Welcome to the Buzzboard! By viewing or posting any content on this site, you are agreeing to the TERMS OF USE! So, please take a moment to read them if this is your first visit or have not done so in a while. All accepted registrations through Friday, December 23 at 9:00a ET have been activated.  

It is currently Sat Jan 21, 2017 11:22 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: GMA Studio Audience
PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2017 1:16 pm 

I don't know how long Good Morning America has integrated a live studio audience, but I just happened to catch it the other day. Guess the infotainment cycle is complete. Not impressed. It hearkens back to the days when NBC totally ruined Tom Snyder's Tomorrow show by abandoning the one-on-one interview format in favor of a studio audience (and Rona Barrett). At least David Letterman's production company returned Tom to his native element on CBS for a few years.

How long before the Today Show follows suit?

Post subject: Re: GMA Studio Audience
PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2017 2:31 pm 

Even though I don't watch GMA, my parents used to watch it so I've occasionally seen it. They've had the studio audience for at least a couple of years. Seems kind of dumb to me.

I don't see Today doing this in studio as they have their audience outside and they go out there...

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2017 2:42 pm 

Realist wrote:
Even though I don't watch GMA, my parents used to watch it so I've occasionally seen it. They've had the studio audience for at least a couple of years. Seems kind of dumb to me.

The only other time I recall GMA having a studio audience was for the Erma Bombeck segments early in the show's run in the late-1970s, which were recorded separately from the rest of the program.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2017 8:55 pm 

rugratsonline wrote:
Realist wrote:

The only other time I recall GMA having a studio audience was for the Erma Bombeck segments early in the show's run in the late-1970s, which were recorded separately from the rest of the program.

There's a name I haven't heard in years.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2017 12:33 am 

There's a name I haven't heard in years.[/quote]

She died in 1996. I remember our teacher mentioned AA Milne son, the child for which he wrote the Winnie The Pooh Series had died. I then mentioned Erma Bombeck had also died and my friend Karen, (a really good person) was kind of shocked. Wow I really miss college.