All new acct registrations in the queue as of 10/14 at 10:00a ET have been activated. Want to share your favorite Buzzboard posts with your social media page readers? Now, there's an easy way to do it! Visit this page for instructions: viewtopic.php?f=39&t=47643

(Note: hover your mouse pointer near the upper right corner of this box and click the "x" to close it.)

The Tonight Show starring Jimmy Fallon

A place to discuss national and regional television and radio programming.
In The Bleachers

The Tonight Show starring Jimmy Fallon

Post by In The Bleachers » Wed Feb 21, 2018 11:46 pm

Have any of you heard of the two cameramen getting fired from the Tonight Show?
In a nutshell, some lewd texting got received by staff and band members. Nobody forwarded the text, the two cameramen told NBC what they had received. Here's a link to one of the 4 or 5 articles I read. All I've read say the same thing. The band leader told NBC to fire just the two cameramen. The thing is, 4 different articles say the same thing. The band leader told NBC to fire the cameramen.

The band leader? Nobody on Kimmel better get Cleto mad.

http://www.philly.com/philly/entertainm ... 80125.html

Nothing will change until ALL incumbents are voted out of office.

bmw

Re: The Tonight Show starring Jimmy Fallon

Post by bmw » Thu Feb 22, 2018 7:58 am

On the surface the lawsuit sounds frivolous to me. Gotta be more to it because it just doesn't make much sense.

Plate Cap

Post by Plate Cap » Thu Feb 22, 2018 10:15 am

My read of it is they upset the band leader by reporting the text message, and he needed to deal with it.

Should be interesting as more info comes out. I'll bet him a set of drum sticks he won't like the facts coming out.

The box that many broadcasters won’t look outside of was made in 1969 and hasn’t changed significantly since.

bmw

Post by bmw » Thu Feb 22, 2018 10:55 am

Here's the actual complaint:

https://www.courthousenews.com/wp-conte ... questo.pdf

Basically at the core of the allegations are that 3 employees received the text message - 2 are white and 1 is black. The 2 whites were fired, the black was not, and therefore race must have been why they were fired.

Without knowing more of the facts---
-who was the "stagehand" who sent the text?
-what were the actual contents of the text?
-are the plaintiff's allegations that Questlove wanted all whites fired based on firsthand information?

It is really difficult for me to conclude that race was a factor. Seems like the plaintiffs would have an easier time proving wrongful termination on grounds other than race because the termination DOES look fishy at least based on what is in the complaint.

In The Bleachers

Post by In The Bleachers » Thu Feb 22, 2018 1:55 pm

Plate Cap wrote:
Thu Feb 22, 2018 10:15 am
My read of it is they upset the band leader by reporting the text message, and he needed to deal with it.
Well, I do agree with bmw that there must be more to this story. Like I said in my OP, I went and found 4 or 5 different articles looking for another side to this, but they all say the same thing.

But one thing that really don't sound right is what I quoted from your post.
The band leader has a say in the firing of stagehands?

In my opinion, that's the most perplexing part of the story.
I read thru the court paper that BMW posted, and I wonder if Kelly is an NBC employee. The cameramen would be. But is the band just "independent contractors" working for Questlove? That would mean NBC couldn't fire him if they wanted to.
Last edited by In The Bleachers on Thu Feb 22, 2018 2:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

craig11152

Post by craig11152 » Thu Feb 22, 2018 2:01 pm

In The Bleachers wrote:
Thu Feb 22, 2018 1:55 pm

Well, I do agree with bmw that there must be more to this story. Like I said in my OP, I went and found 4 or 5 different articles looking for another side to this, but they all say the same thing.

But one thing that really don't sound right is what I quoted from your post.
The band leader has a say in the firing of stagehands?

In my opinion, that's the most perplexing part of the story.
I find often a story like that has several news sources quoting the same original source. So they all say the same because they are just regurgitating one story.

To me the most perplexing part is that someone could get fired for receiving a text. Am I misreading this story? the guys fired didn't send a text they received one. How is that a fire-able offense?

In The Bleachers

Post by In The Bleachers » Thu Feb 22, 2018 2:29 pm

craig11152 wrote:
Thu Feb 22, 2018 2:01 pm
To me the most perplexing part is that someone could get fired for receiving a text. Am I misreading this story? the guys fired didn't send a text they received one. How is that a fire-able offense?
I wonder about that.
Reading it chronologically, the court document says they did tell other people about it.
Then it says they told management.
Does the first mean the second? Or did they indeed tell others before management?
I believe sentence #28 could be read either way. What the document says is they didn't forward it.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic