Acceptable registrations in the queue through April 26 at 9:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

If You Like Your Car, You Can Keep Your Car?

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
audiophile

If You Like Your Car, You Can Keep Your Car?

Post by audiophile » Sun Apr 07, 2024 7:51 am

Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

Rate This

Re: If You Like Your Car, You Can Keep Your Car?

Post by Rate This » Sun Apr 07, 2024 8:12 am

audiophile wrote:
Sun Apr 07, 2024 7:51 am
Probably not.

USA Today article:
https://www.msn.com/en-us/health/other/ ... r-BB1lcQ0Y
Huh? I must have missed the line about someone coming down your street and seizing the car you already have. Or the part about not buying a used car powered by gas. It’s not even comparable to the healthcare plan claim.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Sun Apr 07, 2024 9:19 am

Ingrid Jaques has no credibility on this or most topics...
She's a fascist also interested in book banning.
https://eu.dispatch.com/story/opinion/l ... 174699007/
“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

zzand

Post by zzand » Sun Apr 07, 2024 9:42 am

I too missed the part where the government is going to take your current vehicle by force or any other means. The rules have been tightened year after year and yet ICE vehicles still rule the roads. Eventually that will change but it will be because consumers make the choice on their own. Scare tactic by Audiophile.

Ben Zonia

Post by Ben Zonia » Sun Apr 07, 2024 12:13 pm

Considering that EVs present an entirely new set of problems, maximum range without recharging, limited recharging stations, increasing electric consumption and overloading the present grid, EV batteries creating all kinds of new pollution problems, especially disposal, and EVs catching fire and blowing up in vehicles and property, it is likely that any deadlines will have to be extended. Also, tearing up all the walking and bike trails for new rails for high speed trains to replace trucks and usable cars.

Remember, Electric Cars have been around for a hundred years or more, and every new battery design presents a new, larger set of problems.
"I had a job for a while as an announcer at WWV but I finally quit, because I couldn't stand the hours."

-Author Unknown

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Sun Apr 07, 2024 12:25 pm

Ben Zonia wrote:
Sun Apr 07, 2024 12:13 pm

Remember, Electric Cars have been around for a hundred years or more, and every new battery design presents a new, larger set of problems.
Yes. I've been driving gasoline powered cars all my life and I've never ever had a problem with any of them.
I started out with nothing and I still have most of it.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Sun Apr 07, 2024 2:25 pm

Progress is rarely easy. Hell, I could be stuck listening to AM radio instead of 60,000,000 songs at my finger tips for $5 a month.
“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Round Six

Post by Round Six » Sun Apr 07, 2024 2:35 pm

From the article:

" .. Constantly retooling to meet government-imposed targets presents its own challenges to the industry ... "

So why don't the auto industry hold a press conference saying so? Just seems despite whatever mandates the government wants, coming out and saying regulations are unrealistic and too costly for consumers would be an effective way to put the kibosh to it.

It's funny how the UAW has a yard of tongue down Biden's throut while he's imposing rules that may off autoworkers.
Life is not a dress rehearsal. This is it. There's no going back, and we can only go forward before we run out of runway.

Ben Zonia

Post by Ben Zonia » Sun Apr 07, 2024 4:34 pm

TC Talks wrote:
Sun Apr 07, 2024 2:25 pm
Progress is rarely easy. Hell, I could be stuck listening to AM radio instead of 60,000,000 songs at my finger tips for $5 a month.
Considering that there hasn't been a battery developed for cars without serious problems in the last 100 years, I'm not so sure about progress. Then there's these little Laws of Physics called the First and Second Laws of Thermodynamics. Maybe Marty McFly will bring a car fusion system back from the future to reverse engineer?
"I had a job for a while as an announcer at WWV but I finally quit, because I couldn't stand the hours."

-Author Unknown

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Sun Apr 07, 2024 4:46 pm

"Serious problems"? You sound like quiet the authority. Is audiophile posting on your account again?

My hybrid Highlander has run like a clock since new. No reports amongst thousands of owners about "Serious Problems"

My step son builds thermal systems for auto batteries, again, no "Serious Problems" he's measured.

Now, ICE cars burst into flames on roads every day...
https://www.kbb.com/car-news/report-evs ... ered-cars/
― Noam Chomsky

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Sun Apr 07, 2024 7:17 pm

How will this affect audiophiles "car for virginity" approach to fatherhood?
The censorship king from out of state.

Round Six

Post by Round Six » Sun Apr 07, 2024 9:40 pm

TC Talks wrote:
Sun Apr 07, 2024 4:46 pm
Well .. I think this study may be flawed. Yes, more ICE's per ten thousand catch fire than electric's per ten thousand. But how did they catch fire?

EV's are catching fire all by themselves. Sitting in a garage. Plugged into a charger. Parked on the side of road. Spontaneous combination while cruising the boulevard.

How many ICE fires are NOT due to being involved in an accident?
Life is not a dress rehearsal. This is it. There's no going back, and we can only go forward before we run out of runway.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Sun Apr 07, 2024 9:42 pm

Round Six wrote:
Sun Apr 07, 2024 9:40 pm
TC Talks wrote:
Well .. I think this study may be flawed. Yes, more ICE's per ten thousand catch fire than electric's per ten thousand. But how did they catch fire?

EV's are catching fire all by themselves. Sitting in a garage. Plugged into a charger. Parked on the side of road. Spontaneous combination while cruising the boulevard.

Lots… mostly from debris in the engine or electrical issues. Car fires are a daily occurrence on the freeways. Have been for decades.

Round Six

Post by Round Six » Sun Apr 07, 2024 10:03 pm

Rate This wrote:
Sun Apr 07, 2024 9:42 pm
Round Six wrote:
TC Talks wrote:

Lots… mostly from debris in the engine or electrical issues. Car fires are a daily occurrence on the freeways. Have been for decades.
Point taken. But I stand by what I said.

Can we agree the majority of EV fires are due to spontaneous combustion? And the majority of ICE fires are caused by a fender bender?

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Sun Apr 07, 2024 11:36 pm

Round Six wrote:
Sun Apr 07, 2024 10:03 pm
Rate This wrote:
Sun Apr 07, 2024 9:42 pm
Round Six wrote:
TC Talks wrote:

Point taken. But I stand by what I said.

Can we agree the majority of EV fires are due to spontaneous combustion? And the majority of ICE fires are caused by a fender bender?
But I’m not sure your fender bender idea holds up…

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic