Acceptable registrations in the queue through April 26 at 9:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

It looks Xfinity has increased internet speeds in some service areas

A place to discuss broadband, streaming video, cable, and satellite services (not programming). Bitch about your crappy cable, satellite or streaming video provider here! This is also the place to talk about channel line-ups, packages, and special offers.
MWmetalhead
Site Admin

It looks Xfinity has increased internet speeds in some service areas

Post by MWmetalhead » Sat Mar 09, 2024 5:14 pm

I've noticed a nearly 100% increase in download speeds on both my smartphone and my desktop PC, which are connected to the internet via wifi using the 5 GHz band.

Despite my router being in a suboptimal location (basement, albeit raised as high as possible), I am now getting 400 mbps download speed on my smartphone from my living room, and 200 mbps download speed on my 9-year old desktop pc, which sits on the floor beneath my workstation and has multiple obstructions between it and the router.

If I go into the basement and stand about five feet away from the router, I get 520 mbps.

My max speeds seem to be about 100 mbps greater than before.

Edit - just got a speed test result (from fast.com) of 300 mbps for my upstairs PC! That is by far the fastest download speed I've ever gotten on that machine.

Morgan Wallen is a piece of garbage.

MotorCityRadioFreak

Re: It looks Xfinity has increased internet speeds in some service areas

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Thu Mar 14, 2024 12:39 am

Unless someone is gaming, who really needs speeds that fast?
They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic