Welcome to the Buzzboard! By viewing or posting any content on this site, you are agreeing to the TERMS OF USE! So, please take a moment to read them if this is your first visit or have not done so in a while. All accepted registrations through Friday, December 23 at 9:00a ET have been activated.  

It is currently Sat Jan 21, 2017 11:25 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 311 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21
PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 5:38 am 

sfpcc wrote:
Marvin Yagoda, owner of Marvin's Marvelous Mechanical Museum died a few days ago. The Channel 4 broadcast didn't mention how old he was, (78.)

(now I really want to go to that museum.)

It's absolutely fantastic. Id go before it closes or what not...

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 4:46 pm 

[quote="NS8401"][quote="sfpcc"]Marvin Yagoda, owner of Marvin's Marvelous Mechanical Museum died a few days ago. The Channel 4 broadcast didn't mention how old he was, (78.)

(now I really want to go to that museum.)[/quote]
It's absolutely fantastic. Id go before it closes or what not...[/quote]

I actually went today after I dropped of my work. It's closed tomorrow in Mr Yagoda's memory. Those old novelty devices are really cool, especially the angel with the Brooklyn accent who has a flatuance problem. Even though I didn't play them the pinball machines were also a nice touch. I hope it's around long enough for my niece and nephew to visit.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2017 10:23 am 

This morning at 8:01 on 7 they showed the Seahawks/Falcons score as being in the 4th quarter. At least the later Texans/Patriots game was shown as a final score.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2017 5:24 pm 

WDIV... School closings in the 6 AM hour. They had the fancy side graphic or the more traditional data on the bottom of the screen. They alternated it. The data on the bottom was not alphabetically organized. You'd have a school district that starts with the letter T next to one with the letter A. It was all over the board and annoying.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2017 7:55 pm 

I don't even know why they give up so much real estate on the screen for school closings anymore. With social and phone calls, parents find out long before they turn on a TV or radio. It's outdated and unnecessary.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2017 8:21 pm 

kbg wrote:
I don't even know why they give up so much real estate on the screen for school closings anymore. With social and phone calls, parents find out long before they turn on a TV or radio. It's outdated and unnecessary.

That's if your district bothers with phone calls and such... I was halfway to work when a coworker called me. They cancelled at 545am... idiots.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2017 2:08 pm 

[quote="NS8401"][quote="kbg"]I don't even know why they give up so much real estate on the screen for school closings anymore. With social and phone calls, parents find out long before they turn on a TV or radio. It's outdated and unnecessary.[/quote]
That's if your district bothers with phone calls and such... I was halfway to work when a coworker called me. They cancelled at 545am... idiots.[/quote]
Yeah, it's pretty sloppy. We tend to hit WXYZs website when we need to know if our Granddaughters will have the day off.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2017 11:25 pm 

7 News on TV20 felt it Necessary and Important to show us Live Breaking News: live chopper footage of a car chase in El Monte, CA. Why? Who f*ing cares?

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2017 12:12 am 

SolarMax wrote:
7 News on TV20 felt it Necessary and Important to show us Live Breaking News: live chopper footage of a car chase in El Monte, CA. Why? Who f*ing cares?

Slow news day with an hour to fill... why not?

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2017 11:26 am 

NS8401 wrote:
SolarMax wrote:

Because, there's just a whole lot of stuff worthy of sixty seconds worth of mention that happens, oh, like, here.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2017 11:49 am 

SolarMax wrote:
NS8401 wrote:
SolarMax wrote:

Because, there's just a whole lot of stuff worthy of sixty seconds worth of mention that happens, oh, like, here.

"Ma Frickert slaughters a cow... digitally compressed images at 11..."

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 311 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21