listening.

Robespierre

Post by Robespierre » Fri Sep 02, 2016 12:30 pm

The Reason they didn't renew Mc'Allister's deal is because CBS is selling the Radio Division.They are cutting everywhere.You will see more of them.Eventually,the Station will be Valenti and the low paid talent.Btw...Dan Leach is the worst Broadcaster I've ever heard.He's proof, if the death of Radio.

wtfdetroit

Post by wtfdetroit » Fri Sep 02, 2016 1:49 pm

I didn't care for him either but lets not act like Stoney wasn't just as obnoxious as him with the nonsense talk. I stopped listening to it altogether a couple years back. I do recall it would be a Monday after a Lions game and they would replay the radio highlights at 6 am and by 6:20 it was "at 6:32, do you put Ketchup on your eggs" and all the buffoons would call in. This was the direction management gave them. I did find it weird that a sports station would not talk about sports in the morning.

craig11152

Post by craig11152 » Fri Sep 02, 2016 2:41 pm

Robespierre wrote:Btw...Dan Leach is the worst Broadcaster I've ever heard.He's proof, if the death of Radio.
I realize everybody has their own personal preferences and tastes. I realize Dan Leach ain't the greatest guy to ever talk in to a microphone. But I still don't get the level of vitriol toward the guy that many guys in here seem to have. To me he is fairly easy going, doesn't seem to have the overly large ego many radio people seem to have. He doesn't come across as angry all the time. I think he has a reasonable sports knowledge. I'm not sure any of those guys are as smart as they come across when it comes to spouting statistics to make a point....they are reading crap off a computer screen pulled up for them by some behind the scene lackey.

joe60

Post by joe60 » Fri Sep 02, 2016 4:50 pm

Stoney has been crap since his WDFN days and does not belong on morning radio. Maybe he will keep his clothes on now

wtfdetroit

Post by wtfdetroit » Fri Sep 02, 2016 10:33 pm

joe60 wrote:Stoney has been crap since his WDFN days and does not belong on morning radio. Maybe he will keep his clothes on now
Exactly. Jamie will talk about Academy Award winners and his sports opinions are basically zero. Jamie is the ultimate fence rider.

BKRPDM

Post by BKRPDM » Fri Sep 02, 2016 10:38 pm

Robespierre wrote:The Reason they didn't renew Mc'Allister's deal is because CBS is selling the Radio Division.They are cutting everywhere.You will see more of them.Eventually,the Station will be Valenti and the low paid talent.Btw...Dan Leach is the worst Broadcaster I've ever heard.He's proof, if the death of Radio.
Just think...we'd get stuck with Kyle Bogey, who's young and probably lower paid than the vets. His arrogance level exceeds Bill's.

dm00n

Post by dm00n » Fri Sep 02, 2016 10:59 pm

What happens to the Jaime and Wojo slot?

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic