Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Wishing you the very best

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
Deleted User 24

Re: Wishing you the very best

Post by Deleted User 24 » Sat Dec 29, 2018 2:35 pm

The Instant Pot gets its first test tonight, a 3-pound rack of ribs.

The receipe requires 1/2 cup of bourbon. I bought my first bottle of liquor in 20 years this morning. When did they start selling hooch in plastic bottles?

Mega Hertz

Post by Mega Hertz » Sat Dec 29, 2018 5:05 pm

I'll be by around 6.

"Internet is no more like radio than intravenous feeding is like fine dining."
-TurkeyTop

Y M Ionhere

Post by Y M Ionhere » Sat Dec 29, 2018 9:10 pm

I like chinese food. Especially from restaurants that give discounts to our brave police officers.

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Sat Dec 29, 2018 10:03 pm

Y M Ionhere wrote:
Sat Dec 29, 2018 9:10 pm
I like chinese food. Especially from restaurants that give discounts to our brave police officers.

I started out with nothing and I still have most of it.

Deleted User 8570

Post by Deleted User 8570 » Sat Dec 29, 2018 10:39 pm

Turkeytop wrote:
Sat Dec 29, 2018 10:03 pm
Y M Ionhere wrote:
Sat Dec 29, 2018 9:10 pm

Tip of the cap to them...

Mega Hertz

Post by Mega Hertz » Sat Dec 29, 2018 10:59 pm

At last check, Sterling Heights police officers were still getting free drinks and donuts at Dunkin. I'd have no problem reaching into my pocket to purchase it for them.

I really wouldn't mind a Boston Creme donut right about now.

"Internet is no more like radio than intravenous feeding is like fine dining."
-TurkeyTop

screen glare

Post by screen glare » Sun Dec 30, 2018 4:27 am

My 2 cents? The Kozy Shack brand is unbeatable.
Their Tapioca pudding is best - if you like that particular food item. My mother’s long cooking warm homemade Tapioca had the best flavor, smell and texture, but if you’re going for pre-made then Kozy Shack is best by far. So are all their other puddings.

Re Instant Pots from Santa Claus - we got one at our house this year. My question is - what’s the best food you’ve eaten cooked in one of these counter top contraptions?

screen glare

Post by screen glare » Sun Dec 30, 2018 4:34 am

I like those Duluth Trading commercials. Funny. Has anybody here tried those work clothes? Tag line for the skivies: “No pinch, no stink, no sweat. Get a pair!“
Good ad. Memorable. Worth whatever they paid the ad agency.

Deleted User 24

Post by Deleted User 24 » Sun Dec 30, 2018 8:32 am

The ribs were great! Total cook time from turning on the pot to getting them on the plate was about an hour.

They look awful coming out of the pot, though. 27 minutes of high-pressure steaming leaves you with an ugly, grey slab of meat. You need to hit them up with barbecue sauce and then give them a few minutes under the broiler. You get beautiful color and caramelization that way.

Tender but not falling off the bone. I will gladly make them again.

I have a picture on my phone but can't figure out how to post it. I'll cop to being ignorant about that.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Sun Dec 30, 2018 9:00 am

Vic Doucette wrote:
Sun Dec 30, 2018 8:32 am
The ribs were great! Total cook time from turning on the pot to getting them on the plate was about an hour.

They look awful coming out of the pot, though. 27 minutes of high-pressure steaming leaves you with an ugly, grey slab of meat. You need to hit them up with barbecue sauce and then give them a few minutes under the broiler. You get beautiful color and caramelization that way.

Tender but not falling off the bone. I will gladly make them again.

I have a picture on my phone but can't figure out how to post it. I'll cop to being ignorant about that.
next time try putting half a stout in the bottom of the cooker. Adds amazing complexity.

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

zzand

Post by zzand » Sun Dec 30, 2018 10:04 am

My daughter does that with ribs and just about any meat she puts in a crock pot.

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Sun Dec 30, 2018 9:22 pm

lovinlife101 wrote:
Sun Dec 30, 2018 8:57 pm

Disliking food and perpetuating a stereotype are two things.

And no, Chinese restaurant owners are not sacrificing cats and serving you felines either.

What’s next? Grape soda, watermelon, and fried chicken? You make me sick.

You're such an a**hole.

I've read through every posting in this thread and you're the first one who has even made such a bizarre suggestion.

A dislike of a certain food in no way suggests that the food is adulterated or is being prepared contrary to health codes.

An expression of dislike for certain ethnic food is't an expression of dislike for the people. I have a good friend who is Chinese, from China. He says the "Chinese food," sold in North America is nothing like real Chinese food.

BTW. I also dislike sweet potato, squash, parsnip and rhubarb. What kind of a monster does that make me?

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Sun Dec 30, 2018 11:55 pm

Just went back to check who started this thread. Sure enough, it was LL. That's what he does. Starts threads for the sole purpose of trolling anyone who replies.

So pay attention, guys. Before replying on any thread, look back and see who originated it.

Deleted User 8570

Post by Deleted User 8570 » Mon Dec 31, 2018 12:55 am

lovinlife101 wrote:
Sun Dec 30, 2018 11:18 pm
Turkeytop wrote:
Sun Dec 30, 2018 9:22 pm
lovinlife101 wrote:
Sun Dec 30, 2018 8:57 pm

Disliking food and perpetuating a stereotype are two things.

And no, Chinese restaurant owners are not sacrificing cats and serving you felines either.

What’s next? Grape soda, watermelon, and fried chicken? You make me sick.

You're such an a**hole.

I've read through every posting in this thread and you're the first one who has even made such a bizarre suggestion.

A dislike of a certain food in no way suggests that the food is adulterated or is being prepared contrary to health codes.

An expression of dislike for certain ethnic food is't an expression of dislike for the people. I have a good friend who is Chinese, from China. He says the "Chinese food," sold in North America is nothing like real Chinese food.

BTW. I also dislike sweet potato, squash, parsnip and rhubarb. What kind of a monster does that make me?
Ah, profanity. When you have nothing intelligent to say, there’s always profanity and name-calling. You know the difference between what you said and bullying? Nothing. It’s a crime in March, so you better hope it’s not retroactive.

So you believe Chinese restaurants serve paper, string, and sponges to eat. And you believe that’s not contrary to health codes? Why not paint chips?

If you are so disrespectful by believing one’s ethics are so low as to serve non-edible items rather than food, you must also believe that all Chinese people are kung fu masters, are all short, and smart. I’m surprised you can type and pull back the outside corners of your eyes at the same time.
Let’s try an experiment:

LL is a genuinely intelligent and thoughtful poster and he starts threads to point out how much the other posters on here are actually trolls including myself. He/it is truly a godsend upon the board.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Mon Dec 31, 2018 6:21 am

I've known about your trolling problems for years TT. Did you stop taking your "Trollatall"?

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic