Hello! Welcome to the Michigan Radio & TV Buzzboard. All accepted new account registrations through 12-09-2017 at 9:00a ET have been activated. I apologize for the delay in activating new accounts.

(Note: hover your mouse pointer near the upper right corner of this box and click the "x" to close it.)

Firefox Issues

The place to chat about audio/video devices & software, computer hardware & software, and other electronic gadgets.
Turkeytop

Firefox Issues

Post by Turkeytop » Mon Nov 20, 2017 7:38 pm

Last night when I opened up Firefox a message came on the screen saying that Firefox was installing updates and it would start up shortly.

It did, but now half of my bookmarks are lost. Those that are left are all scrambled and disorganized. They're mostly old ones I don't even use anymore

Whereas, usually at the right end of the address bar, there was always a circular arrow that could be clicked to refresh the page. That refresh arrow is now gone.

Has anyone else encountered these issues with Firefox?

Looks like I might have to delete all of the bookmarks and start fresh

Turkeytop

Re: Firefox Issues

Post by Turkeytop » Mon Nov 20, 2017 8:40 pm

Found the missing bookmarks and found the missing Refresh button. For some reason they decided to keep them hidden. You have to look for them.

ZenithCKLW

Post by ZenithCKLW » Mon Nov 20, 2017 9:27 pm

A new version of Firefox was released. You can right click on and customize the toolbar so you can pick the buttons that stay.

Calvert DeForest

Post by Calvert DeForest » Wed Nov 29, 2017 1:21 pm

Two things I've noticed:

The download icon in the upper-right corner is hidden by default, even when downloads are in progress. If you want to see the icon consistently, you need to specify so in the Customize menu.

Many of the add-ons that were compatible with Firefox 56 and below no longer work with Firefox 57. From what I've read it has to do with the way Firefox had updated their script with the release of Version 57. It's up to the extension developers to update their scripts for compatibility with the new release. Many have, but there are still a lot of extensions that haven't caught up. If you have an extension that says "Legacy", it ain't gonna play with the new Firefox. In Mozilla's defense, developers were informed of the change a couple of months in advance of the release.

Overall I like this latest version. I just think the communication with end users about changes down the pike could have been handled better.
I'm not a partisan - I'm just here for the free doughnuts!

Plate Cap

Post by Plate Cap » Fri Dec 01, 2017 9:09 am

They apparently fixed a nasty (for me) issue with video card / video memory problems. After working with FF for a day or so, it would suddenly digress into a flashing and distorted video display.

Only on Firefox. Caused me to start using Chrome for a while....but I notice it's not happening any more, and I'm back to FF.
The box that many broadcasters won’t look outside of was made in 1969 and hasn’t changed significantly since.

TheForce

Post by TheForce » Tue Dec 05, 2017 12:28 pm

I'm not really sure why Firefox hides some of the more popular features and makes you hunt them down in order to enable them.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic