Hello! Welcome to the Michigan Radio & TV Buzzboard. All accepted new account registrations through 1-21-2018 at 8:00p ET have been activated. I apologize for the delay in activating newly registered accounts.

(Note: hover your mouse pointer near the upper right corner of this box and click the "x" to close it.)

Ron Cameron In One Word:

Discussion pertaining to Detroit, Ann Arbor, Port Huron, and SW Ontario
blackcowboybrady64

Re: Ron Cameron In One Word:

Post by blackcowboybrady64 » Tue Nov 28, 2017 9:53 am

Oh,Ron and his former co-host and buddy Bob Page fell out over an issue some years back.Anybody with intel about it? I think Ron,who from most accounts is an ugly slob,has ALWAYS been jealous of Page's good looks (he's always talking about Page's "teenybopper" girlfriend) and elocution,which got him the "Speaking Of Sports" show after Howard Cosell's death.

The Constant Browser

Post by The Constant Browser » Tue Nov 28, 2017 1:52 pm

From the Patriot Detroit website

uncleb67

Post by uncleb67 » Wed Nov 29, 2017 8:59 am

I have, in the last coupla years, seen Ron out “in the wild”, browsing the magazine racks at a local big-box book seller. Believe me, he is as slovenly as you can imagine. We all know the term “a face made for radio”!

blackcowboybrady64

Post by blackcowboybrady64 » Thu Nov 30, 2017 9:33 am

I'd like to know why,if Ron has all these "buddies" throughout the U.S.,why he has never been big outside Detroit and why haven't these boys tried to get Ron in New York,Miami,L.A. (well,he's too slovenly for L.A.,where they crave good-looking people),Chicago,Dallas or some other major market?

briangoleb

Post by briangoleb » Thu Nov 30, 2017 3:02 pm

Agree with one of the last posts, his show is like a guilty pleasure. .love it. Alex should do the ads, ron is terrible at it..not going to comment on his looks, glass houses..wonder how much an an ad costs and how much he pays for 2 hours of air time?

uncleb67

Post by uncleb67 » Sat Dec 02, 2017 1:48 pm

briangoleb wrote:
Thu Nov 30, 2017 3:02 pm
Agree with one of the last posts, his show is like a guilty pleasure. .love it. Alex should do the ads, ron is terrible at it..not going to comment on his looks, glass houses..wonder how much an an ad costs and how much he pays for 2 hours of air time?
I am pretty sure Ron "sells ads" for companies that can feed him (restaurants), house him (he is known to inhabit "hotels"), and keep care of some of life's basic necessities (bump shops/garages). His looks are by far NOT his most offensive trait: I saw him get really ugly to someone I knew who saw through his sales "pitch" and not buy an "ad" on SportsTalk. That being said, his producer, Alex, is a class act.

blackcowboybrady64

Post by blackcowboybrady64 » Thu Jan 11, 2018 9:32 am

Ron kinda looks like a homeless dude.Perhaps that's why he's so bitter about so many things. (His birthday is Jan.19,when his WPON show will air.)

blackcowboybrady64

Post by blackcowboybrady64 » Thu Jan 11, 2018 9:34 am

Ron inhabits hotels?Why?Is he trying to get free meals?(Oh,it just hit me;Ron resembles a chipmunk,the why Kid Rock looks like a sewer rat.)

blackcowboybrady64

Post by blackcowboybrady64 » Thu Jan 11, 2018 9:35 am

uncleb67,if Ron's looks AREN'T his worst trait,he must be a real a**hole.

fuzzpower

Post by fuzzpower » Thu Jan 11, 2018 10:02 am

He would get free or reduced hotel rates in exchange for free advertising on his show.

uncleb67

Post by uncleb67 » Fri Jan 12, 2018 1:06 pm

blackcowboybrady64 wrote:
Thu Jan 11, 2018 9:32 am
Ron kinda looks like a homeless dude.Perhaps that's why he's so bitter about so many things. (His birthday is Jan.19,when his WPON show will air.)
Oh, for sure, he is bitter as all hell and trust me, he looks like a homeless dude when you see him out in the wild! I think he was wearing that same sweater in the pic when I saw him at a bookstore!

blackcowboybrady64

Post by blackcowboybrady64 » Mon Jan 15, 2018 10:57 am

Ron's bitter because his umpiring and broadcasting careers went sideways,his "restaurants" always tank,and he's such a schlub (even moreso now that he'll be 73 Friday) that women avoid him like the plague. Makes you wonder if he could've gotten a radio gig today.(Well,given the clowns on the airwaves,perhaps he could have.)

jry

Post by jry » Mon Jan 15, 2018 1:53 pm

I don't want to pile on the guy. There's a ton of issues, there.

blackcowboybrady64

Post by blackcowboybrady64 » Fri Jan 19, 2018 10:02 am

Happy 73rd birthday,Ronnie!!!!

JGP1954

Post by JGP1954 » Sat Jan 20, 2018 11:09 am

My 21 year old son and I both listen to Ron, mainly for comic effect. We love to hear Cowboy, J.J. from Lincoln Park, and others. And, he does interview older athletes that usually have an interesting story or two about the old days. If you remember, ABC(WXYZ) saw something in him back in the 70s. They tried, but they couldn't corral him. He would get late into newscasts, spot breaks, etc. when counter-programming was important. And, that's when ABC was the biggest and most successful broadcaster in the business. Nowadays, he's a survivor...and a hustler, but you have to say he's found his niche.

uncleb67

Post by uncleb67 » Sun Jan 21, 2018 5:16 pm

JGP1954 wrote:
Sat Jan 20, 2018 11:09 am
My 21 year old son and I both listen to Ron, mainly for comic effect. We love to hear Cowboy, J.J. from Lincoln Park, and others. And, he does interview older athletes that usually have an interesting story or two about the old days. If you remember, ABC(WXYZ) saw something in him back in the 70s. They tried, but they couldn't corral him. He would get late into newscasts, spot breaks, etc. when counter-programming was important. And, that's when ABC was the biggest and most successful broadcaster in the business. Nowadays, he's a survivor...and a hustler, but you have to say he's found his niche.
Ron Cameron’s show is the ultimate “guilty pleasure”. It never gets old hearing the same half-dozen callers every week, sometimes calling twice in the same two-hour show! I also love hearing Ron tout his upcoming guests and really never have most of them materialize. I also remember former Red Wing John Ogrodnick stiffing Ron for like three weeks straight. Ron was PISSED! A couple weeks back, when Ron’s Sunday show ran on Christmas Eve and New Year’s Eve on successive weeks, I listened to the podcasts, a week or two post-haste, and the callers (most first-timers) were extremely bizarre, but fitting for the show. Like I said, enjoyable in a “train-wreck” way!

briangoleb

Post by briangoleb » Sun Jan 21, 2018 8:30 pm

He was supposed to have tony sipp on today...lost his number though..it is fun to listen to though. .train wreck describes it perfectly. .

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic