Hello! Welcome to the Michigan Radio & TV Buzzboard. All accepted new account registrations through 12-09-2017 at 9:00a ET have been activated. I apologize for the delay in activating new accounts.

(Note: hover your mouse pointer near the upper right corner of this box and click the "x" to close it.)

Network programming preemptions by individual stations

A place to discuss national and regional television and radio programming.
mtburb

Re: Network programming preemptions by individual stations

Post by mtburb » Fri Oct 20, 2017 7:08 pm

WDIV is preempting an L&O True Crime: The Menendez Murders rerun tonight for...of all things...a rare double-run of the WOF/J! hour, of course only the first hour has the new episodes.
For three days in January 2017 (15th, 16th, 19th) and one night in September 2017 (22nd), I managed to receive KDKA Pittsburgh from 202 miles away indoors!

My tropo station reception reports: https://www.rabbitears.info/dxlocation.php?id=403

80sTalkRadioFan

Post by 80sTalkRadioFan » Sat Oct 21, 2017 5:21 am

Not a bad swap, since True Crime can be viewed online or on demand any time. Looks like they're also preempting, or at least delay broadcasting a new episode of "The Blacklist" Wednesday the 25th to air the Detroit Mayoral debate.

mtburb

Post by mtburb » Sat Oct 21, 2017 11:32 pm

80sTalkRadioFan wrote:
Sat Oct 21, 2017 5:21 am
Not a bad swap, since True Crime can be viewed online or on demand any time. Looks like they're also preempting, or at least delay broadcasting a new episode of "The Blacklist" Wednesday the 25th to air the Detroit Mayoral debate.
At least they're preempting useless programming to make room for the delayed Blacklist...
For three days in January 2017 (15th, 16th, 19th) and one night in September 2017 (22nd), I managed to receive KDKA Pittsburgh from 202 miles away indoors!

My tropo station reception reports: https://www.rabbitears.info/dxlocation.php?id=403

mtburb

Post by mtburb » Thu Nov 09, 2017 11:26 am

Tonight's Wheel won't be seen on WDIV tonight due to TNF. They've moved J! to the Wheel slot tonight.

Interestingly enough, WTOL did this exact move earlier this season when CBS aired their share of TNF games.

sfpcc

Post by sfpcc » Thu Nov 09, 2017 12:29 pm

[quote=mtburb post_id=564065 time=1510244789 user_id=13667]
Tonight's Wheel won't be seen on WDIV tonight due to TNF. They've moved J! to the Wheel slot tonight.

Interestingly enough, WTOL did this exact move earlier this season when CBS aired their share of TNF games.

I might be because Jeopardy is doing its Tournament Of Champions this week.

80sTalkRadioFan

Post by 80sTalkRadioFan » Fri Nov 10, 2017 9:42 pm

It's a bit early, but taking a peak at the Thanksgiving schedule, no "Macy's Thanksgiving Parade" on WADL or any other Detroit station. WDIV has the local "America's Thanksgiving Parade" at the same time as NBC's coverage of Macy's. Maybe WDIV will put the New York parade on one of their subchannels. It's so nice to get WDIV as well as WNWO and be able to flip back and forth between the two parades. I think CBS shows a few different parades that morning.

Some Guy from Toledo

Post by Some Guy from Toledo » Sat Nov 11, 2017 12:18 am

80sTalkRadioFan wrote:
Fri Nov 10, 2017 9:42 pm
It's a bit early, but taking a peak at the Thanksgiving schedule, no "Macy's Thanksgiving Parade" on WADL or any other Detroit station. WDIV has the local "America's Thanksgiving Parade" at the same time as NBC's coverage of Macy's. Maybe WDIV will put the New York parade on one of their subchannels. It's so nice to get WDIV as well as WNWO and be able to flip back and forth between the two parades. I think CBS shows a few different parades that morning.
Well hopefully they would.

SolarMax

Post by SolarMax » Sat Nov 11, 2017 9:09 am

80sTalkRadioFan wrote:
... Maybe WDIV will put the New York parade on one of their subchannels. ...
In theory, that's a good idea. I've often thought that at least one of a station's subs could be used for supplemental local programming, continuing coverage of important news stories, etc. But, that requires committing money and resources, which owners are loath to do. Also, most of the "dot" channels are committed by contract to carry external networks, so probably not able to be preempted without penalty.

Some Guy from Toledo

Post by Some Guy from Toledo » Thu Nov 16, 2017 12:33 am

SolarMax wrote:
Sat Nov 11, 2017 9:09 am
80sTalkRadioFan wrote:
... Maybe WDIV will put the New York parade on one of their subchannels. ...
In theory, that's a good idea. I've often thought that at least one of a station's subs could be used for supplemental local programming, continuing coverage of important news stories, etc. But, that requires committing money and resources, which owners are loath to do. Also, most of the "dot" channels are committed by contract to carry external networks, so probably not able to be preempted without penalty.
Well that's pretty sad if people'll miss out for not being DX-ers.

mtburb

Post by mtburb » Tue Dec 12, 2017 6:37 pm

According at least to Zap2It, WLAJ is preempting the first two games of ABC's NBA Christmas Day tripleheader to show regularly-scheduled syndicated programming along with their simulcast of WLNS' 6 PM news.

HD74

Post by HD74 » Wed Dec 13, 2017 4:42 pm

"According at least to Zap2It, WLAJ is preempting the first two games of ABC's NBA Christmas Day tripleheader"

Umm yeah, no.

fake news, fake news, fake news, fake blah, blah blah, blah...........................
You're never too old to learn something stupid.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic