All new acct registrations in the queue as of 5/25 at 4:40p ET have been activated. Want to share your favorite Buzzboard posts with your social media page readers? Now, there's an easy way to do it! Visit this page for instructions: viewtopic.php?f=39&t=47643

(Note: hover your mouse pointer near the upper right corner of this box and click the "x" to close it.)

Sixx Sense: dead at the end of the year

A place to discuss national and regional television and radio programming.
TheGadgetGuy

Sixx Sense: dead at the end of the year

Post by TheGadgetGuy » Sat Oct 14, 2017 5:50 pm

The horrid night show that airs on WBFX/Grand Rapids among others is ending at the end of this year.

RadioInsight Story: https://radioinsight.com/headlines/1203 ... -end-2017/

TheForce

Re: Sixx Sense: dead at the end of the year

Post by TheForce » Sun Oct 15, 2017 9:13 am

I didn't think the show was that bad. It's interesting having an actual musician hosting a radio show. It brings a whole new perspective rather than a DJ. I think the iHeart stations should pick up Eddie Trunk Rocks as a replacement for Sixx Sense. Trunk is an expert in hard rock/metal and provides unique insights.

sfpcc

Post by sfpcc » Sun Oct 15, 2017 3:08 pm

I heard the show on 106.7 a few times. I thought he was funny and mildly insightful in a messed up sort of way.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Sun Oct 15, 2017 3:52 pm

I hate the f*cking show. He talks about the exact same crap day...after day...after day...after day. Multiply that by about 7 or 8 years, and you get the point.

By the way, iFart, I wouldn't be crowing about a cume of 3 million for a show that airs on 130 FM stations, many of which are in substantial markets. That's only an average cume of 23,000 listeners per station!

Alice Cooper is a much better show for Classic Rock and HardDrive XL is a far superior show for Active Rock.

Memo to 106.7: Twenty-One Pilots, Imagine Dragons, FUN and Fall Out Boy all S-U-C-K!!! Stop playing those shitty (boy) bands, and maybe you'll end your streak of piss poor ratings!

TheForce

Post by TheForce » Sun Oct 15, 2017 4:16 pm

Alice Cooper's show would also be an excellent alternative.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Wed Feb 07, 2018 8:37 pm

Has anyone else noticed how Premiere/iFart hasn't launched a replacement syndie show? (Good, I say!)

All the iFart-owned stations that I've checked out that previously carried the stupid Sixx Sense show now carry either voicetracked or local programming at night. In virtually every case, the replacement programming is an upgrade.

Memo to 106.7: Twenty-One Pilots, Imagine Dragons, FUN and Fall Out Boy all S-U-C-K!!! Stop playing those shitty (boy) bands, and maybe you'll end your streak of piss poor ratings!

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic