Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Noise Cancelling Headphones

The place to chat about audio/video devices & software, mobile phones & mobile plans, computer hardware & software, and other electronic gadgets.
Turkeytop

Noise Cancelling Headphones

Post by Turkeytop » Thu Apr 28, 2016 9:01 pm

Do any of you use noise cancelling headphones? I like to use them when I'm listening to the radio outdoors at night in Florida. The big air conditioner unit is near our patio and makes a lot of noise when it's running.

I have two sets of the headphones and both have the same issue. They work great when I first turn them on, but after five or ten minutes, they start to oscillate, put put put put like a motor boat.

I started out with nothing and I still have most of it.

TC Talks

Re: Noise Cancelling Headphones

Post by TC Talks » Thu Apr 28, 2016 9:11 pm

I have a pair of Sony headphones. I only have osculating issues when the battery is low. I have used them mostly when flying but I have tried them on a train too. I think these headphones are designed for planes mostly.

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Thu Apr 28, 2016 9:40 pm

TC Talks wrote:I have a pair of Sony headphones. I only have osculating issues when the battery is low. I have used them mostly when flying but I have tried them on a train too. I think these headphones are designed for planes mostly.

Mine too are Sony. I think you've probably nailed the problem for me. I didn't even think about the battery. Sitting for months over the Florida summer inside a mobile home wouldn't exactly be ideal conditions for the battery. When I left to come home I removed the batteries from everything else there, but I forgot all about the headphones.

Arthur Mometer

Post by Arthur Mometer » Tue Nov 20, 2018 8:57 pm

Osculating issues? Did your spellcheck change that? I am having a big problem with the spellcheckers now, as the people who program them don't know much about technical terms. Making sense out of nonsense may make sense with texting, but not for decent typists on a real keyboard with years of experience. There needs to be lower threshold setting.

"I'm meteorologist Arthur Mometer."

"Those of you who think you know everything are very annoying to those of us who do."

"Lies have to be repeated and repeated to be believed. Truth stands on its own merit."

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Tue Nov 20, 2018 9:32 pm

That big loss that hit this board a couple of weeks ago brought back to life a lot of these old forgotten threads.

BTW, the battery was the issue with mine.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Wed Nov 21, 2018 7:26 pm

Turkeytop wrote:
Tue Nov 20, 2018 9:32 pm
That big loss that hit this board a couple of weeks ago brought back to life a lot of these old forgotten threads.
BTW, the battery was the issue with mine.
Excellent!

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic