All new acct registrations in the queue as of 8/11 at 9:00a ET have been activated. Want to share your favorite Buzzboard posts with your social media page readers? Now, there's an easy way to do it! Visit this page for instructions: viewtopic.php?f=39&t=47643

(Note: hover your mouse pointer near the upper right corner of this box and click the "x" to close it.)

Spectrum

A place to discuss broadband, cable, satellite and wireless video services (not programming). This is the spot to discuss good deals, crappy customer service, cutting edge "cut-the-cord" video content providers, and to share your favorite Roku channels.
Frank Booth

Spectrum

Post by Frank Booth » Wed Jun 13, 2018 4:08 am

I was wondering if anyone here had Spectrum. My area is already serviced by Buckeye Cable but I got a post card in the mail today from Spectrum. Which I believe used to be Time Warner, guess they must offer service in my area as well.

I was looking at there website, with the CATV packages, it wasn't listed but do they offer just a basic 20-30 ch package? I currently have the lowest package with Buckeye which is The 30+, which is about 30$ a month.

Don't be a good neighbor to her!!!

ZenithCKLW

Re: Spectrum

Post by ZenithCKLW » Wed Jun 13, 2018 8:49 am

I have Spectrum, which I got from the Bright House days. I liked Bright House, as they typically had good, reliable service and good customer service. But I am going to be a cord cutter, leaving only internet service, due to the price of cable and internet jumping way up to $130. I'm unaware of any smaller TV packages.

mtburb

Post by mtburb » Wed Jun 13, 2018 6:53 pm

I have Spectrum (which was inherited from Charter) at my cottage in Ogemaw County. Never had any problems during my vacations there during the past two summers. I am still disappointed in their decision to drop WFQX and to replace WNEM's Cozi subchannel with one of WEYI's must-carry subchannels from their West Branch lineup last year however. I have decided though a while back that I will no longer be heading to that cottage for personal reasons, so I can't check to see if they have gotten better since.

For three days in January 2017 (15th, 16th, 19th) and one night in September 2017 (22nd), I managed to receive KDKA Pittsburgh from 202 miles away indoors!

My tropo station reception reports: https://www.rabbitears.info/dxlocation.php?id=403

++++

Post by ++++ » Sun Jun 17, 2018 7:05 pm

Charter basic. Honestly, lots of outages.
My basic is $44. They have cut ch9/WGN, Weather channel and a few others. I "think" I have 17 channels plus tons of music channels.
Basically worthless. Rarely watch TV. Basically for relatives when they come over.

Frank Booth

Post by Frank Booth » Tue Jun 19, 2018 1:20 am

The Buckeye 30, which is like 29$ a month. Gives you Toledo local stations and there HD counterparts, 2 Detroit but there blocked out most of the time. C-span 1,2,3, Home Shopping Channels and Religious. Now, they give you this little converter box, about the size of a wallet with a remote. I had a regular HD cable box at one point with Cinemax but 18.00 a month for the box and 17.50 for Max, I just couldn't justify the extra cost.

I live in a first floor Condo, a amplified antenna is honestly worthless. I've tried a few. I honestly keep it for C-span and for a couple of the local stations. I think U-verse offers a 19.99$ package.

Don't be a good neighbor to her!!!

mtburb

Post by mtburb » Tue Jun 19, 2018 11:14 pm

Frank Booth wrote:
Tue Jun 19, 2018 1:20 am
Gives you Toledo local stations and there HD counterparts, 2 Detroit but there blocked out most of the time.
At least you still get Detroit stations down in your neck in the woods. Up here in the Downriver communities, only Huron Township still gets any Toledo local commercial stations thanks to being hooked up to Spectrum's Monroe headend. At least two other Downriver communities, Woodhaven and Gibraltar, had WNWO when it was United Cable, but was quickly dropped by TCI due most likely to Syndex.

Speaking of which, as long as there are no similar threads that I know of that have been posted in the past, I should consider opening a thread about the decline of out-of-market cable carriage of commercial TV stations so that this doesn't go too off-topic.

For three days in January 2017 (15th, 16th, 19th) and one night in September 2017 (22nd), I managed to receive KDKA Pittsburgh from 202 miles away indoors!

My tropo station reception reports: https://www.rabbitears.info/dxlocation.php?id=403

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic