I've gotten slow & sloppy in activating new accounts lately; sorry about that! All new acct registrations in the queue as of 9/23 at 7:15a ET have been activated. Want to share your favorite Buzzboard posts with your social media page readers? Now, there's an easy way to do it! Visit this page for instructions: viewtopic.php?f=39&t=47643

(Note: hover your mouse pointer near the upper right corner of this box and click the "x" to close it.)

Improving an Indoor Amplified antenna

A place to discuss broadband, cable, satellite and wireless video services (not programming). This is the spot to discuss good deals, crappy customer service, cutting edge "cut-the-cord" video content providers, and to share your favorite Roku channels.
Frank Booth

Improving an Indoor Amplified antenna

Post by Frank Booth » Sat Jun 23, 2018 3:34 pm

I've posted on here a lot about CATV and stuff like that, as of late. Honestly, I am paying 35$(after tax) a month for Limited basic CATV, locals, religious, and shopping networks. I feel this is a rip off. Thing is, I live in a 1st story Condo and TV reception is a bit spotty. I can't exactly have an outdoor antenna due to the neighborhood associations rules(they make it damn near impossible).

I have an indoor antenna I recently purchased, that is honestly decent. The signal does break apart a little at times, on Ch 11 in Toledo mostly. I see where you can buy a separate amplifier for an indoor antenna. Thing is, would adding a 2nd amplifier help the signal or not?

I-Heart Media, I ask you to please bring back 106.7 The D, but without Journey,Eddie money, or Styx. ALT 106.7 sucks ass!

ZenithCKLW

Re: Improving an Indoor Amplified antenna

Post by ZenithCKLW » Sat Jun 23, 2018 4:28 pm

I have a rooftop antenna, and I use an amplifier where it comes into the house, and another further down the coax line, and they work well for certain channels. One of my TV's isn't hooked up to the rooftop, and instead uses its own amplified antenna. It's about a 12"x12" flat square and it's supposed to stand up on the table or hang on the wall. Worked like shit until it fell over laying horizontal. Works excellent now, almost as well as the amplified rooftop. I was told too many amplifiers interfere with eachother, and eventually just amplify noise.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic