Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Justin Amash

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
bmw

Justin Amash

Post by bmw » Tue May 21, 2019 11:44 pm

I have read his entire statement on twitter. I find him to be one of the few principled people in Congress. I strongly disagree with his conclusions regarding the impeachment of Trump, but I respect his position because I believe it is one of principle.

I do NOT like the way the mainstream media has come out of the woodwork to give him fame (they're only using him to further their own agenda), nor do I like orchestrated character assassination coming from people on the right on talk radio. The right-wing media is engaged in a full-blown smear campaign of Amash based on what I have heard, which is kind of ironic given how they constantly complain that the left-wing media is conspiring to take out Trump. I think people like Mark Levin view Amash as a direct threat to Trump winning in 2020, so instead of debating his position on the merits, they're out to destroy him.

screen glare

Re: Justin Amash

Post by screen glare » Wed May 22, 2019 12:29 am

You betcha.

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Wed May 22, 2019 8:32 am

bmw wrote:
Tue May 21, 2019 11:44 pm
I have read his entire statement on twitter. I find him to be one of the few principled people in Congress. I strongly disagree with his conclusions regarding the impeachment of Trump, but I respect his position because I believe it is one of principle.

I do NOT like the way the mainstream media has come out of the woodwork to give him fame (they're only using him to further their own agenda), nor do I like orchestrated character assassination coming from people on the right on talk radio. The right-wing media is engaged in a full-blown smear campaign of Amash based on what I have heard, which is kind of ironic given how they constantly complain that the left-wing media is conspiring to take out Trump. I think people like Mark Levin view Amash as a direct threat to Trump winning in 2020, so instead of debating his position on the merits, they're out to destroy him.
Mark Levin didn't like Trump either until after the primary. Amash is at least consistent, even if you disagree.

Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

FET-500

Post by FET-500 » Wed May 22, 2019 12:42 pm

Amash sells shitty imported tools and his bottom line has been hit by Trump. MIT/Tektronix is the family business.

Matt

Post by Matt » Wed May 22, 2019 7:21 pm

bmw wrote:
Tue May 21, 2019 11:44 pm

100% agree. I was hopeful Amash would run for Senate next yeat, but that seems unlikely.

What's more pathetic: harassing an old man who is paying to do a radio show or supporting a grifter like Trump?

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Thu May 23, 2019 11:12 pm

He won't win.

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

screen glare

Post by screen glare » Fri May 24, 2019 9:20 am

Amash has forever reserved his place in history as a highly principled and heroic figure. He is a brave man. He is speaking truth to power. And he is doing so while standing alone.

The other men and women of his political party know he is correct. However they have yellow stripes down their spines. They have chosen “safety in (their party’s) numbers” over The Constitution of The United States of America.

They will eventually turn when they feel it is safe to do so. They will be among the unremarkable who history will lump together as a cowardly, unprincipled, odorous herd.

Y M Ionhere

Post by Y M Ionhere » Fri May 24, 2019 9:35 am

screen glare wrote:
Fri May 24, 2019 9:20 am
Amash has forever reserved his place in history as a highly principled and heroic figure. He is a brave man. He is speaking truth to power. And he is doing so while standing alone.

The other men and women of his political party know he is correct. However they have yellow stripes down their spines. They have chosen “safety in (their party’s) numbers” over The Constitution of The United States of America.

They will eventually turn when they feel it is safe to do so. They will be among the unremarkable who history will lump together as a cowardly, unprincipled, odorous herd.
Youre first paragraph sounds very similar to everything the left, particularly the media figures who wear their politics on their sleeves, said about Michael Avenatti. We see how well that turned out for them.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Fri May 24, 2019 9:56 am

I agree with BMW 100 percent on this.

Audio raises a great point about Levin, who in my view, is somewhat of a phony. He only wraps himself in the Constitution when doing so is expedient for himself and rallying support for high profile candidates for office.

I'm with Matt on this, too. Would love to see Amash run for Senate.

I, too, thought of the Amash family's oversea tools business(the type of stuff one might find at Harbor Freight). However, I don't see how Amash taking a position that could severely injure his chances of political survival helps that cause.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Fri May 24, 2019 9:59 am

Some conservative pundits are defending Mr. Amash. Ingrid from the Detroit News wrote a piece defending (if not praising)him this morning.

She is easily the most conservative editorial page writer in this town.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Tue May 28, 2019 9:36 pm

If tonight's town hall in Grand Rapids is any indication, opponents of Justin Amash are going to need to do a LOT of heavy lifting to have any hope of defeating him in the 2020 GOP primary.

Those who either (a) agree with Justin's stance on Trump/ Mueller or (b) respect his stance seem to outnumber those who are disappointed or appalled by Amash's open support for impeachment.

He openly debated an avid Trump supporter for ten minutes - would love to see the video of that - and the audience was starting to boo the Trump supporter!

https://www.detroitnews.com/story/news/ ... 254406001/

FET-500

Post by FET-500 » Wed May 29, 2019 12:54 pm

Y M Ionhere wrote:
Fri May 24, 2019 9:35 am
screen glare wrote:
Fri May 24, 2019 9:20 am

Youre first paragraph sounds very similar to everything the left, particularly the media figures who wear their politics on their sleeves, said about Michael Avenatti. We see how well that turned out for them.
4chan really had their way with Avenatti. The Rachel Madow interview was classic. The woman with dirt on Brett Kavanaugh, that Michael was so excited about, was the stripper girlfriend of one of the trolls on /pol/. #goldenshowers

screen glare

Post by screen glare » Wed May 29, 2019 1:30 pm

4Chan

Consider the source.

Grain of salt time.

Just sayin’.

screen glare

Post by screen glare » Wed May 29, 2019 1:54 pm

The first time Avenatti said he wanted to run for president was clear evidence he was just like Trump - a sociopathic con artist. And we should have realized it because Trump attracts bad actors like himself. Birds of a feather. Like Barr and all the rest.

bmw

Post by bmw » Wed May 29, 2019 8:42 pm

Amash has too much of a following to be defeated in the primaries. I would also point out that Michigan has an open primary system - it wouldn't surprise me if some democrats come out to vote for him just in the primaries because of his impeach-Trump stance.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic