All new acct registrations in the queue as of 10/18 at 10:00p ET have been activated. Want to share your favorite Buzzboard posts with your social media page readers? Now, there's an easy way to do it! Visit this page for instructions: viewtopic.php?f=39&t=47643

(Note: hover your mouse pointer near the upper right corner of this box and click the "x" to close it.)

Mike & Mike Moving to NYC from CT.

Discussion pertaining to Detroit, Ann Arbor, Port Huron, and SW Ontario
LouPerry

Mike & Mike Moving to NYC from CT.

Post by LouPerry » Mon May 11, 2015 3:58 pm

•Story from Sports Business Journal

Lester The Nightfly

Re: Mike & Mike Moving to NYC from CT.

Post by Lester The Nightfly » Mon May 11, 2015 4:09 pm

Maybe they can split the moving van costs with Bill Simmons?
If speculation on "Deadspin" is right, Colin Cowherd might be getting the hell outta Bristol too...

LouPerry

Post by LouPerry » Mon May 11, 2015 4:22 pm

Frankly I don't know why they haven't moved the whole thing to NY from Bristol. Bristol ain't easy to get to.

NS8401

Post by NS8401 » Mon May 11, 2015 4:24 pm

It's gonna create a partnership of sorts with Good Morning America:

http://www.adweek.com/tvnewser/espns-mi ... gma/262497

Les Nessman

Post by Les Nessman » Mon May 11, 2015 4:26 pm

LouPerry wrote:Frankly I don't know why they haven't moved the whole thing to NY from Bristol. Bristol ain't easy to get to.
Hunh? it's a couple of miles off of I-84. VERY easy to get to. While the cost of living in CT ain't cheap, it's certainly cheaper than NYC.

"The radio business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs.

There's also a negative side"

-Hunter S. Thompson

Lester The Nightfly

Post by Lester The Nightfly » Mon May 11, 2015 4:30 pm

NS8401 wrote:It's gonna create a partnership of sorts with Good Morning America:

http://www.adweek.com/tvnewser/espns-mi ... gma/262497
Synnnnnnnnnnnnnergy!

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Tue May 12, 2015 11:56 am

Hunh? it's a couple of miles off of I-84. VERY easy to get to.
He probably meant in relation to a major airport. I am not sure if commuter train lines serve that area or not.

The Mike & Mike show performs decently enough in a lot of medium sized markets but generally gets taken to the wood shed in major markets. They just lost major affiliates in Washington, D.C. and Philly and will probably lose Detroit later this summer.

Cannot stand listening to motor mouth Greenberg for any lengthy stretch of time.

Radio's downfall has been under-investing in its core competency and becoming distracted by delusions of grandeur by thinking development of a half-assed national digital strategy will somehow put it on par with the Facebooks and Googles of the world.

LouPerry

Post by LouPerry » Tue May 12, 2015 5:48 pm

Les Nessman wrote:
LouPerry wrote:Frankly I don't know why they haven't moved the whole thing to NY from Bristol. Bristol ain't easy to get to.
Hunh? it's a couple of miles off of I-84. VERY easy to get to. While the cost of living in CT ain't cheap, it's certainly cheaper than NYC.
New York City is the broadcast capital of America. Why be in Bristol? If you want to interview a big name why should s/he have to pay a toll?

thekman

Post by thekman » Tue May 12, 2015 9:29 pm

LouPerry wrote:
New York City is the broadcast capital of America. Why be in Bristol? If you want to interview a big name why should s/he have to pay a toll?
I think this might be one of the few times that being in New York might not necessarily be an advantage. Sure, there will be more chances to interview pop culture big names, but sports fans often don't want to hear about pop culture. In terms of the big names from sports, many of them are already working at the massive ESPN campus in Bristol.

riggs

Post by riggs » Wed May 13, 2015 9:16 am

Lester The Nightfly wrote:Maybe they can split the moving van costs with Bill Simmons?
If speculation on "Deadspin" is right, Colin Cowherd might be getting the hell outta Bristol too...

Colin Cowherd sucks. He's awful. Biggest kiss-ass in the business.

Sidney sit down, relax, have a sandwich, drink a glass of milk, do some fucking thing

RDO

Post by RDO » Thu May 14, 2015 1:12 am

LouPerry wrote:New York City is the broadcast capital of America. Why be in Bristol? If you want to interview a big name why should s/he have to pay a toll?
You act like ESPN does tons of interviews in Bristol. They don't. They've got studios in the LA Live complex in Los Angeles, so they've got both coasts covered. Add in the fact that they just built the massive Digital Center 2 in Bristol, and they're not going anywhere.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic