All new acct registrations in the queue as of 8/11 at 9:00a ET have been activated. Want to share your favorite Buzzboard posts with your social media page readers? Now, there's an easy way to do it! Visit this page for instructions: viewtopic.php?f=39&t=47643

(Note: hover your mouse pointer near the upper right corner of this box and click the "x" to close it.)

LED Lighting

The place to chat about audio/video devices & software, computer hardware & software, and other electronic gadgets.
Turkeytop

LED Lighting

Post by Turkeytop » Wed Aug 08, 2018 9:58 pm

I'm considering upgrading the lighting in our home to LED. Do LED lights generate any RF interference?

ZenithCKLW

Re: LED Lighting

Post by ZenithCKLW » Wed Aug 08, 2018 10:13 pm

Depends on the brand. Some are better than others. I get lots of AM buzz when certain LED lights are on in my house. Make sure the package says something about not emitting RF noise.

craig11152

Post by craig11152 » Thu Aug 09, 2018 9:17 am

I switched over to LED over time not paying any attention to radio. But now I notice some interference from the lights in my kitchen.
By way of disclosure the only radio I have in the house is the one built in to my phone. Its only FM and probably not very good at that.

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Thu Aug 09, 2018 9:37 pm

You have only one radio? And it isn't even a real radio? How do you live? :(

tapeisrolling

Post by tapeisrolling » Thu Aug 09, 2018 10:18 pm

I have LED in most of my lights and I only notice interference on AM up close, like 6" away.

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Thu Aug 09, 2018 10:59 pm

Incandescent lights are no longer available in Canada. So my LED lights would be replacing either CFL or Fluorescent tubes, which emit noise of their own.

craig11152

Post by craig11152 » Fri Aug 10, 2018 9:45 am

Turkeytop wrote:
Thu Aug 09, 2018 9:37 pm
You have only one radio? And it isn't even a real radio? How do you live? :(
I think somewhere along the line a few of the personalities I enjoyed died or left the local airwaves. Some of the teams I liked broke up.
There seems to be too many personalities with chips on their shoulders, too many shows have gotten too political.
As a middle of the road moderate I find shows often too far right or too far left for me to enjoy.
Once upon a time I had a radio in my ear 8-10-12 hours a day. I did residential roofing and kept a little portable radio strapped to my arm with ear buds.
Now I listen in the car going to and from the dog park. It's about a 6 minute drive.
Lately I have listened for 45 minutes in the morning while I do a physical therapy regime in my basement. I have osteoarthritis in both hips and my right knee so I have these assorted stretches and range of motion exercises to keep me limping along.
99% of my listening is either WUOM 91.7 the University of Michigan public radio station or WXYT 97.1 the Detroit area sports station we all either love to love or love to hate.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic