All new acct registrations in the queue as of 10/18 at 10:00p ET have been activated. Want to share your favorite Buzzboard posts with your social media page readers? Now, there's an easy way to do it! Visit this page for instructions: viewtopic.php?f=39&t=47643

(Note: hover your mouse pointer near the upper right corner of this box and click the "x" to close it.)

No More Scott Pelley on "CBS Evening News!"

A place to discuss national and regional television and radio programming.
In The Bleachers

Re: No More Scott Pelley on "CBS Evening News!"

Post by In The Bleachers » Thu Jun 29, 2017 5:25 pm

TheForce wrote:
Tue Jun 13, 2017 1:04 pm
I'd like to see Brian Williams get another shot. Yes, he did screw up but I always enjoyed this guys presentation.
Do you think the fib was worth the banishment? Or was you a little surprised (as I was) that he was dropped like third period French?

Nothing will change until ALL incumbents are voted out of office.

tvradiojunkie

Post by tvradiojunkie » Fri Oct 27, 2017 2:32 am

Pelley's replacement is..................Jeff Glor.

http://wlns.com/2017/10/25/cbs-names-je ... ws-anchor/

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Tue Nov 28, 2017 10:16 pm

CBS is such a dumpster fire right now that I would not be opposed to them hiring Brian Williams for CBS This Morning. He has spent enough time in purgatory; I think he has learned from his past mistakes. I think CBS This Morning would be a better fit for him than the evening news.

As for Mr. Glor, I've watched one of his evening newscasts so far. I'm not impressed. Why not hand the reins to Jane Pauley?

Radio's downfall has been under-investing in its core competency and becoming distracted by delusions of grandeur by thinking development of a half-assed national digital strategy will somehow put it on par with the Facebooks and Googles of the world.

high fidelity

Post by high fidelity » Wed Nov 29, 2017 11:55 am

The world of TV news is in chaos. Charlie Rose and Matt Lauer are now out of work due to sexual misconduct.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Thu Nov 30, 2017 7:06 am

Apparently, that wasn't Mr. Glor I saw anchoring on CBS a couple weeks back. It was a temporary anchor. Mr. Glor does not start until December 4. I have no idea who the fill-in was.

Radio's downfall has been under-investing in its core competency and becoming distracted by delusions of grandeur by thinking development of a half-assed national digital strategy will somehow put it on par with the Facebooks and Googles of the world.

tvradiojunkie

Post by tvradiojunkie » Fri Dec 01, 2017 12:53 am

MWmetalhead wrote:
Thu Nov 30, 2017 7:06 am
Apparently, that wasn't Mr. Glor I saw anchoring on CBS a couple weeks back. It was a temporary anchor. Mr. Glor does not start until December 4. I have no idea who the fill-in was.
Most likely Anthony Mason, who also co-anchors the Saturday edition of CBS This Morning. He's been filling in practically ever since Pelley's departure.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic