All new acct registrations in the queue as of 6/16 at 8:10a ET have been activated. Want to share your favorite Buzzboard posts with your social media page readers? Now, there's an easy way to do it! Visit this page for instructions: viewtopic.php?f=39&t=47643

(Note: hover your mouse pointer near the upper right corner of this box and click the "x" to close it.)

Saturday Matinee w/ Baligian

Discussion pertaining to Detroit, Ann Arbor, Port Huron, and SW Ontario
Matt

Re: Saturday Matinee w/ Baligian

Post by Matt » Sun Mar 13, 2016 1:28 pm

RadioRat wrote:It isn't a problem at Red Berenson's Michigan but Anastos gets 300K at MSU and that program has gone off a cliff. The salary measures the resource commitment of the University to the program and what Michigan spends today isn't commensurate with the competition. That worked at MSU under Mason given his impact on the sport and under Comley (to a degree as that national title was a bit of a fluke) but it is failing spectacularly now.

My gut says Michigan has forgotten how bad it was before Red and will try to maintain the program halfheartedly (Harbaugh and Beilein both make orders of magnitude more than their predecessors so some of that money is being redirected from elsewhere/increases in funding that would have happened elsewhere are now off the table). Also, the disaster that is the B1G conference is not to be trivialized. Tech, Miami (OH), Notre Dame, North Dakota, Minnesota-Duluth, St Cloud, the East Coast are all viable alternatives to UM, MSU, Minnesota, Wisconsin for players in their own backyard. That was not true ten years ago. As an example, North Dakota's goalie is a sophomore from Troy. He's got a 1.58 GAA and a .938 save percentage. How did UM let him get away to stick with the likes of Racine? Caggiula, 42 points on the year, is from Ontario. Auk and Roy on Tech's defensive core are from metro Detroit, part of a unit that has given up a goal less per game than Michigan. Other programs are openly encroaching on what used to be exclusively Wolverine and Spartan territory to poach premier talent.
Michigan has made major upgrades to Yost in the last five years, and they will pay for a top notch coach what they need to. I don't see how Red's lower salary states anything. Michigan's AD is not hurting for money.

BTW, Anastos at that salary is a ridiculous ripoff for State.

format this

Post by format this » Mon Mar 14, 2016 2:45 am

How long do you see the B1G hockey conference go running with 6 teams? They should merge with NCHC which in a way creates another CCHA.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Note to WGN... bring back Steve Cochran ASAP.

EDIT: Steve Cochran IS BACK AT WGN!!!

Matt

Post by Matt » Wed Mar 16, 2016 12:08 pm

format this wrote:How long do you see the B1G hockey conference go running with 6 teams? They should merge with NCHC which in a way creates another CCHA.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk
Arizona State might be added as an affiliate member, which is ridiculous logistically, and Illinois wants to add hockey. I don't see any merging anytime soon.

billmich

Post by billmich » Tue Aug 15, 2017 9:05 am

Been thinking about this thread for a while. Everything 'radiorat' said was incorrect and as predicted, Mel Pearson replaced Red Berensen at Michigan

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic