Hello! Welcome to the Michigan Radio & TV Buzzboard. All accepted new account registrations through 12-09-2017 at 9:00a ET have been activated. I apologize for the delay in activating new accounts.

(Note: hover your mouse pointer near the upper right corner of this box and click the "x" to close it.)

Then, there's this.....

Discussion pertaining to Detroit, Ann Arbor, Port Huron, and SW Ontario
jry

Re: Then, there's this.....

Post by jry » Fri Nov 10, 2017 1:52 pm

You cannot accuse him of trading his divorce, though.

SteveS

Post by SteveS » Fri Nov 10, 2017 4:07 pm

Hey, have you heard the new Barry Sanders spot, endorsing that divorce attorney. He references his divorce with Loren. I didn't know that it was acrimonious. He infers that she initiated it. Interesting.
Barry was the plaintiff.

SolarMax

Post by SolarMax » Sun Nov 12, 2017 10:25 am

Any of our local newscasts could inflate this into at least a five minute segment-
http://www.gocomics.com/brevity/2017/11/12

SolarMax

Post by SolarMax » Wed Nov 15, 2017 10:13 pm

Well, well. It's Ten O'clock on Wednesday, and someone's trying to put a newscast on the air on WMYD. But it's just a big silent green screen of death, cutting in and out to black and an occasional still from an infomercial. Wait, now it's 10:03, and the show is finally under way. The screen side banner says "Lodge Accident," as a story runs about a wreck on I-696 and Telegraph (neither of which is "The Lodge"). They must be just so proud of WXYZ over at Scripps.

In The Bleachers

Post by In The Bleachers » Thu Nov 16, 2017 10:56 am

SolarMax wrote:
Wed Nov 15, 2017 10:13 pm
Well, well. It's Ten O'clock on Wednesday, and someone's trying to put a newscast on the air on WMYD. But it's just a big silent green screen of death, cutting in and out to black and an occasional still from an infomercial. Wait, now it's 10:03, and the show is finally under way. The screen side banner says "Lodge Accident," as a story runs about a wreck on I-696 and Telegraph (neither of which is "The Lodge"). They must be just so proud of WXYZ over at Scripps.
I'd like to ask "Why be live?".

Me personally, I wouldn't notice if the newscast was on a delay. I'm not going to notice if it didn't show LIVE in the corner of the screen when a street reporter is at the scene of a fire or accident. Seems lately that Broadcast House has been having more and more technical difficulties lately. Being on a tape delay may reduce the gaffes before they make it on air. I'm certain viewers would not notice.

I recognize a few people on this board would have a fit, and carry on like it's a major crime. But would it really be a big deal to Joe Viewer?

sfpcc

Post by sfpcc » Tue Nov 21, 2017 6:22 pm

On channel 4 they had a report on the resignation of Zimbabwe's leader Robert Mugabe. They said he's 97, actually he's 93.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Tue Nov 21, 2017 8:06 pm

Wow - that's really bad considering the mixing bowl interchange is only a little more than a mile from the TV station!
C'mon iHeartRadio - do the RIGHT thing for once! Please cancel "Rover's Morning Glory" from WBFX in Grand Rapids.

mtburb

Post by mtburb » Wed Nov 22, 2017 12:21 am

MWmetalhead wrote:
Tue Nov 21, 2017 8:06 pm
Wow - that's really bad considering the mixing bowl interchange is only a little more than a mile from the TV station!
Not to mention that it's literally visible right out the windows of that mid-rise office building that WMYD was based out of pre-Scripps (are they still based in that tower today?).
For three days in January 2017 (15th, 16th, 19th) and one night in September 2017 (22nd), I managed to receive KDKA Pittsburgh from 202 miles away indoors!

My tropo station reception reports: https://www.rabbitears.info/dxlocation.php?id=403

NS8401

Post by NS8401 » Wed Nov 22, 2017 1:02 am

mtburb wrote:
Wed Nov 22, 2017 12:21 am
MWmetalhead wrote:
Tue Nov 21, 2017 8:06 pm
Not to mention that it's literally visible right out the windows of that mid-rise office building that WMYD was based out of pre-Scripps (are they still based in that tower today?).
All of 20’s operations are at Broadcast House if I remember right...

mtburb

Post by mtburb » Sun Dec 10, 2017 11:07 am

Starting off the NFL Kickoff a few minutes ago, there was absolutely no dialogue at all, though you can still see the hosts mouthing words. The music remained fully intact.
For three days in January 2017 (15th, 16th, 19th) and one night in September 2017 (22nd), I managed to receive KDKA Pittsburgh from 202 miles away indoors!

My tropo station reception reports: https://www.rabbitears.info/dxlocation.php?id=403

jry

Post by jry » Wed Dec 13, 2017 2:28 pm

[quote=mtburb post_id=566075 time=1512922036 user_id=13667]
Starting off the NFL Kickoff a few minutes ago, there was absolutely no dialogue at all, though you can still see the hosts mouthing words. The music remained fully intact.
[/quote]

Sometimes that is the best way to watch them.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic