I've gotten slow & sloppy in activating new accounts lately; sorry about that! All new acct registrations in the queue as of 9/23 at 7:15a ET have been activated. Want to share your favorite Buzzboard posts with your social media page readers? Now, there's an easy way to do it! Visit this page for instructions: viewtopic.php?f=39&t=47643

(Note: hover your mouse pointer near the upper right corner of this box and click the "x" to close it.)

LED TV Screen

The place to chat about audio/video devices & software, computer hardware & software, and other electronic gadgets.
Turkeytop

LED TV Screen

Post by Turkeytop » Tue Jan 02, 2018 3:39 pm

We're taking a new TV with an LED screen to Florida. We want to load the car tonight and will be stopping over two more nights. Can the screen be damaged by leaving it in the car overnight in extreme cold?

906XJ

Re: LED TV Screen

Post by 906XJ » Tue Jan 02, 2018 5:50 pm

The short answer is no... the led is a semi solid and doesn't freeze like water.

The long answer is no, but if I'd gets below freezing, wait a few hours before plugging it in and turning it on to allow for any condensation that may have formed to evaporate.

Turkeytop

Re: LED TV Screen

Post by Turkeytop » Tue Jan 02, 2018 6:44 pm

Thanks. I guess it will gradually warm along the way. I'll be so busy when we get there it probably won't get plugged in until day 2.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic