All new acct registrations in the queue as of 8/11 at 9:00a ET have been activated. Want to share your favorite Buzzboard posts with your social media page readers? Now, there's an easy way to do it! Visit this page for instructions: viewtopic.php?f=39&t=47643

(Note: hover your mouse pointer near the upper right corner of this box and click the "x" to close it.)

iHeart and Cumulus Legacy AM's faltering

A place to discuss national and regional television and radio programming.
WOHO

iHeart and Cumulus Legacy AM's faltering

Post by WOHO » Mon Aug 06, 2018 2:56 pm

I just saw the ratings for the original "Clear Channel" station, WAOI, and it was FRACTIONAL! WTH? Same thing with the death of WLS-AM and the choking sound from WJR. These 50KW stations were once a masterpiece of engineering, audio, and programming. Unique in being able to provide baseball games at night a third of the way across the country.
What is very confusing to me is that the NAB thinks it's a great idea to allow an unlimited number of stations in a market (#75+) and as many AM's as anybody wants. Yeah, we saw how well AM radio and FM radio did NOT improve with the 1996- all we got was more voice-tracking, no local news departments, dead air, junk programming on the AM's, no maintenance on the AM's, not enough engineers to handle 10 stations all at once...you get the idea. So how would allowing this monster-pig radio owners own MORE stations improve their service even one ounce? I am confused.

fuzzpower

Re: iHeart and Cumulus Legacy AM's faltering

Post by fuzzpower » Tue Aug 07, 2018 2:49 am

Do you mean WOAI? They rated 4.0 in June, with July numbers coming any day now. WLS is truly pathetic.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Fri Aug 10, 2018 8:30 pm

Wanna really barf?

Take a look at the AWFUL numbers of KGO San Francisco, WABC New York and WLAC Nashville.

R.I.P. Vinnie Paul Abbott (March 11, 1964 – June 22, 2018)

fuzzpower

Post by fuzzpower » Fri Aug 17, 2018 2:59 am

How does a 50kW clear channel draw below a 1.0? I wonder what they are billing.

ftballfan

Post by ftballfan » Sat Aug 18, 2018 9:42 pm

Speaking of Cumulus New York, heritage 95.5 WPLJ and Nash FM have been neck and neck in the ratings the last few months. To make it more remarkable, Nash is one of the few major NYC FM's that doesn't broadcast from Manhattan.

WLAC is getting destroyed by Way FM, which has two rimshot FMs and a translator in Nashville.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic