Acceptable registrations in the queue through April 26 at 9:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Iran Pondering Attack of Israel

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
audiophile

Re: Iran Pondering Attack of Israel

Post by audiophile » Sun Apr 14, 2024 10:32 am

I don't know about ridicule specifically, just stating the facts pretty much demonstrates how inept they are.

Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

radiofann

Post by radiofann » Sun Apr 14, 2024 10:54 am

So did Hamas attack on Oct 07 show they are the real professional effective terrorists?

Is Iran a paper tiger, as was saddam Hussein?

Iran knows Israel has nukes and advanced attack arsenal, and might use them, so it could explain the 1% effectiveness ratio of its (Iran) drones and missiles.

I’m assuming Iran knows Israel could do to cities in Iran the same thing it’s done to Gaza.

zzand

Post by zzand » Sun Apr 14, 2024 12:50 pm

Another possible idea. Iran had to respond to the attack but did not want to start a major war in the middle east so they hatched this attack, warned it had started knowing full well it would be more or less useless. They show that they retaliated, it was repelled and neither side has anything else to prove at this point in time.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Sun Apr 14, 2024 12:59 pm

Israel will over respond.
“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

Ben Zonia

Post by Ben Zonia » Sun Apr 14, 2024 1:16 pm

Seriously, almost none of this turmoil would have happened if Trump was President. Deep down, you know it. They were illegitimately afraid of him, due to US media hyperbole, but that's what we needed and need now.

The media has been able to hide Biden's incompetency in this country by censoring and ignoring it, but worldwide, it's widely known. The world and criminal element in this country are acting like they would in a rowdy classroom, when an incompetent substitute teacher fills in.

As far as the gas prices and stock market, a competent President would reopen all the oil fields so we aren't literally over an oil barrel. Most of the people are in the stock market because the interest rates on bank accounts are abysmally low, and put 401Ks, IRAs, etc. in stocks for long term retirement. There was a time when having a net worth of $1 MM, and even much less with Social Security, would mean that just passbook interest would provide for your retirement. Now, it's risky at best.
Last edited by Ben Zonia on Sun Apr 14, 2024 1:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"I had a job for a while as an announcer at WWV but I finally quit, because I couldn't stand the hours."

-Author Unknown

Matt

Re:

Post by Matt » Sun Apr 14, 2024 1:35 pm

Ben Zonia wrote:
Sun Apr 14, 2024 1:16 pm
Seriously, almost none of this turmoil would have happened if Trump was President. Deep down, you know it. They were illegitimately afraid of him, due to US media hyperbole, but that's what we needed and need now.

The media has been able to hide Biden's incompetency in this country by censoring and ignoring it, but worldwide, it's widely known. The world and criminal element in this country are acting like they would in a rowdy classroom, when an incompetent substitute teacher fills in.

As far as the gas prices and stock market, a competent President would reopen all the oil fields so we aren't literally over an oil barrel. Most of the people are in the stock market because the interest rates on back accounts are abysmally low, and put 401Ks, IRAs, etc. in stocks for long term retirement. There was a time when having a net worth of $1 MM, and even much less with Social Security, would mean that just passbook interest would provide for your retirement. Now, it's risky at best.
Wrong, as usual. We need Trump out of the public eye. The sooner that happens, the better.
Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

Ben Zonia

Re: Re:

Post by Ben Zonia » Sun Apr 14, 2024 1:47 pm

Matt wrote:
Sun Apr 14, 2024 1:35 pm

Wrong, as usual. We need Trump out of the public eye. The sooner that happens, the better.
I'm sure glad I don't live in Ann Arbor, and just listen to NPR and watch CNN.

Trying to lock up ex Presidents is what they do in backwards Third World countries. Another term with Biden and his puppetmasters, and that's where we'll all be.

Biden's people want total control, not "democracy". Remember, not long ago, when the saying was "live and let live"? You heard it every day. I guess maybe you don't remember that.
"I had a job for a while as an announcer at WWV but I finally quit, because I couldn't stand the hours."

-Author Unknown

km1125

Post by km1125 » Sun Apr 14, 2024 2:07 pm

Matt wrote:
That right there is pretty hilarious!

How many threads have been started here by you, Rate This, TC Talks, Taco, Honeyman, Lester the Nightly, FakeAndyStewart, zzand, MotorCityRadioFreak, ttopperz28, (and probably a couple others) about TRUMP? YOU GUYS are the ones keeping him square in the public eye, and an option for folks who think the current administration is abysmal. Virtually NONE of the threads started about Trump are from the alleged "Trump supporters" on this site.

YOU GUYS along with most of the media are his most useful bullhorn to stay in the minds of the public. And because everyone knows there's some amount of fabrication or embellishment in nearly every story you guys post, you have to question the accuracy or truth of anything presented, but folks still get the message that Trump is relevant and is an option. You'd think sticking to the truth and the facts would be enough if he were as bad ad you guys say, but yet you continue to fabricate and embellish.

He is being promoted effectively. BY YOU GUYS.

And the media is following right along. Most of us would never know that he's having massive rallies all across the country, except the media is making sure we see how popular he can be at those events. Every. Single. Time.

Matt

Post by Matt » Sun Apr 14, 2024 9:04 pm

km1125 wrote:
Sun Apr 14, 2024 2:07 pm
Matt wrote:
That right there is pretty hilarious!

How many threads have been started here by you, Rate This, TC Talks, Taco, Honeyman, Lester the Nightly, FakeAndyStewart, zzand, MotorCityRadioFreak, ttopperz28, (and probably a couple others) about TRUMP? YOU GUYS are the ones keeping him square in the public eye, and an option for folks who think the current administration is abysmal. Virtually NONE of the threads started about Trump are from the alleged "low-intelligence Trump supporters" on this site.

YOU GUYS along with most of the media are his most useful bullhorn to stay in the minds of the public. And because everyone knows there's some amount of fabrication or embellishment in nearly every story you guys post, you have to question the accuracy or truth of anything presented, but folks still get the message that Trump is relevant and is an option. You'd think sticking to the truth and the facts would be enough if he were as bad ad you guys say, but yet you continue to fabricate and embellish.

He is being promoted effectively. BY YOU GUYS.

And the media is following right along. Most of us would never know that he's having massive rallies all across the country, except the media is making sure we see how popular he can be at those events. Every. Single. Time.
This is like saying "she was asking for it" about a rape victim. This shouldn't be a.surprise from a guy that denies Trump supporters were trying to stop the election certification.
Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

format this

Post by format this » Mon Apr 15, 2024 1:49 am

Here’s a great article from The Guardian as to the outcome… and Iran doesn’t look good right now. https://apple.news/AXTR13cqtTFuvxysXQMVHjg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Note to WGN... bring back Steve Cochran ASAP.

EDIT: Steve Cochran IS BACK AT WGN!!!

Round Six

Re:

Post by Round Six » Mon Apr 15, 2024 4:30 pm

Ben Zonia wrote:
Seriously, almost none of this turmoil would have happened if Trump was President. Deep down, you know it. They were illegitimately afraid of him, due to US media hyperbole, but that's what we needed and need now ...
I wholeheartedly agree that Hamas or Russia would not of attacked Israel or the Ukraine if Trump was president. But not for the media hyperbole you alluded to.

Whether you are Pro Donald or not, few can disagree no one, even his closest staff, can predict what his reaction may be. Some say he's an unstable as an elephant on a unicycle. Biden on the other hand is like any other Democrat. A paper tiger. All posture, no punch.

Say what you want about Trump being Putin's little bun boy. But did the facade of a bromance keep Vladimir's aspirations at bay?
Life is not a dress rehearsal. This is it. There's no going back, and we can only go forward before we run out of runway.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Mon Apr 15, 2024 9:02 pm

Round Six wrote:
Mon Apr 15, 2024 4:30 pm
Ben Zonia wrote:
Seriously, almost none of this turmoil would have happened if Trump was President. Deep down, you know it. They were illegitimately afraid of him, due to US media hyperbole, but that's what we needed and need now ...
I wholeheartedly agree that Hamas or Russia would not of attacked Israel or the Ukraine if Trump was president. But not for the media hyperbole you alluded to.

Whether you are Pro Donald or not, few can disagree no one, even his closest staff, can predict what his reaction may be. Some say he's an unstable as an elephant on a unicycle. Biden on the other hand is like any other Democrat. A paper tiger. All posture, no punch.

Say what you want about Trump being Putin's little bun boy. But did the facade of a bromance keep Vladimir's aspirations at bay?
Ironically Trump is the actual Paper Tiger… he backs down literally every time.

paul8539

Post by paul8539 » Sat Apr 20, 2024 10:59 pm

OK, so Iran attacked, Israel responded. The price of oil moved a little, but not much. There is still no WW3. Biden is still in office. What next?

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic