I've gotten slow & sloppy in activating new accounts lately; sorry about that! All new acct registrations in the queue as of 9/23 at 7:15a ET have been activated. Want to share your favorite Buzzboard posts with your social media page readers? Now, there's an easy way to do it! Visit this page for instructions: viewtopic.php?f=39&t=47643

(Note: hover your mouse pointer near the upper right corner of this box and click the "x" to close it.)

Comcast outage Feb 15

A place to discuss broadband, cable, satellite and wireless video services (not programming). This is the spot to discuss good deals, crappy customer service, cutting edge "cut-the-cord" video content providers, and to share your favorite Roku channels.
SolarMax

Comcast outage Feb 15

Post by SolarMax » Mon Feb 15, 2016 12:56 pm

Just after 10:15 AM ET Feb 15, an outage took out Comcast/Xfinity services in many areas across the country.
In Detroit, local broadcast channels and subs remained available, plus NBCSports Net, Fox Sports Detroit, and Big Ten network (some of which are operated by Comcast, go figure). Pretty much all others came up black. In many areas, internet service was also affected.
Social Media sites and feeds on the subject related that Comcast's "customer service" lines were busy-ed out or did not answer. It appears that around 12:30 or so, some services were beginning to be restored. Local story at
http://www.detroitnews.com/story/news/l ... /80406008/

A good site to monitor outages for many services is
Down Detector

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Re: Comcast outage Feb 15

Post by MWmetalhead » Mon Feb 15, 2016 2:03 pm

I was getting on-screen menus/listings but zero programming on all channels I tried around 11a this morning. I could not receive *any* of the local broadcast channels at the time - at least not the high-def versions.

As of now, everything seems to be working.

The outage earlier only affected my video service.

Radio's downfall has been under-investing in its core competency and becoming distracted by delusions of grandeur by thinking development of a half-assed national digital strategy will somehow put it on par with the Facebooks and Googles of the world.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic