Hello! Welcome to the Michigan Radio & TV Buzzboard. All accepted new account registrations through 11-14-2017 at 8:00p ET have been activated. I apologize for the delay in activating new accounts.

Want to know Buzzboard readers' thoughts on the Cumulus debt restructuring proposal? Check out the thread in the "Broadcasting - General" forum!

(Note: hover your mouse pointer near the upper right corner of this box and click the "x" to close it.)

Oh, Comcast...

The place to chat about audio/video devices & software, computer hardware & software, and other electronic gadgets.
MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Oh, Comcast...

Post by MWmetalhead » Mon Nov 06, 2017 7:18 pm

http://www.businessinsider.com/comcast- ... es-2017-11

Interestingly enough, I had no outage issues today but *did* experience an outage Friday morning.
C'mon iHeartRadio - do the RIGHT thing for once! Please cancel "Rover's Morning Glory" from WBFX in Grand Rapids.

SolarMax

Re: Oh, Comcast...

Post by SolarMax » Tue Nov 07, 2017 11:20 am

In Detroit, I started noticing problems a bit before 1pm. Images in mail messages and on Facebook wouldn’t load. Then, pages would not referesh, etc. Went to LTE data network to check DownDetector and saw the outage map and hundreds of comments from all over. Checked the @comcastcares twitter feed. Hundreds of reports there too,but Comcast's Twitter was totally oblivious to all of this, doling out the scripted replies, until the outage (apparently at backbone provider Level 3) had been had been resolved after a couple of hours.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Re: Oh, Comcast...

Post by MWmetalhead » Tue Nov 07, 2017 6:12 pm

The outage map was lit like a Christmas tree again this morning!

I encountered a full outage of video and internet that lasted about 50 minutes.
C'mon iHeartRadio - do the RIGHT thing for once! Please cancel "Rover's Morning Glory" from WBFX in Grand Rapids.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic