Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Classic Rock and Classic Country Hybrid Format

Topics of general interest that just don't fit anywhere else.
Deleted User 14888

Classic Rock and Classic Country Hybrid Format

Post by Deleted User 14888 » Fri Feb 15, 2019 8:17 pm

What do all of you out there think of a Hybrid Format that has elements of Classic Rock, Southern Rock and Classic Country, Would it work in Detroit or anywhere in Michigan, You would here songs from The Eagles, The Charlie Daniels Band, Johnny Cash, Bob Seger, Elvis Presley, Janis Joplin, The Allman Brothers Band, Charlie Rich, Lynyrd Skynyrd, Willie Nelson, America, 38 Special, Molly Hatchet, The Doobie Brothers, Dr. Hook And The Medicine Show, The Grateful Dead, Dr. John, The Ozark Mountain Daredevils, Dolly Parton, Barbara Mandrell, Juice Newton and a Pick Up Truck more of Groups and Artists, Now this type of format has been around for years mainly down south but could it work up in this area, What do you all think?

Deleted User 4520

Re: Classic Rock and Classic Country Hybrid Format

Post by Deleted User 4520 » Sat Feb 16, 2019 8:43 am

I'm not sure, classic rock is hit and miss for me. Never really been into southern rock to be honest. However I like the classic country format...everything 90's and earlier...similar to what DUKE FM does. I feel country stations only play what is current and largely ignore what came before it. Wish I had DUKE FM up here in Grayling.

Deleted User 14888

Post by Deleted User 14888 » Sat Feb 16, 2019 10:35 am

Yes, Classic Country is needed in Detroit and elsewhere in the State, Even a strong AM signal would be great for that format, In Detroit likely canadates for this format WDFN AM 1130. WXYT AM 1270, WDRQ FM 93.1, WDTW FM 106.7 Those would be a perfect fit for Classic Country in The Motor City. And even try the Hybrid Format on any of these stations as well.

Realist

Post by Realist » Sun Feb 17, 2019 8:22 pm

What you’re describing is kind of what the then Mt Pleasant, now Saginaw’s 94.5 CEN (now known as the Moose) was. Their slogan was “Hot Rockin’ Country” and they played all of the southern rock you mentioned above. It was actually the only country station I could tolerate

borderboy653659200

Post by borderboy653659200 » Thu Mar 21, 2019 6:51 pm

That'd be GREAT !!!!! (My boy Jamie Logdson's eldest brother Brooke, who's something of a good ol' boy,loves the Ozark Mountain Daredevils' hit,"Jackie Blue,"who apparently wasn't 209-game winner Vida Blue's sister . )

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic