Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Am I the only one who's tired of Jimmy Fallon's format?

A place to discuss national and regional television and radio programming.
F-Squared

Am I the only one who's tired of Jimmy Fallon's format?

Post by F-Squared » Wed Jul 17, 2019 11:49 pm

He's kinda like the Ellen of late night now. He doesn't really have good sketches imo, and to me, it seems like he's worn down from 2015-now. His time on late night imo was much better than the tonight show and I really hope Seth Meyers eventually gets the Tonight Show because I absolutely love Late Night with Seth Meyers and that's basically the only reason why I stay up to watch Fallon.
Last edited by F-Squared on Wed Jul 17, 2019 11:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Graham Wellington

Re: Am I the only one who's tired of Jimmy Fallon's format?

Post by Graham Wellington » Thu Jul 18, 2019 2:00 pm

Yes, because the 1135 slot needs another source of left wing crying.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Thu Jul 18, 2019 2:02 pm

What?

Sobriety has not been kind to Jimmy's career.

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

km1125

Post by km1125 » Thu Jul 18, 2019 7:29 pm

I used to enjoy all the late night shows, but it's pretty hard to even tolerate them now Colbert and Kimmel have obvious unfunny agendas and I think Fallon lately has just been plain boring

F-Squared

Post by F-Squared » Thu Jul 18, 2019 7:43 pm

Graham Wellington wrote:Yes, because the 1135 slot needs another source of left wing crying.
Can we please keep politics out of this? I'm talking about the general entertainment of the show.

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Thu Jul 18, 2019 8:09 pm

The format was getting tired long before Fallon came along.

Tell a few lame jokes then bring on the guest. Some celebrity who is full oh himself. Goes on and on for about twenty minutes with the mundane details of his life, like how he burnt his toast yesterday. We're all supposed to be fascinated by it.

I started out with nothing and I still have most of it.

F-Squared

Post by F-Squared » Thu Jul 18, 2019 8:51 pm

Turkeytop wrote:The format was getting tired long before Fallon came along.

Tell a few lame jokes then bring on the guest. Some celebrity who is full oh himself. Goes on and on for about twenty minutes with the mundane details of his life, like how he burnt his toast yesterday. We're all supposed to be fascinated by it.
I think it's actually the celebrities to blame and not the show in that regard. I find most of Fallon's guests uninteresting and chosen only because they're overly popular. However, on Late Night with Seth Meyers, they usually pick people who are obscure at the least, and known but not household names at most. It's the right blend and it pays off imo. To me in particular, I'm also tired of his game gimmicks that he does on shows.

F-Squared

Post by F-Squared » Thu Jul 18, 2019 8:52 pm

Jeff Dugan wrote:If the shows contain political satire then it’s political.
Yeah but I'm talking about general entertainment and I would prefer we don't bring politics into this because what I don't want here is a political shitstorm, so if we could not talk about politics in this thread and focus on how entertaining the show is like the topic states, that would be greatly appreciated.

Edit: As a follow-up, it's fine to talk about the political satire, but if you don't keep it neutral like you and Graham did not do then it turns into an argument which is not what I want here

Splouge

Post by Splouge » Fri Jul 19, 2019 12:30 pm

Jeff Dugan wrote:
Fri Jul 19, 2019 8:25 am
F-Squared wrote:
Thu Jul 18, 2019 8:52 pm
Jeff Dugan wrote:If the shows contain political satire then it’s political.
Yeah but I'm talking about general entertainment and I would prefer we don't bring politics into this because what I don't want here is a political shitstorm, so if we could not talk about politics in this thread and focus on how entertaining the show is like the topic states, that would be greatly appreciated.

Edit: As a follow-up, it's fine to talk about the political satire, but if you don't keep it neutral like you and Graham did not do then it turns into an argument which is not what I want here
Fair enough, I’ll respect your wishes and you’re correct there is to much political BS on this board.
I'd rather re-subscribe to Comcast than have anything to do with politics!

"Wanna watch some syndicated slop with very little budget or entertainment value? You got it buddy!"

-Byron "The Broadcast Butcher" Allen

thekman

Post by thekman » Wed Jul 24, 2019 9:29 pm

The only late-night host I truly enjoy is James Corden. Fallon amused me for the first few years, but now it’s just boring to me. Grow up and stop playing stupid games already. You’re not a teenager, stop giggling all the time.

I’ve never been a Kimmel fan, other than way back on Win Ben Stein’s Money. I enjoyed Colbert on Comedy Central, but I don’t know, I guess I’m just tired of politics these days.

I must admit, I’ve never given Seth a try. As I said, I’m a Corden fan, so I typically don’t watch Seth. I liked Seth with Amy Poehler on Weekend Update, enjoyed that. But stopped watching once he went solo.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Wed Jul 24, 2019 9:47 pm

Kimmel's monologue delivery is miserable; always has been. Too bad. Was pretty good on The Man Show on Comedy Central many moons ago; ditto for Win Ben Stein's Money. As soon as Kimmel lost weight, he lost much of his sense of humor it seems.

Fallon is just an annoying douche, but I will admit he does come up with creative bits at times.

Colbert is funny but has too many obscure hipster types as guests. Also sick of the overt attempts to be "P.C.," such as the female announcer at the start of the show. And just WTF is that musical device that his band leader plays?

Y M Ionhere

Post by Y M Ionhere » Wed Jul 24, 2019 11:24 pm

I think Fallon is the most tolerable.
I won’t watch Seth anymore. Just an angry liberal who bashes Republicans. He acts like he wants to be an MSNBC host. He is no longer funny. It’s all political, negative, angry, and often utterly lacking in humor. Fallon actually uses a lot of humor and he is more lighthearted. He is good to unwind to before bed. Myers just pushes politics. If you disagree with him, he makes you angry. If you agree with him, he makes you angry at whatever he is ranting about. Not really what I look for in a monologue. I also feel like he interacts better with his guests. The show is supposed to be entertaining. A guy getting angry at Trump and then having serious conversations with pretentious guests doesn’t do it for me. Jokes, interactive games, songs and casual banter with guests is much more in the spirit of Johnny Carson and better to unwind to. And yes, I actually do chuckle at some of Fallon’s material.

fuzzpower

Post by fuzzpower » Thu Jul 25, 2019 8:33 am

Fallon has never been funny, same with Colbert.

I echo MW’s comments about Kimmel.

Realist

Post by Realist » Thu Jul 25, 2019 8:35 pm

Watched and recorded Fallon when he first started on the Tonight Show. After a while, he began to bore me with everything being the best or most awesome. His humor borders on stupid at times and the giggling like a school girl drives me crazy.

It’s very rare if I watch Kimmel. I just don’t find him funny.

If I’m up, I’m watching Colbert. His attacks on tRump’s stupidity and repeated asinine policy decisions crack me up

Deleted User 4520

Post by Deleted User 4520 » Fri Jul 26, 2019 4:11 pm

All late night hosts are terrible. Same as SNL....all politics jokes. Not funnny really and unoriginal. Honestly it's a turn off. Can't I watch something without having politics interjected?

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic