Hello! Welcome to the Michigan Radio & TV Buzzboard. Please visit the newly created "Buzzboard v3.0 features" forum to view announcements as to recently installed new features, as well as to report any issues or share your opinions regarding recent site changes. All accepted new account registrations through 7-16-2017 at 6:00p ET have been activated.

(Note: hover your mouse pointer near the upper right corner of this box and click the "x" to close it.)

Then, there's this.....

Discussion pertaining to Detroit, Ann Arbor, Port Huron, and SW Ontario
User avatar
MWmetalhead
Site Admin
Posts: 3866
Joined: Sun Oct 31, 2004 11:23 am

Re: Then, there's this.....

Post by MWmetalhead » Wed Feb 01, 2017 8:08 pm

I really wish Bernie would retire. He sucks.
Radio station web sites that do not offer music logs or at least a "songs recently played" list are stupid.

jry
Posts: 1436
Joined: Sat Dec 04, 2004 8:14 am
Location: somewhere in the former boonies

Re: Then, there's this.....

Post by jry » Thu Feb 02, 2017 2:49 pm

So.... Drutz the putz goes on camera the other morning, just before the first hour of The Today Show. She has her little "Editorial" on Trump freezing Immigration from Middle Eastern Countries. Except for the fact that it is Temporary from Nations that we know have had a hand in Terrorism and is not illegal as she said, it was passable. She had her little scarf around her neck in a fashion that most women wear when they go between "Covered" with a Hijab and not covered. Of course, if she really thinks it's illegal, how about inserting the word "possibly" in front of "illegal" or "in our opinion", something like that. She is now WDIVs "Panderer in Chief".

NS8401
Posts: 6717
Joined: Fri Mar 05, 2010 9:06 pm

Re: Then, there's this.....

Post by NS8401 » Thu Feb 02, 2017 3:03 pm

jry wrote:So.... Drutz the putz goes on camera the other morning, just before the first hour of The Today Show. She has her little "Editorial" on Trump freezing Immigration from Middle Eastern Countries. Except for the fact that it is Temporary from Nations that we know have had a hand in Terrorism and is not illegal as she said, it was passable. She had her little scarf around her neck in a fashion that most women wear when they go between "Covered" with a Hijab and not covered. Of course, if she really thinks it's illegal, how about inserting the word "possibly" in front of "illegal" or "in our opinion", something like that. She is now WDIVs "Panderer in Chief".
If it's an editorial then that's saying it's an opinion... why do you need to say it's an opinion two different ways? It's not News... it's an editorial....

jry
Posts: 1436
Joined: Sat Dec 04, 2004 8:14 am
Location: somewhere in the former boonies

Re: Then, there's this.....

Post by jry » Wed Feb 08, 2017 1:37 pm

[quote="NS8401"][quote="jry"]So.... Drutz the putz goes on camera the other morning, just before the first hour of The Today Show. She has her little "Editorial" on Trump freezing Immigration from Middle Eastern Countries. Except for the fact that it is Temporary from Nations that we know have had a hand in Terrorism and is not illegal as she said, it was passable. She had her little scarf around her neck in a fashion that most women wear when they go between "Covered" with a Hijab and not covered. Of course, if she really thinks it's illegal, how about inserting the word "possibly" in front of "illegal" or "in our opinion", something like that. She is now WDIVs "Panderer in Chief".[/quote]
If it's an editorial then that's saying it's an opinion... why do you need to say it's an opinion two different ways? It's not News... it's an editorial....[/quote]
I guess i shouldn't expect a little bit of accuracy in an Editorial. Clearly, the law allows the President to block whoever from wherever.

NS8401
Posts: 6717
Joined: Fri Mar 05, 2010 9:06 pm

Re: Then, there's this.....

Post by NS8401 » Wed Feb 08, 2017 1:57 pm

jry wrote:
NS8401 wrote:
jry wrote:So.... Drutz the putz goes on camera the other morning, just before the first hour of The Today Show. She has her little "Editorial" on Trump freezing Immigration from Middle Eastern Countries. Except for the fact that it is Temporary from Nations that we know have had a hand in Terrorism and is not illegal as she said, it was passable. She had her little scarf around her neck in a fashion that most women wear when they go between "Covered" with a Hijab and not covered. Of course, if she really thinks it's illegal, how about inserting the word "possibly" in front of "illegal" or "in our opinion", something like that. She is now WDIVs "Panderer in Chief".
If it's an editorial then that's saying it's an opinion... why do you need to say it's an opinion two different ways? It's not News... it's an editorial....
I guess i shouldn't expect a little bit of accuracy in an Editorial. Clearly, the law allows the President to block whoever from wherever.
According to one set of opinions yes... a different opinion is that it doesn't.. thus the court cases...

User avatar
mtburb
Posts: 396
Joined: Sun Oct 18, 2015 12:28 pm
Location: Wyandotte

Re: Then, there's this.....

Post by mtburb » Sat Feb 18, 2017 10:53 pm

Jumping on the bandwagon is Fox Sports Detroit, during the shootout in today's Wings-Capitals matchup where we won our first in six games and gave them their first loss in seven, the graphic when the third Wing player came to start the third round (forgot who he was) said that in shootouts at least this season he had "1 GOALS". Yes, I'm not kidding, it really said "1 GOALS".
For three days in January 2017 (15th, 16th, 19th), I managed to receive KDKA Pittsburgh from 202 miles away indoors!

My tropo station reception reports: https://www.rabbitears.info/dxlocation.php?id=403

User avatar
MWmetalhead
Site Admin
Posts: 3866
Joined: Sun Oct 31, 2004 11:23 am

Re: Then, there's this.....

Post by MWmetalhead » Sun Feb 19, 2017 8:56 am

The incessant advertising of WDIV's low rated morning show (I won't call it a newscast) during their 5:30p and 6:00p evening newscasts has reached nauseating proportions.

They can plug it all they want. The on-air talent stinks. Obnoxious Brandon + Mushmouth the traffic reporter who is incapable of reporting on more than 3 incidents in one segment. They will always be a failure in the ratings and will never get close to WJBK in the morning.
Radio station web sites that do not offer music logs or at least a "songs recently played" list are stupid.

NS8401
Posts: 6717
Joined: Fri Mar 05, 2010 9:06 pm

Re: Then, there's this.....

Post by NS8401 » Sun Feb 19, 2017 10:31 am

MWmetalhead wrote:The incessant advertising of WDIV's low rated morning show (I won't call it a newscast) during their 5:30p and 6:00p evening newscasts has reached nauseating proportions.

They can plug it all they want. The on-air talent stinks. Obnoxious Brandon + Mushmouth the traffic reporter who is incapable of reporting on more than 3 incidents in one segment. They will always be a failure in the ratings and will never get close to WJBK in the morning.
"For all the latest news watch 2 in the Morning, 7 at Noon and 4 in the Evening. The Truth is out there, they'll help you find it"... :lol

User avatar
BFSEsq
Posts: 110
Joined: Thu Jun 30, 2011 4:51 pm
Location: Ypsilanti
Contact:

Re: Then, there's this.....

Post by BFSEsq » Sun Feb 19, 2017 10:45 pm

MWmetalhead wrote:The incessant advertising of WDIV's low rated morning show (I won't call it a newscast) during their 5:30p and 6:00p evening newscasts has reached nauseating proportions.

They can plug it all they want. The on-air talent stinks. Obnoxious Brandon + Mushmouth the traffic reporter who is incapable of reporting on more than 3 incidents in one segment. They will always be a failure in the ratings and will never get close to WJBK in the morning.
Yeah, I've noticed Brandon Roux is just really awkward. Like, he sticks out. He isn't good at banter. He just seems like a weirdo. Also, my wife and I have a game where we like to note how many times he wears an obviously ill-fitting suit. You're on TV, dude.

jry
Posts: 1436
Joined: Sat Dec 04, 2004 8:14 am
Location: somewhere in the former boonies

Re: Then, there's this.....

Post by jry » Tue Feb 21, 2017 1:40 pm

When someone else on the set is talking, he doesn't really look at that person, he looks at the camera.
Is 2 really that much better?

NS8401
Posts: 6717
Joined: Fri Mar 05, 2010 9:06 pm

Re: Then, there's this.....

Post by NS8401 » Tue Feb 21, 2017 1:54 pm

jry wrote:When someone else on the set is talking, he doesn't really look at that person, he looks at the camera.
Is 2 really that much better?
No...

You could always watch 7...

User avatar
MWmetalhead
Site Admin
Posts: 3866
Joined: Sun Oct 31, 2004 11:23 am

Re: Then, there's this.....

Post by MWmetalhead » Wed Feb 22, 2017 12:45 pm

Brandon's forecast during the 12PM newscast today: "Hazy Sunshine."

Never mind the fact 30 seconds later he shows a satellite picture absolutely loaded with low & mid level clouds across most of lower Michigan, Indiana and Ohio. And then he shows a "futurecast" graphic showing 90%+ cloud cover through the daylight hours.
Radio station web sites that do not offer music logs or at least a "songs recently played" list are stupid.

jry
Posts: 1436
Joined: Sat Dec 04, 2004 8:14 am
Location: somewhere in the former boonies

Re: Then, there's this.....

Post by jry » Wed Feb 22, 2017 2:23 pm

NS, I watch 7 in the evening. I can't warm up to their morning 'cast. Plus, I don't like GMA.
5 and 6 PM? It's The Big Circle.

radiofan
Posts: 38
Joined: Sat May 23, 2015 8:31 pm

Re: Then, there's this.....

Post by radiofan » Wed Feb 22, 2017 10:31 pm

Not sure why anybody watches any of them. Not interesting. Not entertaining. Not informative. Old habits die hard?

jry
Posts: 1436
Joined: Sat Dec 04, 2004 8:14 am
Location: somewhere in the former boonies

Re: Then, there's this.....

Post by jry » Thu Feb 23, 2017 1:44 pm

We all love the blue glow on our faces.

User avatar
mtburb
Posts: 396
Joined: Sun Oct 18, 2015 12:28 pm
Location: Wyandotte

Re: Then, there's this.....

Post by mtburb » Fri Feb 24, 2017 4:07 pm

This is a quick story that involves Dave Rexroth and Ben Bailey with out-of-market assistance from Jay Scotland and Tom Skilling...

It began last night when I again simultaneously watched a WGN newscast stream and CBET's CBLT simulcast. Skilling had placed southeastern Michigan under a slight severe thunderstorm risk for today, while Scotland said snow was heading towards Michigan and Toronto for today. Afterwards, I quickly tuned to the tail end of 7's 11 PM where Rexroth used the exact same models Skilling was using.

Then a few minutes ago, I turned Local 4 on and Ben had now placed us under an "enhanced" risk (a level between slight and moderate). This has got to be interesting...
For three days in January 2017 (15th, 16th, 19th), I managed to receive KDKA Pittsburgh from 202 miles away indoors!

My tropo station reception reports: https://www.rabbitears.info/dxlocation.php?id=403

NS8401
Posts: 6717
Joined: Fri Mar 05, 2010 9:06 pm

Re: Then, there's this.....

Post by NS8401 » Fri Feb 24, 2017 5:02 pm

mtburb wrote:
Fri Feb 24, 2017 4:07 pm
This is a quick story that involves Dave Rexroth and Ben Bailey with out-of-market assistance from Jay Scotland and Tom Skilling...

It began last night when I again simultaneously watched a WGN newscast stream and CBET's CBLT simulcast. Skilling had placed southeastern Michigan under a slight severe thunderstorm risk for today, while Scotland said snow was heading towards Michigan and Toronto for today. Afterwards, I quickly tuned to the tail end of 7's 11 PM where Rexroth used the exact same models Skilling was using.

Then a few minutes ago, I turned Local 4 on and Ben had now placed us under an "enhanced" risk (a level between slight and moderate). This has got to be interesting...
Not sure where you are going here...

dm00n
Posts: 75
Joined: Tue Nov 06, 2007 2:51 am
Location: Metro Detroit

Re: Then, there's this.....

Post by dm00n » Tue Mar 07, 2017 6:07 pm

The other day WDIV led the newscast with the story that a drive through worker threw a slush at a customer.

Today they led with a story that someone who lives next to a cement plant has a dusty car.

If these are the most important stories at the moment, I guess we're doing pretty well!

sfpcc
Posts: 612
Joined: Thu Jan 11, 2007 3:05 pm

Re: Then, there's this.....

Post by sfpcc » Tue Mar 07, 2017 7:12 pm

On the news, (I'm not sure which station) they reported someone walked out of Lowe's with 500 dollars worth of tools, (or one tool worth 500 dollars.)

LouPerry
Posts: 640
Joined: Sun Nov 10, 2013 2:50 pm

Re: Then, there's this.....

Post by LouPerry » Tue Mar 07, 2017 8:02 pm

Frankly they have nothing to report other than murders.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 9 guests