All new acct registrations in the queue as of 7/14 at 10:00a ET have been activated. Want to share your favorite Buzzboard posts with your social media page readers? Now, there's an easy way to do it! Visit this page for instructions: viewtopic.php?f=39&t=47643

(Note: hover your mouse pointer near the upper right corner of this box and click the "x" to close it.)

replacement for Larry Kudlow's Westwood One radio show

A place to discuss national and regional television and radio programming.
80sTalkRadioFan

replacement for Larry Kudlow's Westwood One radio show

Post by 80sTalkRadioFan » Sun Apr 01, 2018 4:35 pm

As you may know, Larry Kudlow ended his long running syndicated radio show on Westwood One this weekend. He'll be sworn in soon as President Trump's new top economic advisor. Is Westwood One replacing his show, or will individual stations have to find their own replacements for Mr. Kudlow's weekly broadcasts?

Deleted User 10525

Re: replacement for Larry Kudlow's Westwood One radio show

Post by Deleted User 10525 » Mon Apr 02, 2018 1:42 am

I was wondering the same thing. I heard his final show on 100.7 in Toledo on Saturday.

80sTalkRadioFan

Post by 80sTalkRadioFan » Mon Apr 02, 2018 11:35 am

If Westwood One doesn't replace it, that probably means 3 more hours of Dave Ramsey reruns on 100.7 in Toledo. If I had to guess, Kudlow probably won't be replaced by the network, since most stations, including Toledo's 100.7, did not air him live, but rather on a tape delay. His initial New York flagship station, WABC-AM, dropped his show entirely at the end of 2017, in favor of 3 hours of infomercials.

Deleted User 10525

Post by Deleted User 10525 » Mon Apr 09, 2018 2:01 pm

100.7 might as well be called Dave FM on The weekend. Nothing against Dave Ramsey but that's what it is. Right, I doubt they will replace the show.

80sTalkRadioFan

Post by 80sTalkRadioFan » Mon Apr 09, 2018 10:46 pm

Last Saturday, CNBC's Michelle Coruso Cabrera filled in for Larry, but it sounded like she would only be on that week. Also, Westwood One did not podcast that episode.

thekman

Post by thekman » Sat Apr 14, 2018 8:58 pm

Stephen Moore is sitting in tonight.

Maybe they’ll just keep the show on the air going forward with various guest hosts. The turnover in the Trump administration is so quick and fast, maybe Kudlow will be back on the radio in 5 months or so.

I really liked Kudlow’s show. While he talked politics, it wasn’t the typical political radio show. It was so tightly focused on economic news. I thought it was a refreshing talk show with a deeper subject matter than most shows out there. Maybe not for everyone, but it was my cup of tea. I really hope Kudlow returns to the format after his public service concludes, whenever that might be.

80sTalkRadioFan

Post by 80sTalkRadioFan » Sat Apr 14, 2018 10:42 pm

Yeah, Steve More was having major technical/isdn issues. His first hour was very choppy. As far as Kudlow, he was one of the few conservatives I could listen to and not want to throw things at the radio. While I disagree with him on many issues, he tried to always present the conservative ideology with a civil tone and asked the same from those who disagreed with him.

80sTalkRadioFan

Post by 80sTalkRadioFan » Sat May 05, 2018 10:24 am

It appears officially gone. After several weeks of fill-in hosts, Larry Kudlow's Westwood One show no longer exists. The station that used to stream it live has replaced it with "Handel On The Law" from iHeart/Premiere Networks. I'll be curious to see what WJR in Detroit and Toledo's 100.7 replace it with later today.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic