All new acct registrations in the queue as of 5/16 at 8:15p ET have been activated. Want to share your favorite Buzzboard posts with your social media page readers? Now, there's an easy way to do it! Visit this page for instructions: viewtopic.php?f=39&t=47643

(Note: hover your mouse pointer near the upper right corner of this box and click the "x" to close it.)

They finally did it

Discussion pertaining to Detroit, Ann Arbor, Port Huron, and SW Ontario
lovinlife101

They finally did it

Post by lovinlife101 » Mon Feb 12, 2018 6:03 am

I’m not sure what to think here. Is our intelligence being insulted or is this truly what journalism has come to?

What’s next? Here’s how to eat! Here’s how to walk!

http://www.fox2detroit.com/news/local-n ... f-your-car

craig11152

Re: They finally did it

Post by craig11152 » Mon Feb 12, 2018 6:44 am

Its tongue in cheek. It said so in the forth sentence.
DETROIT (WJBK) - (1) Since Sunday, we've seen about 8 inches or more of snow and more is coming. (2) While you're busy clearing the drive, you may forget about your car. (3) But you need to do it - and here's how!
(4) What you're about to read is tongue-in-cheek, but you absolutely should clear off all the snow from your car. It's a safety issue for you and and other drivers.
I think whats happening here is another case of you trolling with limited knowledge, or a complete disregard for facts.
But for whatever reason you seem to amuse management.

The point of the story is to inform those who may not know that you are suppose to clean most all of the snow off your car before driving on public roads. Leaving 10 inches of snow on the top of your car is illegal.

lovinlife101

Post by lovinlife101 » Mon Feb 12, 2018 9:53 am

craig11152 wrote:
Mon Feb 12, 2018 6:44 am
DETROIT (WJBK) - (1) Since Sunday, we've seen about 8 inches or more of snow and more is coming. (2) While you're busy clearing the drive, you may forget about your car. (3) But you need to do it - and here's how!
(4) What you're about to read is tongue-in-cheek, but you absolutely should clear off all the snow from your car. It's a safety issue for you and and other drivers.
I think whats happening here is another case of you trolling with limited knowledge, or a complete disregard for facts.

The point of the story is to inform those who may not know that you are suppose to clean most all of the snow off your car before driving on public roads. Leaving 10 inches of snow on the top of your car is illegal.
Your English teacher failed you. Your teacher did you absolutely no favors, and you suffer in ignorance because of that. Now that you're an adult, it's your responsibility to educate yourself. It will be a long, arduous task, but you can do it! :wink:

Try "it's," "what's," and "supposed." Also, "most all the snow"? What's that supposed to mean?

If the message was that leaving snow on your car is illegal, why not just have an anchor say that? Why go through the effort of paying anyone to illustrate a sarcastic point? Why not just go into stand-up comedy?

radiodoc

Post by radiodoc » Mon Feb 12, 2018 10:17 am

lovinlife101 wrote:
Mon Feb 12, 2018 9:53 am
[quote=craig11152 post_id=569448 time=<a href="tel:1518435841">1518435841</a> user_id=6735]

Your English teacher failed you. Your teacher did you absolutely no favors, and you suffer in ignorance because of that. Now that you're an adult, it's your responsibility to educate yourself. It will be a long, arduous task, but you can do it! :wink:

Try "it's," "what's," and "supposed." Also, "most all the snow"? What's that supposed to mean?

If the message was that leaving snow on your car is illegal, why not just have an anchor say that? Why go through the effort of paying anyone to illustrate a sarcastic point? Why not just go into stand-up comedy?
[/quote]

It's a joke, dude.

I love it. Kevra nailed it. Idiots who drive with only a cleared patch of snow on the windshield in front of the drivers seat aren't smart enough to get the sarcasm here. If you're one of those, I suggest you take that report seriously. It clearly needed to be done because -YES- people drive like that ALL THE TIME!

craig11152

Post by craig11152 » Mon Feb 12, 2018 11:10 am

lovinlife101 wrote:
Also, "most all the snow"? What's that supposed to mean?
If there is 10 inches of snow on the top of your green car you need to clean off most of that 10 inches. But if there is a 1/4 inch still on so the green paint is only partially visible that should suffice. You don't have clean ALL the snow so all you see is the green paint. Just a vast majority of the snow so you don't limit visibility of drivers behind you. I hope that clears up my point. I honestly didn't realize it was that obscure.

NS8401

Post by NS8401 » Mon Feb 12, 2018 12:31 pm

craig11152 wrote:
Mon Feb 12, 2018 11:10 am
lovinlife101 wrote:
If there is 10 inches of snow on the top of your green car you need to clean off most of that 10 inches. But if there is a 1/4 inch still on so the green paint is only partially visible that should suffice. You don't have clean ALL the snow so all you see is the green paint. Just a vast majority of the snow so you don't limit visibility of drivers behind you. I hope that clears up my point. I honestly didn't realize it was that obscure.
It wasn’t.

In The Bleachers

Someone call da' cops

Post by In The Bleachers » Mon Feb 12, 2018 11:39 pm

craig11152 wrote:
Well, I'm guilty.
I do clean off all the windows, my headlights, taillights, turn signals and clean the license plate off.
And if there's enough to limit my visibility, l will clear the hood.
But 94 clears the top of the car and the trunk lid for me. Thank you I-94.
(Hey, I can see where I'm going, I don't need to see where I've been).

Nothing will change until ALL incumbents are voted out of office.

lovinlife101

Post by lovinlife101 » Tue Feb 13, 2018 7:13 am

craig11152 wrote:
lovinlife101 wrote:
Not “obscure,” just oxymoronic. “Most” and “all” are different. Did you mean “most” or “all”?

Daypart

Post by Daypart » Tue Feb 13, 2018 8:22 am

Didn't Kevra do this exact story a few months back?

craig11152

Post by craig11152 » Tue Feb 13, 2018 9:00 am

lovinlife101 wrote:
Tue Feb 13, 2018 7:13 am
Not “obscure,” just oxymoronic. “Most” and “all” are different. Did you mean “most” or “all”?
A sure sign that someone has lost the discussion is when they fall back on nitpicking grammar.
Has it ever dawned on you that when you post anything in this forum the chances are overwhelming that a vast majority of the response to your post will be negative? As I said before your only contribution to this place is that you can get people on opposite sides of the political spectrum to find common ground in their dislike of who you portray in this forum.

lovinlife101

Post by lovinlife101 » Wed Feb 14, 2018 6:45 am

Helping you with your understanding of the English language has been worth any bullying I have received. I’m glad you learned something. “All” and “most” do not have the same meaning! Now you know!

I don’t know why you bring up people’s political positions here. Who cares? Is this a political debate board?

If you ask me, Republicans, Democrats, and cops are corrupt. Now there’s a uniting theme!

NS8401

Post by NS8401 » Wed Feb 14, 2018 10:32 am

lovinlife101 wrote:
Wed Feb 14, 2018 6:45 am
Helping you with your understanding of the English language has been worth any bullying I have received. I’m glad you learned something. “All” and “most” do not have the same meaning! Now you know!

I don’t know why you bring up people’s political positions here. Who cares? Is this a political debate board?

If you ask me, Republicans, Democrats, and cops are corrupt. Now there’s a uniting theme!
If you don’t get why he brought it up then you are helpless...

lovinlife101

Post by lovinlife101 » Thu Feb 15, 2018 6:11 am

NS8401 wrote:
Wed Feb 14, 2018 10:32 am
lovinlife101 wrote:

I have no political positions. This is not a political buzzboard. Why bring it up?

kager

Post by kager » Thu Feb 15, 2018 7:26 am

"The problem with communication is the illusion that it has occurred."

NS8401

Post by NS8401 » Thu Feb 15, 2018 9:53 am

lovinlife101 wrote:
Thu Feb 15, 2018 6:11 am
NS8401 wrote:
lovinlife101 wrote:

I have no political positions. This is not a political buzzboard. Why bring it up?
Because nearly everything you comment on is political at the moment. Your helplessness is worse than I feared...

lovinlife101

Post by lovinlife101 » Fri Feb 16, 2018 8:01 am

NS8401 wrote:
Thu Feb 15, 2018 9:53 am
lovinlife101 wrote:
NS8401 wrote:
lovinlife101 wrote:

Because nearly everything you comment on is political at the moment. Your helplessness is worse than I feared...
I went into this with my eyes wide open. I was told of the high level of ignorance on here, but I never imagined the unexplainable ineptitude I have witnessed here.

We have those who don’t know the meaning of “all” and “most.” And now we have those who believe clearing snow off a vehicle is a POLITCAL issue! I didn’t make that up! That’s where people on here are at intellectually.

I apologize. There. I said it. I apologize for not recognizing the severity of head trauma you must have experienced to come to the conclusions you do. Like a medical worker needs a break from helping the sick, I need a break from all this ignorance.

NS8401

Post by NS8401 » Fri Feb 16, 2018 5:10 pm

lovinlife101 wrote:
Fri Feb 16, 2018 8:01 am
NS8401 wrote:
Thu Feb 15, 2018 9:53 am
lovinlife101 wrote:
NS8401 wrote:
lovinlife101 wrote:

I went into this with my eyes wide open. I was told of the high level of ignorance on here, but I never imagined the unexplainable ineptitude I have witnessed here.

We have those who don’t know the meaning of “all” and “most.” And now we have those who believe clearing snow off a vehicle is a POLITCAL issue! I didn’t make that up! That’s where people on here are at intellectually.

I apologize. There. I said it. I apologize for not recognizing the severity of head trauma you must have experienced to come to the conclusions you do. Like a medical worker needs a break from helping the sick, I need a break from all this ignorance.
Thank god.

In The Bleachers

You started this dance

Post by In The Bleachers » Fri Feb 16, 2018 11:17 pm

Geez oh pete, Lovinlife. Everybody but Fred Flintstone's grandmother could tell the thing was a tongue in cheek bit.
But you go take it seriously, and then get hussy about getting chided.

Nothing will change until ALL incumbents are voted out of office.

lovinlife101

Post by lovinlife101 » Sat Feb 17, 2018 8:48 am

[/quote]
Thank god.
[/quote]

First politics is inserted, now religion?

lovinlife101

Re: You started this dance

Post by lovinlife101 » Sat Feb 17, 2018 8:50 am

In The Bleachers wrote:
Fri Feb 16, 2018 11:17 pm
Geez oh pete, Lovinlife. Everybody but Fred Flintstone's grandmother could tell the thing was a tongue in cheek bit.
But you go take it seriously, and then get hussy about getting chided.
If it was meant as a standup comedy routine why did it run as “news”? Unless they truly believe people don’t understand this, why else would they do it?

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic