I've gotten slow & sloppy in activating new accounts lately; sorry about that! All new acct registrations in the queue as of 9/23 at 7:15a ET have been activated. Want to share your favorite Buzzboard posts with your social media page readers? Now, there's an easy way to do it! Visit this page for instructions: viewtopic.php?f=39&t=47643

(Note: hover your mouse pointer near the upper right corner of this box and click the "x" to close it.)

Another Channel 7 Goof

Discussion pertaining to Detroit, Ann Arbor, Port Huron, and SW Ontario
jsf

Another Channel 7 Goof

Post by jsf » Tue Sep 11, 2018 1:47 pm

7's website is saying the "Summer Place" Mall in Waterford is going to be torn down. Is anybody at the helm.
J.

Trophyhead

Re: Another Channel 7 Goof

Post by Trophyhead » Tue Sep 11, 2018 2:10 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rt7SPm7N6D8

Isn't this the song that Greg Marmalard was "getting the grip" to in "Animal House?"

That's the kind of thing that can break a web editor's concentration.

In The Bleachers

And a TV20 goof to boot

Post by In The Bleachers » Wed Sep 12, 2018 11:42 pm

I'm sure CJ will chime in a rebuttal on this little whine I have:
We are now in September. Ever since April, when TV20 at 10pm (and I don't know if it's the same on 7) shows a Tiger highlight, the box score in the lower right hand corner is covered by the TV20 logo. Now I can understand if it was the beginning of the season. And they caught and got rid of it in a couple of weeks. But we are now 5 months into showing Tiger highlights, and no one in the control room has enough gray matter between their eyes to remove the corner banner during a Tiger highlight? Broadcast House needs good help. I see so many wah's about the Ten Mile Toddlers that could be abated or eliminated if they hired someone who's sole job is to watch the over-the-air signal.

Nothing will change until ALL incumbents are voted out of office.

NS8401

Re: And a TV20 goof to boot

Post by NS8401 » Thu Sep 13, 2018 12:22 am

In The Bleachers wrote:
Wed Sep 12, 2018 11:42 pm
We are now in September. Ever since April, when TV20 at 10pm (and I don't know if it's the same on 7) shows a Tiger highlight, the box score in the lower right hand corner is covered by the TV20 logo. Now I can understand if it was the beginning of the season. And they caught and got rid of it in a couple of weeks. But we are now 5 months into showing Tiger highlights, and no one in the control room has enough gray matter between their eyes to remove the corner banner during a Tiger highlight? Broadcast House needs good help. I see so many wah's about the Ten Mile Toddlers that could be abated or eliminated if they hired someone who's sole job is to watch the over-the-air signal.
The bug is controlled from Indianapolis... getting a guy monitoring multiple stations at once to drop the bug remotely isn’t so easy... it should be automatic really...

Herm

Post by Herm » Thu Sep 13, 2018 8:12 am

Can you please give us an example of a station dropping it’s bug for specific stories on a regular basis.

Herm

Post by Herm » Thu Sep 13, 2018 8:15 am

Would you also like them to drop the bug during weather so you can see what the current conditions are in Wallaceburg, ON?

NS8401

Post by NS8401 » Thu Sep 13, 2018 10:22 am

Herm wrote:
Thu Sep 13, 2018 8:15 am
Would you also like them to drop the bug during weather so you can see what the current conditions are in Wallaceburg, ON?
WLS drops it’s bug for weather and sports... many stations do this...

FET-500

Post by FET-500 » Fri Sep 14, 2018 7:46 am

NS8401 wrote:
Thu Sep 13, 2018 12:22 am
In The Bleachers wrote:
Wed Sep 12, 2018 11:42 pm
The bug is controlled from Indianapolis... getting a guy monitoring multiple stations at once to drop the bug remotely isn’t so easy... it should be automatic really...
Indy huh? I have some serious hate for the "engineers" involved with these logo bugs. The "Circle 7" logo was burnt into my old Hitachi plasma in at least three places. That was a $6,000.00 display.

SolarMax

Post by SolarMax » Fri Sep 14, 2018 10:56 am

FET-500 wrote:
Fri Sep 14, 2018 7:46 am
Indy huh? I have some serious hate for the "engineers" involved with these logo bugs. The "Circle 7" logo was burnt into my old Hitachi plasma in at least three places. That was a $6,000.00 display.
Your serious hate should be directed at the "engineers" responsible for permitting burn-in to occur on that $6000.00 (seriously??) display!

JackAttack FM

Post by JackAttack FM » Fri Sep 14, 2018 10:57 pm

Right... Channel 7 should adjust its entire on screen graphics format to accommodate all the score boxes from every broadcaster with a score box.

If you want to see that Fox box then watch Fox Sports.

I remember the complaints about burned in Circle Seven bugs on those early plasmas. My vet even complained to me about it on his screen.
I had little sympathy for men who had too much money to burn complain about what a TV station "did" to their overpriced piece of Taiwanese produced crap.

The bug actually spun for awhile to avoid this. It looked like a gas station sign and eventually somebody got wise and dumped it.

When a new bug was introduced I remember one operations manager jokingly say something like, "We're gonna burn in a whole new generation of plasmas."
7's website is saying the "Summer Place" Mall in Waterford is going to be torn down. Is anybody at the helm. J.
Fits right in with every other incorrect piece of info on the intetnet... including missing question marks.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic