Welcome to the Buzzboard! By viewing or posting any content on this site, you are agreeing to the TERMS OF USE! So, please take a moment to read them if this is your first visit or have not done so in a while. All accepted registrations through Monday, March 31 at 8:30p ET have been activated.  

It is currently Sat Apr 19, 2014 6:56 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2013 6:58 pm 

I like 105's coverage of the post Lions game. They have some great guests and good conversation. I has going back between 105 and 97.1 and each time I went to 97.1 they were jammed pack with commercials. They must cram a lot of their advertisers in post game? It's good to hear Herman Moore on the air too. I like his insight.
105.1's doing a decent job. Dery's doing a great job too. I think The Ticket has reason to be worried.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2013 9:45 pm 

I happened to have 97.1 on after the game and to lead in Jamie asked Dennis if he'd seen Stafford's numbers for the game. Dennis quickly replied " yea pretty good". I wonder if this guy knows anything about sports?
I sometimes wonder if being the Lions station slant's their views.
J.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2013 11:12 pm 

jsf wrote:
I happened to have 97.1
I sometimes wonder if being the Lions station slant's their views.
J.

I would think it does. If they don't talk nice about the team in game and post game, I'm sure they hear about it from the team. That contract is worth a lot of money to the station.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2013 11:55 pm 

Tony Ortiz is the biggest Lions ass kisser around. He defended Millen until the end.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 9:24 am 

*jam packed

Tony Ortiz is one of the nicest people I've met on this planet. I don't find him to be so much of a homer but he doesn't go out of his way to rage on and back the team.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 11:01 am 

FAN wrote:
Tony Ortiz is one of the nicest people I've met on this planet.

I've never met the guy, probably never will. But on the radio he sounds like the kind of guy I would like to pal around with.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 4:02 pm 
Site Admin

Quote:
Tony Ortiz is the biggest Lions ass kisser around. He defended Millen until the end.

I remember that like it was yesterday. I even remember Valenti sparring with Tony on the air because of his ridiculous defense of Millen (i.e. "he should be given a chance to fix what's broken." The problem -- Ortiz uttered that idiotic viewpoint in year #7 of the Millen regime! :lol: )

I will say he does a good job in his current role and is a solid sideline reporter.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 5:40 pm 

MWmetalhead wrote:
Quote:

I will say he does a good job in his current role and is a solid sideline reporter.

He's definitely improved throughout the years. His early years of sports reporting were horrible.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2013 9:17 pm 

I don't mind Samuelson and Fifthian. But, what do I care what they think.

Herman Moore really gives some great proffessional insight to make the 105.1 show better. Tom Maz' is a good update guy and a good foil on Dery's show, but I could see somebody else hosting 105's Lions postgame show.

I get the impression that 105.1 is going to make a push for Pistons play-by-play.
Did I hear right that WXYT dumped a game last week down to live streaming only?

PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2013 9:57 pm 
Site Admin

I doubt that last point is true; the Pistons often bump the Red Wings from 97.1.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2013 10:11 pm 

MWmetalhead wrote:
I doubt that last point is true; the Pistons often bump the Red Wings from 97.1.

If I'm not mistaken, Pistons buy their time so they can sell their own sponsors into their radio and TV broadcasts. That's why they bump Wings, the station gets paid to air the games.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2013 9:08 am 

I noticed after the disaster with the Buc's that after the game on 97.1 all the replays with Dan Miller voice were only the good play's that the Lions did. How's that for cozing up to the Lions. The Lions have a couple of good players and that's it,not going anywhere.
J.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2013 10:04 pm 
Site Admin

Good point -- I noticed the same thing with regard to the post-game highlights.

Where's Art Regner when you need him? Or Sean Baligian?

Jamie & Dennis refused to accept that what we are witnessing before our eyes is the SAME OLD LIONS. A couple of the counterarguments Jamie made yesterday were downright pitiful.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2013 1:31 am 

MWmetalhead wrote:
Good point -- I noticed the same thing with regard to the post-game highlights.

Where's Art Regner when you need him? Or Sean Baligian?

Jamie & Dennis refused to accept that what we are witnessing before our eyes is the SAME OLD LIONS. A couple of the counterarguments Jamie made yesterday were downright pitiful.

Some of the events in the past two games were simply tragic. I think the curse of Bobby Lane didn't expire after 50 years, it seems as alive as ever. I think it's toying with our hopes this year just a bit...6-3.... No wait.... 6-5 and on a sinking ship. In other words SOL same old lions.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2013 8:12 am 
Site Admin

The Lions have yet to defeat a good team this year. The Cowboys and Bears are mediocre at best.

I look forward to Jim Schwartz being shitcanned.