Acceptable registrations in the queue through April 26 at 9:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Audacy confirms plans for subscription audio offering

A place to discuss national and regional television and radio programming.
n8fnr

Audacy confirms plans for subscription audio offering

Post by n8fnr » Thu Jan 25, 2024 2:25 pm

Deleted User 16173

Re: Audacy confirms plans for subscription audio offering

Post by Deleted User 16173 » Thu Jan 25, 2024 2:59 pm

It will never be a big deal. Audacy will never be as popular as iHeart in subscription service. Just look at the app downloads on Google Play for Audacy 5 million and iHeart 50 million. Audacy has a terrible app and website that needs to be improved drastically, iHearts app is more user friendly. Good luck Audacy on your subscription venture but I will never subscribe.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Fri Jan 26, 2024 7:15 am

There are already fifty zillion audio streaming services out there. Audacy is a day late and a dollar (more like hundreds of millions of dollars) short.

Money would be better spent improving their OTA radio brands.
Morgan Wallen is a piece of garbage.

Deleted User 16173

Post by Deleted User 16173 » Fri Jan 26, 2024 8:15 am

MWmetalhead wrote:
Fri Jan 26, 2024 7:15 am
There are already fifty zillion audio streaming services out there. Audacy is a day late and a dollar (more like hundreds of millions of dollars) short.

Money would be better spent improving their OTA radio brands.
💯 They can start by fixing the audio chain on WOMC. What a terrible sound, that split second glitch is irritating as hell.

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Mon Jan 29, 2024 7:53 am

"Free" streaming is a disaster. What other platforms charge you for every song you play, multiplied by the number of listeners? It's a "popularity penalty". What if record companies in the past charged you every time you played a song on your iPod, CD or record? Outrageous, you'd say...well that is what they are doing now.

I suppose if the AD economy was booming, you could sell ads to cover it. Of course, AFTRA wants to be paid double for ADS aired on streaming platforms, so there pretty much goes all the profit...

Paid streaming is the new "paywall" for radio.
Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

Deleted User 16173

Post by Deleted User 16173 » Mon Jan 29, 2024 10:48 am

audiophile wrote:
Mon Jan 29, 2024 7:53 am
"Free" streaming is a disaster. What other platforms charge you for every song you play, multiplied by the number of listeners? It's a "popularity penalty". What if record companies in the past charged you every time you played a song on your iPod, CD or record? Outrageous, you'd say...well that is what they are doing now.

I suppose if the AD economy was booming, you could sell ads to cover it. Of course, AFTRA wants to be paid double for ADS aired on streaming platforms, so there pretty much goes all the profit...

Paid streaming is the new "paywall" for radio.
Royalties may be a bit different if you’re an Audacy or IHeart. I think you have a blanket royalty fee due to the over the air stations offset the fees. But, I could be mistaken.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic