Hello! Welcome to the Michigan Radio & TV Buzzboard. Please visit the newly created "Buzzboard v3.0 features" forum to view announcements as to recently installed new features, as well as to report any issues or share your opinions regarding recent site changes. All accepted new account registrations through 9-17-2017 at 1:30p ET have been activated. I apologize for the delay in activating new accounts.

(Note: hover your mouse pointer near the upper right corner of this box and click the "x" to close it.)

Then, there's this.....

Discussion pertaining to Detroit, Ann Arbor, Port Huron, and SW Ontario
NS8401

Re: Then, there's this.....

Post by NS8401 » Tue Jan 10, 2017 4:38 am

sfpcc wrote:Marvin Yagoda, owner of Marvin's Marvelous Mechanical Museum died a few days ago. The Channel 4 broadcast didn't mention how old he was, (78.)

(now I really want to go to that museum.)
It's absolutely fantastic. Id go before it closes or what not...

sfpcc

Post by sfpcc » Wed Jan 11, 2017 3:46 pm

[quote="NS8401"][quote="sfpcc"]Marvin Yagoda, owner of Marvin's Marvelous Mechanical Museum died a few days ago. The Channel 4 broadcast didn't mention how old he was, (78.)

(now I really want to go to that museum.)[/quote]
It's absolutely fantastic. Id go before it closes or what not...[/quote]

I actually went today after I dropped of my work. It's closed tomorrow in Mr Yagoda's memory. Those old novelty devices are really cool, especially the angel with the Brooklyn accent who has a flatuance problem. Even though I didn't play them the pinball machines were also a nice touch. I hope it's around long enough for my niece and nephew to visit.

SteveS

Post by SteveS » Sun Jan 15, 2017 9:23 am

This morning at 8:01 on 7 they showed the Seahawks/Falcons score as being in the 4th quarter. At least the later Texans/Patriots game was shown as a final score.

jry

Post by jry » Tue Jan 17, 2017 4:24 pm

WDIV... School closings in the 6 AM hour. They had the fancy side graphic or the more traditional data on the bottom of the screen. They alternated it. The data on the bottom was not alphabetically organized. You'd have a school district that starts with the letter T next to one with the letter A. It was all over the board and annoying.

kbg

Post by kbg » Tue Jan 17, 2017 6:55 pm

I don't even know why they give up so much real estate on the screen for school closings anymore. With social and phone calls, parents find out long before they turn on a TV or radio. It's outdated and unnecessary.

NS8401

Post by NS8401 » Tue Jan 17, 2017 7:21 pm

kbg wrote:I don't even know why they give up so much real estate on the screen for school closings anymore. With social and phone calls, parents find out long before they turn on a TV or radio. It's outdated and unnecessary.
That's if your district bothers with phone calls and such... I was halfway to work when a coworker called me. They cancelled at 545am... idiots.

jry

Post by jry » Wed Jan 18, 2017 1:08 pm

[quote="NS8401"][quote="kbg"]I don't even know why they give up so much real estate on the screen for school closings anymore. With social and phone calls, parents find out long before they turn on a TV or radio. It's outdated and unnecessary.[/quote]
That's if your district bothers with phone calls and such... I was halfway to work when a coworker called me. They cancelled at 545am... idiots.[/quote]
Yeah, it's pretty sloppy. We tend to hit WXYZs website when we need to know if our Granddaughters will have the day off.

SolarMax

Post by SolarMax » Thu Jan 19, 2017 10:25 pm

7 News on TV20 felt it Necessary and Important to show us Live Breaking News: live chopper footage of a car chase in El Monte, CA. Why? Who f*ing cares?

NS8401

Post by NS8401 » Thu Jan 19, 2017 11:12 pm

SolarMax wrote:7 News on TV20 felt it Necessary and Important to show us Live Breaking News: live chopper footage of a car chase in El Monte, CA. Why? Who f*ing cares?
Slow news day with an hour to fill... why not?

SolarMax

Post by SolarMax » Fri Jan 20, 2017 10:26 am

NS8401 wrote:
SolarMax wrote:7 News on TV20 felt it Necessary and Important to show us Live Breaking News: live chopper footage of a car chase in El Monte, CA. Why? Who f*ing cares?
Because, there's just a whole lot of stuff worthy of sixty seconds worth of mention that happens, oh, like, here.

NS8401

Post by NS8401 » Fri Jan 20, 2017 10:49 am

SolarMax wrote:
NS8401 wrote:
Because, there's just a whole lot of stuff worthy of sixty seconds worth of mention that happens, oh, like, here.
"Ma Frickert slaughters a cow... digitally compressed images at 11..."

jry

Post by jry » Wed Jan 25, 2017 2:19 pm

I held off on this, thinking that it was just some goof up, but it's been happening for days and days.

Okay, it's no surprise that the sun and "Mr. Blue Sky" no longer likes us, here, in SE Michigan. So, every morning Roux or whoever reports that it's cloudy, rainy, whatever and the chyron or graphic at the bottom of the screen shows pictures that depict a mostly sunny day. Dumb and annoying.
ALSO.... FCA is a major employer in the area. Certainly still one of our "Bit Three". They show everybody else's stock price but FCAs. What is up with that?

SolarMax

Post by SolarMax » Thu Jan 26, 2017 10:28 pm

Report on WDIV about an accident in Macomb County in which a county crew truck struck an overhead electrical line. Mr. Meloni and the Sheriff need to know the difference between one's being shocked, however severely, and being electrocuted.

Radiogoon

Post by Radiogoon » Fri Jan 27, 2017 6:39 am

SolarMax wrote:Report on WDIV about an accident in Macomb County in which a county crew truck struck an overhead electrical line. Mr. Meloni and the Sheriff need to know the difference between one's being shocked, however severely, and being electrocuted.
As long as the responding Medics know the difference, it's all good
"To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public." (Theodore Roosevelt, in 1918)

jry

Post by jry » Mon Jan 30, 2017 3:16 pm

[quote="SolarMax"]Report on WDIV about an accident in Macomb County in which a county crew truck struck an overhead electrical line. Mr. Meloni and the Sheriff need to know the difference between one's being shocked, however severely, and being electrocuted.[/quote]

Good point. Having been shocked, many times, thankful none of them electrocuted me.

jry

Post by jry » Tue Jan 31, 2017 2:51 pm

Still Sunny, all day, every day, on WDIV....

NS8401

Post by NS8401 » Tue Jan 31, 2017 3:30 pm

jry wrote:Still Sunny, all day, every day, on WDIV....
Can't you just see what rays of sunshine they all are? :lol

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Tue Jan 31, 2017 6:49 pm

jry wrote:Still Sunny, all day, every day, on WDIV....
I thought Elliot passed away?
~Repeal And Replace, Mitch Mcconnell.~

bjmcdevitt

Post by bjmcdevitt » Wed Feb 01, 2017 7:42 pm

That wacky crazy Bernie Smilovitz had a segment on tonight called "Fuzzy Math". He showed this clip of Alex Ovechkin being interviewed by Ilya Bryzgalov. Bryzgalov asks Ovechkin a math question - What is 2+2x2? Ovechkin answers 6, and Smilovitz made fun of him for it. Except, the answer is correct. Order of operation would have the multiplication done first, then the addition. 2+(2x2)
Saying a synonym for large = bad. Starting threads to attack other users = A-okay!

NS8401

Post by NS8401 » Wed Feb 01, 2017 8:07 pm

bjmcdevitt wrote:That wacky crazy Bernie Smilovitz had a segment on tonight called "Fuzzy Math". He showed this clip of Alex Ovechkin being interviewed by Ilya Bryzgalov. Bryzgalov asks Ovechkin a math question - What is 2+2x2? Ovechkin answers 6, and Smilovitz made fun of him for it. Except, the answer is correct. Order of operation would have the multiplication done first, then the addition. 2+(2x2)
Yeah written in simplified form that's 2+4... :lol

Loco 4 never ceases to amaze...

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic