Hello! Welcome to the Michigan Radio & TV Buzzboard. Please visit the newly created "Buzzboard v3.0 features" forum to view announcements as to recently installed new features, as well as to report any issues or share your opinions regarding recent site changes. All accepted new account registrations through 5-23-2017 at 5:15p ET have been activated.

(Note: hover your mouse pointer near the upper right corner of this box and click the "x" to close it.)

GMA Studio Audience

A place to discuss national and regional television and radio programming.
Calvert DeForest

GMA Studio Audience

Post by Calvert DeForest » Sat Jan 07, 2017 12:16 pm

I don't know how long Good Morning America has integrated a live studio audience, but I just happened to catch it the other day. Guess the infotainment cycle is complete. Not impressed. It hearkens back to the days when NBC totally ruined Tom Snyder's Tomorrow show by abandoning the one-on-one interview format in favor of a studio audience (and Rona Barrett). At least David Letterman's production company returned Tom to his native element on CBS for a few years.

How long before the Today Show follows suit?
I'm not a partisan - I'm just here for the free doughnuts!

Realist

Re: GMA Studio Audience

Post by Realist » Sat Jan 07, 2017 1:31 pm

Even though I don't watch GMA, my parents used to watch it so I've occasionally seen it. They've had the studio audience for at least a couple of years. Seems kind of dumb to me.

I don't see Today doing this in studio as they have their audience outside and they go out there...
Not an optimist or pestimist, but a realist on life

rugratsonline

Post by rugratsonline » Sat Jan 07, 2017 1:42 pm

Realist wrote:Even though I don't watch GMA, my parents used to watch it so I've occasionally seen it. They've had the studio audience for at least a couple of years. Seems kind of dumb to me.
The only other time I recall GMA having a studio audience was for the Erma Bombeck segments early in the show's run in the late-1970s, which were recorded separately from the rest of the program.

Some Guy from Toledo

Post by Some Guy from Toledo » Sun Jan 08, 2017 7:55 pm

rugratsonline wrote:
Realist wrote:Even though I don't watch GMA, my parents used to watch it so I've occasionally seen it. They've had the studio audience for at least a couple of years. Seems kind of dumb to me.
The only other time I recall GMA having a studio audience was for the Erma Bombeck segments early in the show's run in the late-1970s, which were recorded separately from the rest of the program.
There's a name I haven't heard in years.

sfpcc

Post by sfpcc » Sun Jan 08, 2017 11:33 pm

There's a name I haven't heard in years.[/quote]

She died in 1996. I remember our teacher mentioned AA Milne son, the child for which he wrote the Winnie The Pooh Series had died. I then mentioned Erma Bombeck had also died and my friend Karen, (a really good person) was kind of shocked. Wow I really miss college.

high fidelity

Post by high fidelity » Sat Apr 08, 2017 7:33 pm

GMA and The Today Show are so obsessed with the celebrity "stories" and puff pieces. CBS Morning News has some credibility since they focus on real news.

rugratsonline

Post by rugratsonline » Sat Apr 08, 2017 7:59 pm

high fidelity wrote:
Sat Apr 08, 2017 7:33 pm
GMA and The Today Show are so obsessed with the celebrity "stories" and puff pieces. CBS Morning News has some credibility since they focus on real news.
And that is where CBS found their strong suit, after many years of failing due to their "if you can't beat'em, join'em" mentality.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Wed Apr 12, 2017 8:04 pm

Impressive growth for CBS This Morning among total viewers over the past five years:
http://www.adweek.com/tvnewser/morning- ... 3-2/326220
102.9 The Hog in Milwaukee KICKS ASS!!! Love the 90's weekends. (The playlist during the work week is damn good, too!)

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic