Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Mike Duggan files for divorce

Discussion pertaining to Detroit, Ann Arbor, Port Huron, and SW Ontario
Deleted User 7620

Mike Duggan files for divorce

Post by Deleted User 7620 » Fri May 03, 2019 9:59 pm

http://www.fox2detroit.com/news/local-n ... or-divorce

More Detroit corruption lol. Story at 10, on Fox 2 News.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Re: Mike Duggan files for divorce

Post by MWmetalhead » Fri May 03, 2019 10:15 pm

Duggan says he wants privacy. Screw that!!! He hasn't earned that privilege. Not when he's potentially funneling city resources to some home wrecking bimbo from Novi who's giving him blowjobs.

A thorough investigation needs to determine if a quid pro quo arrangement has occurred.

fuzzpower

Post by fuzzpower » Fri May 03, 2019 10:29 pm

A corrupt Detroit mayor? Never!

FET-500

Post by FET-500 » Sat May 04, 2019 6:26 am

MWmetalhead wrote:
Fri May 03, 2019 10:15 pm
Duggan says he wants privacy. Screw that!!! He hasn't earned that privilege. Not when he's potentially funneling city resources to some home wrecking bimbo from Novi who's giving him blowjobs.

A thorough investigation needs to determine if a quid pro quo arrangement has occurred.
Yah, apparently the Mayor "lives" in Commerce and has been seen @ Kroger :)

Deleted User 14992

Post by Deleted User 14992 » Sat May 04, 2019 6:36 am

Duggan’s a jerk and a crooked Mayor, Again the citizens of Detroit get screwed, I really feel sorry for his Wife.

Y M Ionhere

Post by Y M Ionhere » Sat May 04, 2019 8:48 am

Every time I find a Democrat I like, at least on a personal level, they disappoint me with something. Butch Hollowell picking up a prostitute, John Edwards sex scandal, and I dont need to go into Ficano.

Deleted User 14992

Post by Deleted User 14992 » Sat May 04, 2019 8:50 am

You should have learned already, Never fall for that I’m a good guy crap. The Ficano story is a good one.
Last edited by Deleted User 14992 on Sat May 04, 2019 9:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Sat May 04, 2019 8:51 am

I wonder how much money and perks Duggan has pocketed from the Ilitch family? It's amazing how much favor they receive from the city.

Nice to see some mainstream media outlets finally do some honest reporting on the Ilitch clan. However, just like Flint, it took the national media's lead (in this case, HBO) to get the local media to wake the hell up.

Gotta love crony capitalism!!!

borderboy653659200

Post by borderboy653659200 » Sat May 04, 2019 10:07 am

Which is why the REAL Detroit (the neighbourhoods) will NEVER prosper under crony capitalism .The Ilitches (termed "crooks" by the late Jim Northrup on the Ron Cameron Show a couple of years before his June 8 ,2011 death;it was the same show on which Northrup said that he'd shoot Jim Price in the head if he,Northrup,could get away with murder because Price back-stabbed Northrup to get Northrup's PASS gig,a few years before Jimbo landed the WJR,now 97.1 The Ticket job after Lary Sorensen's troubles cost him the spot ) GOT SWEETHEART DEALS FOR YEARS to build their empire with precious little done for average Detroiters,and Danny Boy Gilbert is following the Ilitches' playbook in gentrifying Detroit. (Small wonder LeBron hates Gilbert.) Phil Regan,Ron's guest last week,may be nicknamed "The Vulture," but he has nothing on the crony capitalists who are dining on billions of dollars of tax breaks at the expense of the citizens of America's poorest major city .

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Sat May 04, 2019 10:41 am

Bear in mind the tax breaks pertain to new taxable value that is being created by virtue of development activity. It's not as if prior money from the city budget is being diverted.

However, the whole concept in general still stinks. A panel of appointees gets to pick winners & losers. They get to choose which developers receive the benefit of TIF district funds. They get to choose the types of projects for which TIF district funds are spent.

Sometimes, developments that are a "bad idea" get off the ground because of this form of subsidization.

Sometimes, developments that would have occurred anyway without special assistance get the benefit of such monies (thus depriving the municipality of new tax dollars to which it would have otherwise been entitled).

What I truly hate are the dog & pony shows staged by large developers who have their hands out. Usually, conceptual drawings look little like the final product and numerous promises are unmet. Because their buddies sit on the panels who approve usage of TIF proceeds, development agreements usually are "covenant lite," meaning developers face few or zero consequences if they fail to deliver on certain promised benefits to the community.

The Ilitches have NEVER undertaken any developments that involve a large residential unit component. That right there should've been a red flag regarding assessment of execution ability with regard to 'District Detroit."

craig11152

Post by craig11152 » Sat May 04, 2019 11:28 am

I wonder if there is enough out there somewhere to have him share a cell with Kwame?

I no longer directly engage trolls

Deleted User 7620

Post by Deleted User 7620 » Sat May 04, 2019 4:57 pm

borderboy653659200 wrote:
Sat May 04, 2019 10:07 am
Which is why the REAL Detroit (the neighbourhoods) will NEVER prosper under crony capitalism .The Ilitches (termed "crooks" by the late Jim Northrup on the Ron Cameron Show a couple of years before his June 8 ,2011 death;it was the same show on which Northrup said that he'd shoot Jim Price in the head if he,Northrup,could get away with murder because Price back-stabbed Northrup to get Northrup's PASS gig,a few years before Jimbo landed the WJR,now 97.1 The Ticket job after Lary Sorensen's troubles cost him the spot ) GOT SWEETHEART DEALS FOR YEARS to build their empire with precious little done for average Detroiters,and Danny Boy Gilbert is following the Ilitches' playbook in gentrifying Detroit. (Small wonder LeBron hates Gilbert.) Phil Regan,Ron's guest last week,may be nicknamed "The Vulture," but he has nothing on the crony capitalists who are dining on billions of dollars of tax breaks at the expense of the citizens of America's poorest major city .

This is a pitfall of a liberal city. Lying and theft. Chicago is about to have the same problem, in my opinion.

Deleted User 14992

Post by Deleted User 14992 » Sat May 04, 2019 5:30 pm

Bingo! The lying and theft, That’s why we don’t need a Liberal President, All Liberals are the same, Also my opinion.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Sat May 04, 2019 7:48 pm

"All liberals are the same."

Wow. Stereotype much?

I've got news for ya. Plenty of politicians on both sides of the aisle are sleazy.

Just having liberal views does not make oneself a "liar."

MrTaterSalad

Post by MrTaterSalad » Sun May 05, 2019 12:27 am

For a top 20 TV market, do we have THE WORST investigative journalism, because it sure seems like it. Ever since Fox 2 gutted their Problem Solvers division and Steve Wilson left Channel 7 our investigative journalism has been pathetic in this town. In-fact, save for ML Elrick at that Detroit News and Steve Neveling at Motor City Muckraker, what real investigative journalism do we really have?

Mike Duggan has now 4-5 major scandals that come to mind that the pathetic news media in this town, print and TV, have dropped the ball on. The home demolition contract scandal, the Land Bank Authority, fudging crime statistics, auctioning off downtown priorities like cars, and a potential quid pro quo with a mistress, the media has done woefully inadequate reporting on these matters.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic