I've gotten slow & sloppy in activating new accounts lately; sorry about that! All new acct registrations in the queue as of 9/23 at 7:15a ET have been activated. Want to share your favorite Buzzboard posts with your social media page readers? Now, there's an easy way to do it! Visit this page for instructions: viewtopic.php?f=39&t=47643

(Note: hover your mouse pointer near the upper right corner of this box and click the "x" to close it.)

Then, there's this.....

Discussion pertaining to Detroit, Ann Arbor, Port Huron, and SW Ontario
jry

Re: Then, there's this.....

Post by jry » Mon Oct 31, 2016 3:55 pm

I agree, Lou...Except 4 does not have a sports reporter in their AM cast.

sfpcc

Post by sfpcc » Wed Nov 09, 2016 11:33 pm

This doesn't have anything to do with local news but it's still very funny. On Quiz Central one of the questions was "who had the slogan I Like Ike?" One kid answered Ike Turner.

jry

Post by jry » Mon Nov 14, 2016 3:58 pm

Funny. The other answer being "Reverend Ike".

WDIV sending Walker to NY was interesting. I'm sure that they thought HRC was a shoe in and Rhonda would be part of the "history making" festivities....
Instead, it rained on their liberal parade.

Deleted User 1225

Post by Deleted User 1225 » Mon Nov 14, 2016 4:28 pm

I saw that :eek I cringed and laughed. Oh lord.. I am getting old.

sfpcc wrote:This doesn't have anything to do with local news but it's still very funny. On Quiz Central one of the questions was "who had the slogan I Like Ike?" One kid answered Ike Turner.

jry

Post by jry » Wed Nov 16, 2016 12:44 pm

This morning in the 9 or 10, WJR went to one of Steve Courtneys pre recorded sports reports. Ya gotta delete those old audio files, guys. Game 7 of the World Series has been played and we all know who won.

jry

Post by jry » Wed Nov 16, 2016 2:04 pm

WJR just reported that Trump supporters are wearing safety pins..... WRONG!
http://heavy.com/news/2016/11/why-are-p ... s-meaning/

jry

Post by jry » Tue Dec 06, 2016 1:47 pm

Man, just this past Friday in the 11AM, WJR played that old Steve Courtney sports report where he's talking about game 7 of the World Series. Why someone doesn't take that audio file out of their automation is beyond me. Sloppy.

jry

Post by jry » Wed Dec 07, 2016 1:18 pm

And..... WDIV is back in this thread. The Chyron during the 6 AM cast had some breaking news. A 6 point something earthquake with 90 plus people dead. One problem, it didn't say where. Later on, the story was read that mentioned Indonesia.

jry

Post by jry » Tue Dec 20, 2016 3:26 pm

What is up with WJRs automation. Stuff is dropping in over Rush and Savage (did you all know that his real last name is Weiner?) and lots of late stopsets, going back to the shows, in progress. How sloppy. We can send a guy in from Corporate to help them fix their problems.

sfpcc

Post by sfpcc » Tue Dec 20, 2016 5:02 pm

[quote="jry"]And..... WDIV is back in this thread. The Chyron during the 6 AM cast had some breaking news. A 6 point something earthquake with 90 plus people dead. One problem, it didn't say where. Later on, the story was read that mentioned Indonesia.[/quote

I think they also gave away the end to tonight's Jeopardy, (the current winner died of cancer last week. Watching it is kind of emotional.)

jry

Post by jry » Wed Dec 21, 2016 3:13 pm

[quote="sfpcc"][quote="jry"]And..... WDIV is back in this thread. The Chyron during the 6 AM cast had some breaking news. A 6 point something earthquake with 90 plus people dead. One problem, it didn't say where. Later on, the story was read that mentioned Indonesia.[/quote

I think they also gave away the end to tonight's Jeopardy, (the current winner died of cancer last week. Watching it is kind of emotional.)[/quote]
That was one of the saddest stories that i have seen in a long time.

sfpcc

Post by sfpcc » Wed Dec 21, 2016 5:23 pm

Mea Culpa.

I was wrong. Cindy Stowell will be on again tonight.

sfpcc

Post by sfpcc » Wed Dec 21, 2016 8:09 pm

[quote="sfpcc"]Mea Culpa.

I was wrong. Cindy Stowell will be on again tonight.[/quote]

Actually tonight was her last night. After the credits Alex Trebek offered condolences to her family.

SolarMax

Post by SolarMax » Thu Dec 22, 2016 11:11 am

A nice story and video on Boston.com:
'Jeopardy!’ run ends for cancer-stricken champion

jry

Post by jry » Thu Dec 22, 2016 2:18 pm

[quote="sfpcc"][quote="sfpcc"]Mea Culpa.

I was wrong. Cindy Stowell will be on again tonight.[/quote]

Actually tonight was her last night. After the credits Alex Trebek offered condolences to her family.[/quote]

Yeah, and WDIVs story, this morning, in the 6 was her "winning streak comes to an end". Kind of tacky. There had to have been a better way to report this.

SolarMax

Post by SolarMax » Fri Dec 30, 2016 11:46 pm

"Local" 4.
Story of Chicago drivers getting cell phones stolen when stopped at traffic lights. Not local, don't care, ho hum.
Story of old guy in Florida rescued from stall out on RR tracks. Not local, don't care, ho hum.
Local, but why, since we ready saw this days ago, again showing the body cam footage of the drunk Deputy Sheriff resisting arrest. ho hum.
No Russian dashcam video or Chinese bicycle accidents tonight though.

NS8401

Post by NS8401 » Sat Dec 31, 2016 12:02 am

SolarMax wrote:"Local" 4.
Story of Chicago drivers getting cell phones stolen when stopped at traffic lights. Not local, don't care, ho hum.
Story of old guy in Florida rescued from stall out on RR tracks. Not local, don't care, ho hum.
Local, but why, since we ready saw this days ago, again showing the body cam footage of the drunk Deputy Sheriff resisting arrest. ho hum.
No Russian dashcam video or Chinese bicycle accidents tonight though.
I always noticed that too... most of their 11pm news is not local.... funny enough all of 7's was except for maybe 2 minutes... you'd think they could advertise that somehow...

jry

Post by jry » Wed Jan 04, 2017 3:29 pm

Graphic VS Prompter Script. Rhonda mentions the 700 Million that Ford is investing in Flat Rock, the Graphic says "7M".

Traffic Girl reporting from a major accident (3 dead) and cannot dig up ANY news on it. 75 is closed... Thats about all i heard. Go to WJR and we find out it's a wrong way driver situation and that the freeway will reopen in a few minutes.

jry

Post by jry » Wed Jan 04, 2017 3:29 pm

Graphic VS Prompter Script. Rhonda mentions the 700 Million that Ford is investing in Flat Rock, the Graphic says "7M".

Traffic Girl reporting from a major accident (3 dead) and cannot dig up ANY news on it. 75 is closed... Thats about all i heard. Go to WJR and we find out it's a wrong way driver situation and that the freeway will reopen in a few minutes.

sfpcc

Post by sfpcc » Mon Jan 09, 2017 11:31 pm

Marvin Yagoda, owner of Marvin's Marvelous Mechanical Museum died a few days ago. The Channel 4 broadcast didn't mention how old he was, (78.)

(now I really want to go to that museum.)

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic