Hello! Welcome to the Michigan Radio & TV Buzzboard. Please visit the newly created "Buzzboard v3.0 features" forum to view announcements as to recently installed new features, as well as to report any issues or share your opinions regarding recent site changes. All accepted new account registrations through 4-29-2017 at 10:00a ET have been activated.

(Note: hover your mouse pointer near the upper right corner of this box and click the "x" to close it.)

WOMC 80s

Discussion pertaining to Detroit, Ann Arbor, Port Huron, and SW Ontario
BKRPDM
Posts: 97
Joined: Mon Apr 13, 2009 6:40 pm

Re: WOMC 80s

Post by BKRPDM » Thu Apr 20, 2017 7:45 pm

stopnswop2 wrote:
Thu Apr 20, 2017 7:30 pm
I was addicted to WOMC. The late 60s thru 1989 was a perfect blend.

The removal of the 60s was upsetting but now the 70s?
The 80s have been played snd played to death on every station and I've grown to become annoyed. Now a station playing only 80s, I won't have it

I'm sorry but I'm done with WOMC.

I was in shock when I tried requesting a song from 1970 during the noon lunch hour and I was told he won't play any 70s for me.

Hopefully someone flips formats and crushes OMC.
On 93.5 I've heard plenty of 60s music on there still.
I can see playing less 70s music, but it would be cool to have 30% or so of it. Looking at the hourly playlists, most comprise all 80s music. The glaring exception is JJ's all request lunch. By pulling most titles after '79, the library is much smaller.

KeenerGold
Posts: 38
Joined: Sun Dec 05, 2004 1:57 pm

Re: WOMC 80s

Post by KeenerGold » Fri Apr 21, 2017 6:45 am

audiophile wrote:
Sat Apr 15, 2017 8:44 pm
No, it wasn't that...

Besides all Steely Dan songs sound the same anyway :blink
An audiophile ripping on Steely Dan.

Head of the class. :)

Radio Sucks
Posts: 99
Joined: Wed May 14, 2014 4:48 pm

Re: WOMC 80s

Post by Radio Sucks » Fri Apr 21, 2017 7:11 am

Another great example of customer/listener service as a WOMC listener, about their experience, wrote:
This person no longer works there, he/she's gone on to customer service at United Airlines.

tigersroar
Posts: 10
Joined: Thu Aug 11, 2011 6:42 pm

Re: WOMC 80s

Post by tigersroar » Sun Apr 23, 2017 10:17 am

stopnswop2 wrote:
Thu Apr 20, 2017 7:30 pm
I was addicted to WOMC. The late 60s thru 1989 was a perfect blend.

The removal of the 60s was upsetting but now the 70s?
The 80s have been played snd played to death on every station and I've grown to become annoyed. Now a station playing only 80s, I won't have it

I'm sorry but I'm done with WOMC.

I was in shock when I tried requesting a song from 1970 during the noon lunch hour and I was told he won't play any 70s for me.

Hopefully someone flips formats and crushes OMC.
On 93.5 I've heard plenty of 60s music on there still.
Ive noticed a very large increase in 80s music, but I still hear some 70s?

NS8401
Posts: 6333
Joined: Fri Mar 05, 2010 9:06 pm

Re: WOMC 80s

Post by NS8401 » Sun Apr 23, 2017 12:23 pm

tigersroar wrote:
Sun Apr 23, 2017 10:17 am
stopnswop2 wrote:
Thu Apr 20, 2017 7:30 pm
I was addicted to WOMC. The late 60s thru 1989 was a perfect blend.

The removal of the 60s was upsetting but now the 70s?
The 80s have been played snd played to death on every station and I've grown to become annoyed. Now a station playing only 80s, I won't have it

I'm sorry but I'm done with WOMC.

I was in shock when I tried requesting a song from 1970 during the noon lunch hour and I was told he won't play any 70s for me.

Hopefully someone flips formats and crushes OMC.
On 93.5 I've heard plenty of 60s music on there still.
Ive noticed a very large increase in 80s music, but I still hear some 70s?
About 1973 or so and after...

User avatar
Silvio Dante
Posts: 6
Joined: Fri Dec 16, 2005 4:59 pm

Re: WOMC 80s

Post by Silvio Dante » Mon Apr 24, 2017 8:38 am

[/quoteThe removal of the 60s was upsetting but now the 70s?

As far as advertising agencies are concerned everyone over 54 is out of the demo and dead to them. To stay in business a station needs to attract listeners under 54.

NS8401
Posts: 6333
Joined: Fri Mar 05, 2010 9:06 pm

Re: WOMC 80s

Post by NS8401 » Mon Apr 24, 2017 9:36 am

Silvio Dante wrote:
Mon Apr 24, 2017 8:38 am
[/quoteThe removal of the 60s was upsetting but now the 70s?

As far as advertising agencies are concerned everyone over 54 is out of the demo and dead to them. To stay in business a station needs to attract listeners under 54.
An absolutely outdated model but whatever...

User avatar
Vic Doucette
Posts: 173
Joined: Fri Nov 26, 2004 9:06 am
Location: Metro Detroit

Re: WOMC 80s

Post by Vic Doucette » Mon Apr 24, 2017 11:06 am

Silvio Dante wrote:
Mon Apr 24, 2017 8:38 am
[/quoteThe removal of the 60s was upsetting but now the 70s?

As far as advertising agencies are concerned everyone over 54 is out of the demo and dead to them. To stay in business a station needs to attract listeners under 54.
Funny. I'm in my 60s now -- and I have more disposable income than I have ever had before.
Support The Miracle League of Michigan -- because EVERY child deserves the chance to play baseball!
Visit www.michiganmiracle.org

NS8401
Posts: 6333
Joined: Fri Mar 05, 2010 9:06 pm

Re: WOMC 80s

Post by NS8401 » Mon Apr 24, 2017 1:15 pm

Vic Doucette wrote:
Mon Apr 24, 2017 11:06 am
Silvio Dante wrote:
Mon Apr 24, 2017 8:38 am
[/quoteThe removal of the 60s was upsetting but now the 70s?

As far as advertising agencies are concerned everyone over 54 is out of the demo and dead to them. To stay in business a station needs to attract listeners under 54.
Funny. I'm in my 60s now -- and I have more disposable income than I have ever had before.
That's because the model is built on a majority of the population being young and having kids... it's just that now things are different but the model is stuck in about 1955...

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 8 guests