All new acct registrations in the queue as of 8/11 at 9:00a ET have been activated. Want to share your favorite Buzzboard posts with your social media page readers? Now, there's an easy way to do it! Visit this page for instructions: viewtopic.php?f=39&t=47643

(Note: hover your mouse pointer near the upper right corner of this box and click the "x" to close it.)

Who has the best Sports Radio Network

A place to discuss national and regional television and radio programming.
Deleted User 10525

Who has the best Sports Radio Network

Post by Deleted User 10525 » Wed May 02, 2018 2:16 am

I'm not a big sports person so maybe some of you that are can answer for me. ESPN is obviously the biggest. Then you have Fox sports radio, NBC,CBS, SB nation radio(which used to be yahoo! sports). I am sure I am probably leaving one out. Who is the best? Who is the worst?

80sTalkRadioFan

Re: Who has the best Sports Radio Network

Post by 80sTalkRadioFan » Sat May 05, 2018 10:31 am

I like to listen to several of the Fox Sports Radio hosts, especially Dan Patrick, Colin Cowherd and Doug Gottlieb. Rich Eisen isn't bad either. ESPN Radio's "Freddie and Fitzsimmons" is another favorite of mine. I don't think much of CBS Sports Radio, other than Amy Lawrence's overnight show.

fuzzpower

Post by fuzzpower » Wed May 09, 2018 7:52 am

Fox Sports is probably the worst. I can’t think of a single host I enjoy on that station. Patrick and Gottlieb are pathetic elitist snobs. I haven’t heard NBC in a while due to lack of affiliates, but it was pretty bland last I remember. CBS is hit or miss. Morning show and Rome are awful, DA is OK at times, afternoon is pretty bad with two guys constantly talking over each other. I disagree about Amy Lawrence- she has one of the worst sports shows out there. All she talks about it basketball, just like the Saturday morning guy. Adam the Bull on Saturdays is probably the best show.

Don’t hear much ESPN Radio anymore, but LeBatard is horrible. I haven’t heard the morning show in ages.

SB Nation has a somewhat funny morning show and an ever shifting lineup during the day, except for Salisbury’s show, which is not as good as it was with Steve Bunin as a cohost. The guy from Las Vegas was better on late nights than middays.

I listen to a lot of sports radio.

thekman

Post by thekman » Wed May 09, 2018 10:41 pm

I think ESPN’s lineup is shockingly bad for someone billing itself as the worldwide leader in sports. The better hosts are simply boring, the not-so-good hosts are really, really bad. Mike and Mike should have never been split up. At least they got rid of Bomani Jones, one of the worst radio hosts I have heard. On the weekend, there is not much more uninteresting than Kate Fagan and Sarah Spain.

I like Fox Sports Radio. I don’t listen much during the day, but I’ve always liked Eisen. I enjoy them overnight. JT The Brick, Tom Looney. I think it is quite enjoyable radio. It is a bit West Coast centric, lots of USC football talk for example. But it’s easily my fave of the national networks.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Tue May 15, 2018 7:05 am

I agree with kman regarding ESPN; most of their hosts stink. A very boring lineup. At least they don't have Jonathan Coachman on their non-stop anymore as was the case roughly ten years ago.

Not a Tom Looney fan at all. Too much slappie shtick; does the guy spend more than 25% of his show talking actual sports???

R.I.P. Vinnie Paul Abbott (March 11, 1964 – June 22, 2018)

EnbyCee

Post by EnbyCee » Tue May 15, 2018 12:23 pm

Agree that Mike & Mike should never have been split up, they replaced a solid show with one mediocre show in Golic & Wingo and one terrible show in "Get Up". I can't blame the two of them for wanting to do something else after having been together since 1999, but something better could have resulted.

LeBatard is polarizing, either you love him and his crew or hate them. I'm in the former category, but I think he's eventually going to wind up on satellite anyway. Other than that, ESPN radio sucks, nothing but shilling for sports ESPN televises while shitting on ones ESPN doesn't cover or has decreased coverage of. To listen to them, everything the NBA does is great, the NFL less so, baseball is dying and hockey is less relevant than Formula 1.

I also like Rome, but his show is past its prime. Other than that, CBS is awful.

Fox was good when they (unofficially) had Rome and then Jay Mohr. Now it's Patrick, Eisen, Cowherd, big names, but none I'm really a fan of. And JT and Looney annoy me. At least the horrible morning show they used to have with the "Brooklyn Blowhard" Andy Furman is long gone.

So in conclusion...they all kind of suck and everyone should listen to podcasts instead? :razz

bmw

Post by bmw » Fri Jun 01, 2018 12:16 am

I pretty much quit listening to sports talk radio when politics became intertwined with sports. I used to enjoy listening to SB Nation radio in its days as One-on-One Sports (and later as Sporting News Radio). Kevin Wall, Papa Joe, I miss those guys.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Sat Jun 02, 2018 3:10 pm

Amen! Could not agree more.

R.I.P. Vinnie Paul Abbott (March 11, 1964 – June 22, 2018)

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic