Acceptable registrations in the queue through April 26 at 9:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Dumping Buckeye Broadband's TV service, saved $125

A place to discuss broadband, streaming video, cable, and satellite services (not programming). Bitch about your crappy cable, satellite or streaming video provider here! This is also the place to talk about channel line-ups, packages, and special offers.
80sTalkRadioFan

Dumping Buckeye Broadband's TV service, saved $125

Post by 80sTalkRadioFan » Wed Feb 21, 2024 2:44 pm

Since Buckeye Broadband decided to retire their "Media Gateway" I decided to drop their TV service, just to see how much I could save. My bill went from $313 to $187. I still have internet and phone through Buckeye. Not sure what my long term replacement will be, but this month, got Fubo for half the usual monthly rate, around $53 this month. Only local station missing in the Toledo area is 13 ABC, but I can watch 13 Action News for free on the station's website or app. Fubo does provide a national feed of ABC programming and I can get WXYZ Detroit for ABC with "TV Everywhere," using Fubo as my provider. Anybody else drop Buckeye Broadband recently?

CurlyHoward

Re: Dumping Buckeye Broadband's TV service, saved $125

Post by CurlyHoward » Sat Feb 24, 2024 11:14 pm

I dumped Buckeye TV over 10 years ago.

ZERO FUCKING REGRETS WHATSOEVER. Although I do still have them as an ISP.

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Thu Mar 14, 2024 12:40 am

I could never buy anything that said Buckeye in it even if I lived there.
They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

80sTalkRadioFan

Post by 80sTalkRadioFan » Fri Apr 19, 2024 1:23 am

Updates: Fubo now offers WTVG/13 ABC in Toledo, so decided to stick with them for now. Called Buckeye to see if they could beat Fubo's monthly rate, they couldn't. So, saving at least $50 per month, even though I'm paying Fubo's regular monthly rate. Did upgrade my Buckeye internet from 250 GB per month to unlimited for an extra $30. They also offered me their "Tivo Plus for an extra charge, but I turned that down. Can get most of those channels for free on Pluto or Xumo.

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Tue Apr 23, 2024 8:30 am

80sTalkRadioFan wrote:
Wed Feb 21, 2024 2:44 pm
Since Buckeye Broadband decided to retire their "Media Gateway" I decided to drop their TV service, just to see how much I could save. My bill went from $313 to $187. I still have internet and phone through Buckeye. Not sure what my long term replacement will be, but this month, got Fubo for half the usual monthly rate, around $53 this month. Only local station missing in the Toledo area is 13 ABC, but I can watch 13 Action News for free on the station's website or app. Fubo does provide a national feed of ABC programming and I can get WXYZ Detroit for ABC with "TV Everywhere," using Fubo as my provider. Anybody else drop Buckeye Broadband recently?
That is still insane. Get a TV antenna. You shouldn't pay more $70 for an internet connection. Home Phone units that are cellular based are like $30/month. MagicJack is like $40 a year.
Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic