All new acct registrations in the queue as of 8/11 at 9:00a ET have been activated. Want to share your favorite Buzzboard posts with your social media page readers? Now, there's an easy way to do it! Visit this page for instructions: viewtopic.php?f=39&t=47643

(Note: hover your mouse pointer near the upper right corner of this box and click the "x" to close it.)

WDVD Fires Allyson from morning show

Discussion pertaining to Detroit, Ann Arbor, Port Huron, and SW Ontario
jry

Re: WDVD Fires Allyson from morning show

Post by jry » Wed Jul 29, 2015 12:37 pm

Yeah, part of a team that is number three in the 25-54 demo, in a format that will never be number one with that group. This debt must really be a problem.

LouPerry

Post by LouPerry » Wed Jul 29, 2015 1:07 pm

Business question -- Without her will ratings/spot price go down?

Les Nessman

Post by Les Nessman » Wed Jul 29, 2015 2:34 pm

FAN wrote:From the Detroit News, "The move comes despite the fact that the “Blaine & Allyson” show ranked No. 3 among morning shows in the June Nielsen ratings for adults 25-54.
The article is incorrect, they were 10th A25-54 in June. W25-54 they were 5th.

"The radio business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs.

There's also a negative side"

-Hunter S. Thompson

kbg

Post by kbg » Wed Jul 29, 2015 4:57 pm

Les Nessman wrote:
FAN wrote:From the Detroit News, "The move comes despite the fact that the “Blaine & Allyson” show ranked No. 3 among morning shows in the June Nielsen ratings for adults 25-54.
The article is incorrect, they were 10th A25-54 in June. W25-54 they were 5th.
They were 11th in the May ratings and had under a 4 share. The number one morning drive show has a 13 share. I don't think it is about cost cutting but how much money can the 11th placed morning show make.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Wed Jul 29, 2015 6:53 pm

Man, the Detroit News's journalists are even more inept than I thought! How could they fudge the numbers *that* badly?!!! Perhaps the writer was looking at cume instead of AQH share?

Cumulus' track record is god awful when it comes to ratings turnarounds. I have very little faith in their ability to make a smart move here.

R.I.P. Vinnie Paul Abbott (March 11, 1964 – June 22, 2018)

Love Pink

Post by Love Pink » Thu Jul 30, 2015 6:39 am

MWmetalhead wrote:Man, the Detroit News's journalists are even more inept than I thought! How could they fudge the numbers *that* badly?!!! Perhaps the writer was looking at cume instead of AQH share?

Cumulus' track record is god awful when it comes to ratings turnarounds. I have very little faith in their ability to make a smart move here.
How is it that these colossal corporations were able to grow to such a colossal size when it seems like all they do is destroy everything they touch?

♪♫Quickie-kiss-it Quickie-kiss-it Quickie-kiss-it Muah Muah Muah Quickie-kiss-it Quickie-kiss-it She's kissing, she's kissing, she's kissing so quick♫♪

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Thu Jul 30, 2015 7:04 am

Citadel ran the ABC properties into the ground, went bankrupt, Cumulus picked up the pieces on the cheap.

I think Cumulus is ruined by it's consultants, and corporate staff that are brainless yes-men.

Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Thu Jul 30, 2015 7:26 am

A decent number of Citadel's large & major market FM stations were still in good shape when Cumulus acquired them, as was the case with Susquehanna.

Cumulus ran a number of decent to strong performing stations into the ground *after* the acquisition.

That said, 890WLS was already sliding when Cumulus picked it up (Cumulus only made things worse), and this is true with 810 KGO as well.

Look at Atlanta. Kicks 101.5 was the #1 country station in the market and 106.7 had a Classic Hits format earning a 3.0 share. Now, Kicks 101.5 trails 94-9 the Bull (iHeart) by a big margin, 106.7 is losing money as a low-rated News/Talk outlet, and Q100 (CHR outlet picked up from Susquehanna) is getting its butt kicked by Power 96.1. (iHeart).

Citadel - to its credit - invested a lot in 96.3 WDVD and continued the momentum that Disney/ABC started.

R.I.P. Vinnie Paul Abbott (March 11, 1964 – June 22, 2018)

FAN

Post by FAN » Thu Jul 30, 2015 9:02 am

Ya wtf DetNews. You following the Rolling Stone school of journalism and just making shit up?? Big difference between #3 and #11!!!

jry

Post by jry » Thu Jul 30, 2015 10:56 am

CUME Less has done quite a few of these "cost cutting" moves and they always say that the moves will not adversely affect revenues. They're almost always wrong.
Cutting Hannity was one example.

zeplepplin

Post by zeplepplin » Sun Aug 16, 2015 10:48 am

Love Pink wrote:
MWmetalhead wrote:Man, the Detroit News's journalists are even more inept than I thought! How could they fudge the numbers *that* badly?!!! Perhaps the writer was looking at cume instead of AQH share?

How is it that these colossal corporations were able to grow to such a colossal size when it seems like all they do is destroy everything they touch?
You should ask Hank and Doug Meijer that very question. The most ineptly run company and yet they are worth 10.4 billion.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic