Hello! Welcome to the Michigan Radio & TV Buzzboard. Please visit the newly created "Buzzboard v3.0 features" forum to view announcements as to recently installed new features, as well as to report any issues or share your opinions regarding recent site changes. All accepted new account registrations through 10-07-2017 at 9:30a ET have been activated. I apologize for the delay in activating new accounts.

(Note: hover your mouse pointer near the upper right corner of this box and click the "x" to close it.)

Ron Cameron In One Word:

Discussion pertaining to Detroit, Ann Arbor, Port Huron, and SW Ontario
DeltaDawn

Ron Cameron In One Word:

Post by DeltaDawn » Wed Sep 18, 2013 5:36 pm

Pathetic.

Does he still have his "show" on WDFN Sundays? This is a "sports" program where 90% of his monologue is him reading off his sponsors (and not well BTW). He may as well read the Yellow Pages on the air after drinking a Red Bull and a 40 oz PBR.

Also, does he still have the show with Denny M. on WADL?

I admit I'm biased against him. I've actually met and spoken with him. What a $@#!

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Re: Ron Cameron In One Word:

Post by MWmetalhead » Wed Sep 18, 2013 6:53 pm

He's on a throwaway station with an almost non-existent audience. What's the big deal?
C'mon iHeartRadio - do the RIGHT thing for once! Please cancel "Rover's Morning Glory" from WBFX in Grand Rapids.

DeltaDawn

Post by DeltaDawn » Wed Sep 18, 2013 7:03 pm

"What's the big deal?"

Depends on how you define "big deal."

On the one hand, nothing on this board is a "big deal" since we're mainly killing time talking about radio and TV. On the other hand, in the context of thousands of no "big deals" on this site, Ron Cameron is a joke and I was expressing my opinion. So, what is your point?

Also, I did state that I was "biased" because I have met this sad "media person."

poppyseed55

Post by poppyseed55 » Wed Sep 18, 2013 7:08 pm

Hoss:

As he is just like John "the Hoss" Perry who does a show Saturday Mornings on WTKG in Grand Rapids.

ftballfan

Post by ftballfan » Wed Sep 18, 2013 8:03 pm

DeltaDawn wrote:Pathetic.

Does he still have his "show" on WDFN Sundays? This is a "sports" program where 90% of his monologue is him reading off his sponsors (and not well BTW). He may as well read the Yellow Pages on the air after drinking a Red Bull and a 40 oz PBR.

Also, does he still have the show with Denny M. on WADL?

I admit I'm biased against him. I've actually met and spoken with him. What a $@#!
How does he compare to the guy on WBBL?

The Constant Browser

Post by The Constant Browser » Thu Sep 19, 2013 1:13 am

Has anyone actually paid him to be on the radio, in the last 30 years?

joe60

Post by joe60 » Thu Sep 19, 2013 12:03 pm

DeltaDawn wrote:"What's the big deal?"

Depends on how you define "big deal."

On the one hand, nothing on this board is a "big deal" since we're mainly killing time talking about radio and TV. On the other hand, in the context of thousands of no "big deals" on this site, Ron Cameron is a joke and I was expressing my opinion. So, what is your point?

Also, I did state that I was "biased" because I have met this sad "media person."

So what made this deserve a new discussion? He has been around forever. I think you have personal issues with him

FatHalpert

Post by FatHalpert » Thu Sep 19, 2013 1:00 pm

I like his show. When he's on opposite the Lions I'll listen to him over the radio call. I enjoy him reading copy live over the air. Do I tune in religiously? No.

I can't speak for him as a person.

hereornot

Post by hereornot » Thu Sep 19, 2013 5:38 pm

To my knowledge, he no longer has the WADL show.

He was on WDFN just last Sunday around noon. Show is still the same.

jry

Post by jry » Fri Sep 20, 2013 6:22 pm

Slob....

Hack...

Classless.

Smirnoff

Post by Smirnoff » Mon Sep 23, 2013 10:05 am

At least he doesn't try to convince listeners how great a steamy pile smells.....like most of the other yes-men.

jry

Post by jry » Mon Sep 23, 2013 7:25 pm

Huh? How to get a steamy pile smells?

DeltaDawn

Post by DeltaDawn » Wed Sep 25, 2013 7:16 pm

Joe: "I think you have personal issues with him."

To meet Ron C. is to have personal issues with him. He's an arrogant, has-been jackass blowhard. This is what I thought of him BEFORE hearing his show. When I first met him I had no idea who he was or what he did. After hearing his show, I laughed and scoffed at him - thinking: How in the world is this buffoon allowed on the air? The word Pathetic kept coming to mind...so part of me actually felt sorry for him. He looks AND sounds like he is one breath away from being homeless.

DeltaDawn

Post by DeltaDawn » Wed Sep 25, 2013 7:18 pm

Slob....

Hack...

Classless.

jry - thank you. Well put. Sums Ron C. up very nicely.

SoupySez

Post by SoupySez » Wed Sep 25, 2013 7:51 pm

I used to like listening to Cameron years ago on the radio and used to watch the tv show he did with Bob Page. One day I was in Wonderland Mall with one of my sons and we spotted him walking through the mall passing out that sports paper he used to publish. Went up and talked with him for a few minutes, took one of the papers and he asked me to buy a subscription. I said I would think about it, few days later I did. Sent the check in and never heard anything else. Found out he quit putting it out because he was moving to another part of the country. Tried calling the number for the paper and got nothing. Don't remember what the price was, maybe $15 bucks for a year. Never liked the guy after that.

DeltaDawn

Post by DeltaDawn » Wed Sep 25, 2013 7:55 pm

Soupy,

Add con-artist to the list. What a scum bag.

You should call his show and bring this issue up. See how far you get before they dump you.

jsf

Post by jsf » Thu Sep 26, 2013 11:04 am

Cameron has been doing his sthick since the 70's, back then he relyed on his minor leaque umpiring to give creadence to his takes.
J.

DeltaDawn

Post by DeltaDawn » Mon Oct 07, 2013 8:45 pm

Ok, I know nobody cares to hear any more Ron Cameron rips. But, it just dawned on me today that he kind of reminds me of 1980s TV puppet: Alf. Except Alf was funny.

Fidem Scit

Post by Fidem Scit » Tue Oct 08, 2013 9:59 am

jry

Post by jry » Tue Oct 08, 2013 5:53 pm

Wow, what a find. Back when Cameron was just so/so. Can you imagine anyone spending a dime of precious promotion money on that clown? Could you imagine him donning that getup, today? SF... super flabby.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic