All new acct registrations in the queue as of 10/18 at 10:00p ET have been activated. Want to share your favorite Buzzboard posts with your social media page readers? Now, there's an easy way to do it! Visit this page for instructions: viewtopic.php?f=39&t=47643

(Note: hover your mouse pointer near the upper right corner of this box and click the "x" to close it.)

Thumbs down to Fox Sports Detroit

Discussion pertaining to Detroit, Ann Arbor, Port Huron, and SW Ontario
MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Wed Feb 07, 2018 3:38 pm

No live coverage of the Matt Patricia introductory press conference??? WTF is going on over there? Good grief.

Thank goodness for ESPN News, who carried the whole thing.

97.1 The Ticket also carried it live (albeit with an annoying audio glitch).

The hideous electronic billboards in each end zone make Spartan Stadium look like a corny Arena Football League venue!

Lester The Nightfly

Re: Thumbs down to Fox Sports Detroit

Post by Lester The Nightfly » Wed Feb 07, 2018 4:29 pm

Not to worry MW, the FOX regional's will be run by ESPN soon enough based on the Disney announcement from mid-December. I'd bet lunch they'll shut down the Southfield facility with anything not produced at a venue coming out of Bristol.

906XJ

Post by 906XJ » Wed Feb 07, 2018 9:40 pm

What the hell is a Matt Patricia?

Is that like some Detroit power couple or something?

fuzzpower

Post by fuzzpower » Thu Feb 08, 2018 7:58 am

906XJ wrote:
Wed Feb 07, 2018 9:40 pm

The latest Lions coach to fail.

NS8401

Post by NS8401 » Thu Feb 08, 2018 10:42 am

fuzzpower wrote:
Thu Feb 08, 2018 7:58 am
906XJ wrote:
Wed Feb 07, 2018 9:40 pm

The latest Lions coach to fail.
Maybe he’ll only get as far as a goatee for facial hair now that he’s coaching the Lions...

Juice81

Post by Juice81 » Thu Feb 08, 2018 11:47 am

I think it is more likely that the Lions would not allow FSD to carry the presser live.

jsf

Post by jsf » Thu Feb 08, 2018 4:10 pm

Why not just replay the presser's for the last 6 coaches, I'm sure they will all sound the same.
J.

Lester The Nightfly

Post by Lester The Nightfly » Thu Feb 08, 2018 7:11 pm

jsf wrote:
Thu Feb 08, 2018 4:10 pm
Why not just replay the presser's for the last 6 coaches, I'm sure they will all sound the same.
J.
"We have a lot of great players and we're working hard to rebuild and bring a championship to the city of Detroit"
Something like that?

Wash. Rinse. Repeat.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Thu Feb 08, 2018 7:34 pm

I think it is more likely that the Lions would not allow FSD to carry the presser live.
Why wouldn't they? ESPN News and 97.1 The Ticket carried it live.

The hideous electronic billboards in each end zone make Spartan Stadium look like a corny Arena Football League venue!

juiceman

Post by juiceman » Sat Feb 10, 2018 9:11 pm

Juice81 wrote:
Thu Feb 08, 2018 11:47 am
Doesn't seem likely. FSD carried the Lions post-game press conferences live all season, and I think for the past couple of seasons as well.

Editorcj

Post by Editorcj » Sun Feb 11, 2018 10:58 am

I don't know but an educated guess would be that they don't have a staff videographer and the press conference was called so quickly that they couldn't get a hold of one of their per-diem freelancers in time to cover it.

SBaxley

Post by SBaxley » Sun Feb 11, 2018 5:13 pm

Fox Sports Detroit ..oyy! talk about a fumble! but then again as Lester said we May be seeing Fox Sports Detroit going to new owners when [and if ] the disney/21st century fox deal gets blessed, but as some sports media articles speculate, Fox Sports Detroit may be one of many of the Fox Sports regionals to be sold off to NBCSports Regional Networks or even the newly formed AT&T Sports Net..as they say , stay tuned

juiceman

Post by juiceman » Mon Feb 12, 2018 9:11 pm

Editorcj wrote:
Sun Feb 11, 2018 10:58 am
I don't know but an educated guess would be that they don't have a staff videographer and the press conference was called so quickly that they couldn't get a hold of one of their per-diem freelancers in time to cover it.
Patricia was announced as coach on Monday or Tuesday & the press conference was scheduled for Wednesday, so it wasn't a case of a last-minute press conference.

Lester The Nightfly

Post by Lester The Nightfly » Tue Feb 13, 2018 1:16 pm

juiceman wrote:
Mon Feb 12, 2018 9:11 pm
Editorcj wrote:
Sun Feb 11, 2018 10:58 am
Patricia was announced as coach on Monday or Tuesday & the press conference was scheduled for Wednesday, so it wasn't a case of a last-minute press conference.
If that's the case, maybe someone is nickle and dimeing their budget to look good for the next boss. It's not like offering comprehensive coverage of events is your biggest concern compared to a tidy P&L sheet when there's a looming change in management. Although in all fairness Editorcj's theory made perfect sense until you brought this up.

BFSEsq

Post by BFSEsq » Tue Feb 13, 2018 11:54 pm

Yeah, I feel like they just don't really have the staff to bother with things like this. FSD's goal is to do their planned coverage of Wings/Pistons/Tigers and the pre and post game shows and that's it. No one really watches FSD at any other time, even for breaking news. FSD isn't set up for that because they don't care to be. Or rather, Fox doesn't care enough to make these regionals worth anything. Hell, outside of the games they sometimes air paid programming. They basically just throw in the towel. Might as well just put up color bars.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Howard Jones

Post by Howard Jones » Wed Feb 14, 2018 6:51 am

Fox is probably squeezing every penny in advance of the sale to Disney/ESPN (if ultimately approved).

You’d think that an ESPN run RSN would have more of a focus on news and commentary type programming vs Fox to cross promote the mothership.

Things can only get better

BFSEsq

Post by BFSEsq » Wed Feb 14, 2018 11:14 am

Howard Jones wrote:Fox is probably squeezing every penny in advance of the sale to Disney/ESPN (if ultimately approved).

You’d think that an ESPN run RSN would have more of a focus on news and commentary type programming vs Fox to cross promote the mothership.
We can hope!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic