Acceptable registrations in the queue through May 12 at 7:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Ron Cameron

Discussion pertaining to Detroit, Ann Arbor, Port Huron, and SW Ontario
Bobbert

Re: Ron Cameron

Post by Bobbert » Sun Dec 31, 2023 8:54 am

radiofan1974 wrote:
Sat Dec 30, 2023 4:01 pm
Great recap Bobbert

My answer will differ as I will go with favorite interview. Frank Garza, very informative especially for a person like me that’s not a big boxing fan

He was very informative

Coming in second when Ron got his faunkners mixed
Up and had Trish instead of Roger
I agree on Frank. Every time he is on, he comes across as the polar opposite of Ron, in how he applies himself to his work and cultivates contacts.

Bobbert

Post by Bobbert » Sun Dec 31, 2023 9:06 am

Two other highlights of the year:
  • The day a tape loop hijacked the program, resulting in the mesmerizing mantra "Where's the defense?"
https://mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/viewtopi ... 65#p748312
  • Majik's epic parody "Dunce In A Lifetime," which touches on many aspects of Ron's career.
https://mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/viewtopi ... 25#p747568

Bobbert

Post by Bobbert » Sun Dec 31, 2023 9:08 am

Kidcat wrote:
Sat Dec 30, 2023 11:14 pm
Bobbert wrote:
Sat Dec 30, 2023 2:02 pm
A Cameron Chronology for 2023

January 1: Interview with Jimmy Devellano
January 8: Interview with Rich Kincaide
January 15: Interview with Kevin Allen
January 22: Interview with Jake Wood
January 28: Interview with Tom Gage
January 29: Interview with Alex Alway

February 5: Interview with Ray Scott
February 18: Interview with Denny McLain
February 19: Interview with Ike Blessit
February 25: Interview with Ted Kulfan

March 4: Interview with Terry Foster
March 5: Interview with Rich Kincaide (2)
March 11: Interview with Bruce Fields
March 25: Interview with Lance Parrish
March 26: Interview with Les Cain

April 1: Interview with Ken Holland
April 2: Interview with George Sipple
April 8: Interview with Denny McLain (2)
April 9: Interview with Paul Woods
April 16: Interview with Steve McCatty
April 22: Interview with Ray Scott (2)
April 23: Interview with Fred Heumann

April 30: Interview with Jake Wood (2). During the show, Ron uses a racial slur in a quotation (https://mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/viewtopi ... 35#p737973). One day later, his WDTK producer, Luke Hammett, announces the end of Ron's career at WDTK (https://mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/viewtopi ... 25#p738148).

May 13: Ron resumes his radio career on WPON, where he re-joins producer Martin Anthony (https://mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/viewtopi ... 30#p739802).

May 13: Interview with Kevin Allen (2)
May 14: Interview with Denny McLain (3)
May 21: Interview with Ray Scott (3)
May 27: Interview with George Blaha
May 28: Interview with Mike Hartman

June 2: Interview with Nick Libett
June 4: Interview with Rich Kincaide (3)
June 11: Interview with Jon Warden
June 16: Interview with Jerry Lewis

July 7: Interview with Jimmy Devellano (2)
July 9: Interview with Art Regner
July 14: Interview with Trish Faulkner
July 16: Interview with Paul Woods (2)
July 28: Interview with Denny McLain (4)
July 30: Interview with Ray Scott (4)

August 6: Interview with Terry Foster (2)
August 13: Interview with Jake Wood (3)
August 20: Interview with Ted Kulfan (2)

September 3: Interview with Frank Garza
September 17: Interview with Ray Scott (5)
September 24: Interview with Denny McLain (5)

October 1: Interview with Kevin Allen (3)
October 8: Interview with Paul Woods (3)
October 27: Interview with Denny McLain (6)

November 5: Ron's last show before knee surgery.
November 9: Ron's long-delayed knee surgery.
December 22: Ron's first show after knee surgery.

December 22: Interview with Ray Scott (6)
December 29: Interview with Denny McLain (7)

In other news:
  • Two of Ron's least favorite Detroit Tiger personalities departed the scene. Radio broadcaster Jim Price died and designated hitter Miguel Cabrera (AKA Combero) retired. But their role as Ron's lightning rod for his frustrations with the Detroit Tigers was quickly filled by President of Baseball Operations Scott Harris.
  • The Ron Cameron thread of the Michigan Radio and TV Buzzboard celebrated its 10th birthday, with its most active year ever, increasing its page count from 799 to almost 1700 at year's end. It blasted through milestones that will probably never be reached again in Buzzboard history, including 1 million views; 25,000 replies; and 1500 pages. It even maintained its pace as one of the most active threads on the Buzzboard during two extended radio absences by Ron.

What memories do you have of Sportstalk with Ron Cameron in 2023?
My favourite memories are my fights with Martin.Me posting on this thread .Martin responding by posting as Ron on twitter.
Yes, that was quite a flareup in October. We can take pride in the fact that we successfully fought off several attacks this past year, from different sources.

Bobbert

Post by Bobbert » Sun Dec 31, 2023 9:14 am

Momo wrote:
Sat Dec 30, 2023 2:58 pm
Great 'Year in Review' recap, Bobbert! It's interesting to contrast all the work you've put into this thread with that of Ron's, ahem, minimalist approach to his own show.

Denny just edging out Ray for most guest appearances in '23. Rich Kincaide's last (& final?) appearance was way back on June 4, yet he still tied with Kevin Allen & the Wood(s) Boyz for next most appearances (3). Little did we realize that Alex's January 29 interview would be his swan song. And I'm surprised that - although his ex made the list - the once third most powerful man in soccer never appeared this year. Same with Ken Holland who, surprisingly, would still came on the show even after he left the Wings.

Other than my personal audience with The Great One near the end of the record-breaking '23, my greatest memories were the slur heard 'round the world & Ron being caught unaware the one day his show went syndicated internationally.
Thanks. Skimming through the year left several general impressions:
  • A gradual downturn in Ron's mood after Labor Day. His future probably depends on his ability to team up with other people, and not be a one-man show, but I'll believe it when I see it.
  • The endless creativity of everyone in this thread. In 2024, I hope our Buzzboard critics learn to see us as a template for a successful thread, with our different ways of commenting on its subject.

Rm04111234

Re: The Ron Cameron Adoration Society

Post by Rm04111234 » Sun Dec 31, 2023 9:50 am

Momo wrote:
Sat Dec 30, 2023 1:03 pm
Round Six wrote:
Sat Dec 30, 2023 12:40 pm
So does anyone who frequents this never ending stream of reverence for All Things Ron ever call in to the show?
I think y'all should set up an event. I kid you not. Coordinate a Call-A-Thon. All kidding aside.
Rm04111234, who tracks Al Avila's whereabouts, is also a caller (although he's not been heard from since Ron's return last week; I truly hope he's okay). As was I, some years ago, before being unceremoniously issued a lifetime ban.

I like your idea, Round Six. When Ron's old 9-11 morning show drew even fewer calls than now & he had no access to emails, thus resulting in his reliance on "insurance callers," I tried then to enlist co-workers to call en masse. With each telling Ron how he was their idol, how much they admired him. Alas, my efforts fell flat.
Hello Momo - I'm doing fine, just busy over this holiday season leaving little room for the Belleville Denny's updates which Ron is clueless about! Happy New Year to the Buzzboard crew!

Momo

Re: The Ron Cameron Adoration Society

Post by Momo » Sun Dec 31, 2023 10:22 am

Rm04111234 wrote:
Sun Dec 31, 2023 9:50 am
Momo wrote:
Round Six wrote:
So does anyone who frequents this never ending stream of reverence for All Things Ron ever call in to the show?
I think y'all should set up an event. I kid you not. Coordinate a Call-A-Thon. All kidding aside.
Rm04111234, who tracks Al Avila's whereabouts, is also a caller (although he's not been heard from since Ron's return last week; I truly hope he's okay). As was I, some years ago, before being unceremoniously issued a lifetime ban.

I like your idea, Round Six. When Ron's old 9-11 morning show drew even fewer calls than now & he had no access to emails, thus resulting in his reliance on "insurance callers," I tried then to enlist co-workers to call en masse. With each telling Ron how he was their idol, how much they admired him. Alas, my efforts fell flat.
Hello Momo - I'm doing fine, just busy over this holiday season leaving little room for the Belleville Denny's updates which Ron is clueless about! Happy New Year to the Buzzboard crew!
Greetings & happy to hear you're well. Hope the same is true for Mr. Transistor, who's been missing from these pages for too long.

Kidcat

Post by Kidcat » Sun Dec 31, 2023 10:26 am

Bobbert wrote:
Sun Dec 31, 2023 9:08 am
Kidcat wrote:
Sat Dec 30, 2023 11:14 pm
Bobbert wrote:
Sat Dec 30, 2023 2:02 pm
A Cameron Chronology for 2023

January 1: Interview with Jimmy Devellano
January 8: Interview with Rich Kincaide
January 15: Interview with Kevin Allen
January 22: Interview with Jake Wood
January 28: Interview with Tom Gage
January 29: Interview with Alex Alway

February 5: Interview with Ray Scott
February 18: Interview with Denny McLain
February 19: Interview with Ike Blessit
February 25: Interview with Ted Kulfan

March 4: Interview with Terry Foster
March 5: Interview with Rich Kincaide (2)
March 11: Interview with Bruce Fields
March 25: Interview with Lance Parrish
March 26: Interview with Les Cain

April 1: Interview with Ken Holland
April 2: Interview with George Sipple
April 8: Interview with Denny McLain (2)
April 9: Interview with Paul Woods
April 16: Interview with Steve McCatty
April 22: Interview with Ray Scott (2)
April 23: Interview with Fred Heumann

April 30: Interview with Jake Wood (2). During the show, Ron uses a racial slur in a quotation (https://mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/viewtopi ... 35#p737973). One day later, his WDTK producer, Luke Hammett, announces the end of Ron's career at WDTK (https://mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/viewtopi ... 25#p738148).

May 13: Ron resumes his radio career on WPON, where he re-joins producer Martin Anthony (https://mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/viewtopi ... 30#p739802).

May 13: Interview with Kevin Allen (2)
May 14: Interview with Denny McLain (3)
May 21: Interview with Ray Scott (3)
May 27: Interview with George Blaha
May 28: Interview with Mike Hartman

June 2: Interview with Nick Libett
June 4: Interview with Rich Kincaide (3)
June 11: Interview with Jon Warden
June 16: Interview with Jerry Lewis

July 7: Interview with Jimmy Devellano (2)
July 9: Interview with Art Regner
July 14: Interview with Trish Faulkner
July 16: Interview with Paul Woods (2)
July 28: Interview with Denny McLain (4)
July 30: Interview with Ray Scott (4)

August 6: Interview with Terry Foster (2)
August 13: Interview with Jake Wood (3)
August 20: Interview with Ted Kulfan (2)

September 3: Interview with Frank Garza
September 17: Interview with Ray Scott (5)
September 24: Interview with Denny McLain (5)

October 1: Interview with Kevin Allen (3)
October 8: Interview with Paul Woods (3)
October 27: Interview with Denny McLain (6)

November 5: Ron's last show before knee surgery.
November 9: Ron's long-delayed knee surgery.
December 22: Ron's first show after knee surgery.

December 22: Interview with Ray Scott (6)
December 29: Interview with Denny McLain (7)

In other news:
  • Two of Ron's least favorite Detroit Tiger personalities departed the scene. Radio broadcaster Jim Price died and designated hitter Miguel Cabrera (AKA Combero) retired. But their role as Ron's lightning rod for his frustrations with the Detroit Tigers was quickly filled by President of Baseball Operations Scott Harris.
  • The Ron Cameron thread of the Michigan Radio and TV Buzzboard celebrated its 10th birthday, with its most active year ever, increasing its page count from 799 to almost 1700 at year's end. It blasted through milestones that will probably never be reached again in Buzzboard history, including 1 million views; 25,000 replies; and 1500 pages. It even maintained its pace as one of the most active threads on the Buzzboard during two extended radio absences by Ron.

What memories do you have of Sportstalk with Ron Cameron in 2023?
My favourite memories are my fights with Martin.Me posting on this thread .Martin responding by posting as Ron on twitter.
Yes, that was quite a flareup in October. We can take pride in the fact that we successfully fought off several attacks this past year, from different sources.
With this thread being so popular.I am sure we will see more attacks in 2024.From what I have seen so far.I don't think we have anything to worry about.Happy New Year

Majik

Post by Majik » Sun Dec 31, 2023 10:34 am

Bobbert wrote:
Sun Dec 31, 2023 9:06 am
Two other highlights of the year:
  • The day a tape loop hijacked the program, resulting in the mesmerizing mantra "Where's the defense?"
https://mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/viewtopi ... 65#p748312
  • Majik's epic parody "Dunce In A Lifetime," which touches on many aspects of Ron's career.
https://mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/viewtopi ... 25#p747568
Thanks Bobbert, your work here was an inspiration to me. Sports Talk with Ron Cameron Staring Ron Cameron is the MacGuffin that brings all of us usual suspects together here for some great interaction and amusement. Even the under bridge dwellers can’t resist.

Majik

Post by Majik » Sun Dec 31, 2023 10:42 am

Kidcat wrote:
Sun Dec 31, 2023 10:26 am

With this thread being so popular.I am sure we will see more attacks in 2024.From what I have seen so far.I don't think we have anything to worry about.Happy New Year
What doesn’t kill us keeps us from dying, in the parlance of Cameron.

radiofan1974

Post by radiofan1974 » Sun Dec 31, 2023 11:02 am

Bummer there is no Sunday show, would love to hear Ron’s perspective on how the refs got it right last night for the lions game

Majik

Post by Majik » Sun Dec 31, 2023 11:18 am

radiofan1974 wrote:
Sun Dec 31, 2023 11:02 am
Bummer there is no Sunday show, would love to hear Ron’s perspective on how the refs got it right last night for the lions game
I am sure Ron would say they did nothing wrong. They are never wrong

Momo

Post by Momo » Mon Jan 01, 2024 8:46 pm

If not for its cupcake schedule, Michigan wouldn't have needed overtime to eke out a win.

radiofan1974

Post by radiofan1974 » Mon Jan 01, 2024 9:02 pm

Momo wrote:
Mon Jan 01, 2024 8:46 pm
If not for its cupcake schedule, Michigan wouldn't have needed overtime to eke out a win.
Since this game was played in California and not Alabama Ron would not acknowledge this was a away game for Michigan, thus this is the reason Michigan won

radiofan1974

Post by radiofan1974 » Mon Jan 01, 2024 9:03 pm

That “cupcake” schedule backfired on Michigan for sure…..

Mr.Transistor

Post by Mr.Transistor » Tue Jan 02, 2024 1:41 pm

Momo wrote:
Sun Dec 31, 2023 10:22 am
Rm04111234 wrote:
Sun Dec 31, 2023 9:50 am
Momo wrote:
Round Six wrote:

Greetings & happy to hear you're well. Hope the same is true for Mr. Transistor, who's been missing from these pages for too long.
Greetings Momo and a Happy New Year to you and the rest of the thread. I have to admit I've grown tired of Ron's shtick and his outlandish-irresponsible takes. It's always been a runaway train kind of show and we've all been waiting to hear it burn to the ground. At this juncture it's been an extremely slow burn. I am not a fanboy of Jim Price but for Scoop to speak extremely ill of Mr. Price after his passing was a line that was crossed with me. Ron reminds me of Ebeneezer Scrooge minus the supposed wealth that Ebeneezer had amassed. On Friday's show I will assume Ron will defend the referee in the Lions game for the messed up call on Saturday and somehow no credit given to Harbaugh and the U-M football team for their win over Alabama. He first said Penn St. was going to beat them and that OSU would crush them, none of that of course happened and he will never given them any credit or own up to his clouded thinking. In his head, it's the meals that he is owed and the fact Ron thinks Harbaugh passed him a phoney phone number in his yearning to get Harbaugh on his show which shapes his thinking. We all know how unorganized Scoop is as he has a long history of guests not "showing up" due to his lack of organization and discipline and losing phone numbers due to the maids and what nots. Just don't forget Ron is no homer unless you come on his show or grease his palm with a phone number and it was never short order cook Al Avila's fault for the Tigers not being very good, in his mind of course. This guy is just a miserable old man that I can no longer listen to.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic