Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Ketamine for Depression

A place to talk about any topic on your mind (non-broadcasting related). General conversation.
stopnswop2

Ketamine for Depression

Post by stopnswop2 » Mon Feb 25, 2019 5:15 pm

Just saw an article about the new practice by one psychiatrist of using Esaketamine nasal spray for treatment resistant depression.

I would like to hear your thoughts on this.

Music is my life.

Bryce

Re: Ketamine for Depression

Post by Bryce » Mon Feb 25, 2019 5:43 pm

My father authored a study where pleanty of exercise and a good swift kick in the ass did wonders for depression.

New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

stopnswop2

Post by stopnswop2 » Mon Feb 25, 2019 6:04 pm

Exercise releases endorphins. That will provide only a mild and relatively short relief.
Unless you plan to exercise 24/7, that won't help.

Also, a high percentage of treatment resistant depression is caused by a physical depletion of endorphins, rather than the Monamines, also known as "Endogenous Depression"

I hope your father was not a serious "researcher"

Music is my life.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Tue Feb 26, 2019 5:55 am

Try 60 minutes of low impact exercise and a sadd light. Better yet, head to the mall and start walking.

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

Ben Zonia

Post by Ben Zonia » Tue Feb 26, 2019 6:53 am

You might want to try Vitamin D3, 1000-5000 IU daily. It will cure SAD in a large percentage of cases. Why risk the "Special K" before trying something simple and OTC?

"I had a job for a while as an announcer at WWV but I finally quit, because I couldn't stand the hours."

-Author Unknown

FET-500

Post by FET-500 » Tue Feb 26, 2019 8:17 am

stopnswop2 wrote:
Mon Feb 25, 2019 6:04 pm
Exercise releases endorphins. That will provide only a mild and relatively short relief.
Unless you plan to exercise 24/7, that won't help.

Also, a high percentage of treatment resistant depression is caused by a physical depletion of endorphins, rather than the Monamines, also known as "Endogenous Depression"

I hope your father was not a serious "researcher"
Pretty much this guy is correct. You need to get off of your ass. What do I know? Not much but my BFF is a former U.S.O.C. coach/ Qigong master.

Deleted User 9015

Post by Deleted User 9015 » Wed Feb 27, 2019 2:52 am

I been messing with nootropics recently, and I gotta say, if you are looking for some light boosts in euphoria, there are some interesting products out there. That said, I would only recommend these when you are gonna have a day off the next day or if youre gonna be bumming around for a weekend. Kratom and phenibut can be fun, but they're short-term solutions if you have a problem. Phenibut is also great if you need to be sociable and either have soc anxiety or not feeling like dealing with people. Again, responsible use is rare use, but taking a good phenibut/kratom combo then going for a walk around Somerset is good times.

stopnswop2

Post by stopnswop2 » Wed Feb 27, 2019 4:51 pm

I would never recommend anything that causes Euphoria for long term treatment of Major Depression.
This will actually make it worse over time.

I'm in the process of trying to come up with new formula to patent actually

Music is my life.

stopnswop2

Post by stopnswop2 » Wed Feb 27, 2019 5:07 pm

As for everyone that says to "get off your ass".

Major Depressive Disorder caused by an imbalance of the Monamines has a hallmark symptom of Psychomotor Retardation.
That means you have slowed movement and slowed speech. This can even lead to states of catatonia.

Depression is a very complex disorder.
It is not just a case of "the blues".
Being sad is a normal human emotion, not a mental disorder.

Many people with depression are not even sad at all.

Music is my life.

Deleted User 9015

Post by Deleted User 9015 » Wed Feb 27, 2019 8:06 pm

stopnswop2 wrote:
Wed Feb 27, 2019 4:51 pm
I would never recommend anything that causes Euphoria for long term treatment of Major Depression.
This will actually make it worse over time.

I'm in the process of trying to come up with new formula to patent actually
Same. That's why they're best as a recreation.

Ed Joseph

Post by Ed Joseph » Sun Mar 17, 2019 1:46 am

One thing I've noticed that medicine seems to be overlooking. That is, some people are depressed because they are trapped in a very unfavorable situation, not because of serotonin levels per se. When you medicate these people, they often get *more depressed* from the antidepressants. Docs assume the dosage is too low, jack it up further still, and the next thing you know, the person is dead, more often than not, from suicide. I've seen this way too many times in my life. But, naturally, big pharma won't disclose those little facts and even continue to cover them up even after the problem has been exposed.

I confirm all my information through a high, white whore's souse!

stopnswop2

Post by stopnswop2 » Sun Mar 17, 2019 1:51 am

People that are having normal emotional reactions to stress do not need medication.
That Is not depression.

Music is my life.

Ed Joseph

Post by Ed Joseph » Sun Mar 17, 2019 6:40 pm

It isn't. But so many docs are nothing but pill-pushers and don't even understand what they are doing. Then, you have Big Pharma ads all over TV, small wonder. "You should ask your doc to put you on that, hon" type shit. Meds should NOT be advertised on TV, IMO.

Also, I started taking 5000IU of D3 a day about a month ago. I have to say, I really do feel a bit better and less, "blaaaah" than I did.

zzand

Post by zzand » Sun Mar 17, 2019 6:51 pm

Ed you bring up an interesting point. How many people end up on depression drugs because the doctor find it to be a simple cure all diagnosis? And how many people, thanks to the commercials you mention along with WebdMD and google, convince themselves they are depressed and the doctor goes for it and writes a script?
I had a family doctor for years that was good but was always trying to write a script for pain pills whether I needed them or not.

Ed Joseph

Post by Ed Joseph » Sun Mar 17, 2019 7:07 pm

zzand, I really think there are a lot of doctors who aren't truly *listening* to their patients. We are lucky that we have a doctor affiliated with a small, local hospital in a small town. He takes as much time as we need, none of this "hand on the doorknob, I'll be right back, I have to take this call" crap that is so typical around the Flint area. The cost comes in having to drive from Flint to Allegan every month to see him. It's a pain, but we do it. It wasn't a problem when we were staying 8 months a year at Sandy Pines, but we had to let that go.

But I have been through all three medical groups in Genesee county, and the only doc I had that was any good got terminated for not seeing enough patients a day. I still do not think there are any truly "good" docs left in Genesee county. Most have left for greener pastures long ago. I can't say I blame them, as medical facilities in Genesee county has basically turned into Taco Bells of medicine.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic