(Message from M.W. as of 4/15/2018): The Buzzboard has made its triumphant return to the Tapatalk mobile app! Thanks everyone for your patience. All new acct registrations in the queue as of 4/15 at 8:15a ET have been activated.

(Note: hover your mouse pointer near the upper right corner of this box and click the "x" to close it.)

Grundig G3

The place to chat about audio/video devices & software, computer hardware & software, and other electronic gadgets.
Turkeytop

Grundig G3

Post by Turkeytop » Wed Mar 19, 2014 10:57 pm

Grundig G3. Do any of you have one of these?

It has a flip up stand on the back to support it in a semi-upright position. The stand on mine broke. I ordered a replacement piece from Grundig, but I don't know how to install it It has two small pins in the upper right and left corners that go into two corresponding openings in the back of the radio. I can get one or the other in, but not both. Have any of you ever done this repair?

audiophile

Re: Grundig G3

Post by audiophile » Thu Mar 20, 2014 11:48 am

Put plate in hot sun to soften. Insert one side, then push really hard while trying to bow it slightly.

This is general advice - not specific to this model.
Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Thu Mar 20, 2014 1:08 pm

Have you ever tried it? Does it work?

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Thu Mar 20, 2014 3:17 pm

Yes, very similar...it did work.

The main thing is bow plastic plastic slightly.
Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Fri Mar 21, 2014 9:19 pm

Thanks for the tip. Made the job easy. The sun was really hot today, so I set it out in the sun for about 5 minutes on top of a black, rubber doormat my wife has. I picked it up, squeezed it from the ends and it snapped right in.

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Sat Mar 22, 2014 6:23 am

:D

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Sat Mar 22, 2014 10:07 pm

Before posting my question here, I tried using google to search for an answer. No luck.

But now when I type in the query

"grundig g3 repair flip out stand"

on google, it links me right to this thread. So you not only helped me, you also helped countless others who may be having the same problem.

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Sun Mar 23, 2014 6:51 am

Cool. Glad I could be of assistance.

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Fri Oct 30, 2015 9:22 pm

I have several radios with the same kind of fold down, kickstand at the back. It's the weakest part on the radio. Those tiny plastic pins on which it swivels are bound to break eventually just like on the G3.

I've been looking for something I could use to prop the radio without using the fold down stand.

I found this today. It's called the Mobile Spider Stand. The legs are strong but flexible and can be bent to any shape and will hold that shape. The package suggests it can be used for cameras, GPS, Tablets and smart phones.

But it also works pretty good for a radio.

I'm going to pick up one more to take to Florida.

BTW, today, after 19 months, google still directs me to this thread when I post the query "grundig g3 repair flip out stand"

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Sun Apr 08, 2018 10:49 pm

Turkeytop wrote:
Fri Oct 30, 2015 9:22 pm
I have several radios with the same kind of fold down, kickstand at the back. It's the weakest part on the radio. Those tiny plastic pins on which it swivels are bound to break eventually just like on the G3.

I've been looking for something I could use to prop the radio without using the fold down stand.

I found this today. It's called the Mobile Spider Stand. The legs are strong but flexible and can be bent to any shape and will hold that shape. The package suggests it can be used for cameras, GPS, Tablets and smart phones.

But it also works pretty good for a radio.

I'm going to pick up one more to take to Florida.

BTW, today, after 19 months, google still directs me to this thread when I post the query "grundig g3 repair flip out stand"

After 4 years one can still Google that query and get linked to this thread. I just tried it.

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Sun Apr 15, 2018 10:17 am

Can't believe it was four years ago. My search gave same results.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic