Acceptable registrations in the queue through May 6 at 7:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Where’s Cricket? Kristi Noem Defends Killing Her Dog

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
Honeyman

Re: Where’s Cricket? Kristi Noem Defends Killing Her Dog

Post by Honeyman » Sun Apr 28, 2024 9:10 pm

Lester The Nightfly wrote:
Sun Apr 28, 2024 4:02 pm
Round Six wrote:
Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:53 pm
Honeyman wrote:
Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:11 pm
The fact that Noem brings up the dog killing completely on her own and puts it in her autobiography speaks volumes about her political acumen.
Having read all the posts, what you say is what was running thru my mind. Why did she or her handlers feel the need to include this in her autobiography?
Auditioning for the future boss. Pretty well known Trump has a distain for all thing canine. Just beefing up her bona-fide's.
It's a valid point. How many presidents have had dogs? Like...all of them but Trump. Christ, even Nixon loved Checkers. But the man has only compassion for himself...he's a sick individual.

The censorship king from out of state.

zzand

Post by zzand » Mon Apr 29, 2024 8:30 am

It is being reported that Trump and Desantis met for several hours this past weekend. Could this have been an interview for VP spot?

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Mon Apr 29, 2024 9:35 am

zzand wrote:
Mon Apr 29, 2024 8:30 am
It is being reported that Trump and Desantis met for several hours this past weekend. Could this have been an interview for VP spot?
That would be rather surprising since they both hate each other. It would also require somebody to move. Presidents and their VP’s cannot be from the same state.

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Mon Apr 29, 2024 9:51 am

Trump could use NY.
Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

zzand

Post by zzand » Mon Apr 29, 2024 9:53 am

Trump can easily move his residence since he owns several. They did meet, which shocked me, can't think of any reason other than VP why they would want to talk to each other.

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Mon Apr 29, 2024 9:54 am

audiophile wrote:
Mon Apr 29, 2024 9:51 am
Trump could use NY.
Rikers Island

Robert Faygo

Post by Robert Faygo » Mon Apr 29, 2024 9:58 am

Rate This wrote:
Mon Apr 29, 2024 9:35 am
That would be rather surprising since they both hate each other. It would also require somebody to move. Presidents and their VP’s cannot be from the same state.
Kinda true. The only time this would come into play is with the Electoral College because electors from the state they reside in can't vote for both POTUS and VP if they reside in that state. So, in this case, one or the other would be shut out from getting the 30 electoral votes from Florida.

Oh the fun we'd have in a scenario where POTUS has enough electoral votes to be elected, but the VP does not - or vice versa. Or, even better, the Florida electors could conceivably split so neither one gets enough Electoral College votes to be elected.

Of course, one or the other will just establish residency someplace else between now and November if that's what the ticket is going to be. That's what Cheney did by "moving" to Wyoming.
Wellllll... la de frickin da

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Mon Apr 29, 2024 9:59 am

zzand wrote:
Mon Apr 29, 2024 9:53 am
Trump can easily move his residence since he owns several. They did meet, which shocked me, can't think of any reason other than VP why they would want to talk to each other.
DeSantis would seem to be a drag on the ticket… he’s definitely shown he isn’t ready for the big leagues the way his campaign went…

bmw

Post by bmw » Mon Apr 29, 2024 10:11 am

DeSantis remains a highly unlikely choice, IMO.

As to residency requirements, RF is correct. It only matters for the electors in the state where the candidates live. And I don't think anybody would have to change residency until after the election and only if Florida's electoral votes mattered. The electoral college doesn't vote until a month after the election, so any residency change, if necessary, would happen during that month.

zzand

Post by zzand » Mon Apr 29, 2024 10:13 am

That may be because his campaign was run by the wrong people. The Trump machine is better oiled. I do agree with you, strange bed fellows indeed.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Mon Apr 29, 2024 10:23 am

zzand wrote:
Mon Apr 29, 2024 10:13 am
That may be because his campaign was run by the wrong people. The Trump machine is better oiled. I do agree with you, strange bed fellows indeed.
I don't think his brand of evil resonates with maga crowd nationally. But also, Trump hasn't directed maga's to like him either.
“Blessed are those who are righteous in his name.”
― Matt

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

zzand

Post by zzand » Mon Apr 29, 2024 10:26 am

Very true

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Mon Apr 29, 2024 10:43 am

I think it would be a smart move. Certainly better than the dog killer or Uncle Tom Scott.

zzand

Post by zzand » Mon Apr 29, 2024 10:51 am

I do too. Considering Trump may not make it through his entire term for whatever reason, like a third impeachment.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Mon Apr 29, 2024 12:30 pm

zzand wrote:
Mon Apr 29, 2024 10:51 am
I do too. Considering Trump may not make it through his entire term for whatever reason, like a third impeachment.
After Biden's powerhouse performance at the Correspondence Dinner, how do you think Trump will win?
“Blessed are those who are righteous in his name.”
― Matt

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic